2006 Chevrolet Equinox

Great vehicle

by from on July 12, 2011

Really enjoyed my Equinox. Powerful engine but a fuel sipper. Great for a growing family without upgrading to a minivan.

Great Car

by from Lee's Summit, Mo on December 26, 2009

I purchased My Equinox used with 15,000mi on it. Had it for about 1 1/2 years and so far been totally satisfied. The ride is smooth and comfortable. Handles well except when turning into tight spaces (takes very wide turns). The best thing about this car is the room, has the feel of a mid size suv. So far it has been problem free. The two biggest draw backs are with the seats; stains very easily and when backing up it's very difficult to see over both driver and back seat head rest and I am 6' 3".

Best car for the money

by from Bristol, Ct on May 1, 2011

Purchased my 2006 Equinox a month ago-enjoy driving it to work and will take it on vacation in july. it is powerful on the highway, and a pleasure to drive. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to buy a car.

Made it to 240K with very few problems

by from Boise Idaho on January 7, 2016

Purchased my Equinox 2wd in 2007 with 20K on it. I am a ford person and went from an Explorer that I loved. I am now getting ready call it quits with 240K and sad to see it go. The motor and tranny are still going strong. Mine is just the 2wd it has been great on nasty roads. As you can guess I am a commuter and have put it to the test. Most repairs were basic maintenance, EXCEPT for the door that switches the thermostat from hot to cold. The part was only 25.00 but the labor was right around 1000.00. It is a known problem but Chevy didn't seem to want to recall it. To access the door you have to tear apart the dash which takes between 8 &10 hrs. Now the heater core is out, and once again the dash will have to be taken apart to fix it (book says 6 - 8 hrs. of labor) to access a 75.00 part. Will I buy another one? I?m not sure yet. If Chevy would have made parts easier to access, or at least recalled the door, I would in a heartbeat."

Best vehicle I've owned to date!

by from Pennsylvania on June 25, 2014

I own a 2006 Chevy equinox. I wasn't crazy about the color but the price was right. I think it had 14,000 miles when I purchased it. I now have 173,000 and it's still going. I hope it lasts another 30,000. Just love it, drives great in all weather conditions. I've put very little money into this vehicle outside of normal wear and tear.

Good value

by from CA on June 8, 2007

I overpaid for mine because I wanted to get rid of a lease I had. No regrets here. Mine has no bells and wistles but even with the basic stuff it is not a bad deal

Good Value for the money

by from West Palm Beach, FL on October 10, 2008

Vehicle is a pleasure to drive. Interior needs work for cleaning purposes. Window controls take a while to get used to where they are. Comfort, quietness and reliability are what I like the best on this vehicle. I have had Honda CRV and Ford Explorer. The Equinox, is better on gas (21 MPG around town) 272 miles for 12 gallons. I am very happy with this gas mileage !!!! Not bad for a 6 Cylinder. The Equinox gets on highways very easy to go up to 75 mph with little effort. Lots of head room and adjustable seat is a plus. I paid 10,500 for a 2006 with 34,000 miles on it. Cannot beat the price for a crossover. Highly recommend this vehicle. Also good space for carrying things in the back.

Best Car I've Had

by from Lancaster, PA on November 29, 2010

Going from an 89 Cavalier Z24 to a 2001 Cavalier 4 door, the 2006 Chevy Equinox is by far an upgrade!

love my equinox

by from New Jersey on January 15, 2008

I have two kids and my husband is tall at 6'5" and the four of us fit very well in the car. I bought this vehicle at the end of 2005 and have loved it. There have been no problems at all with it. We have taken it on numerous trips and it has done well with gas mileage. I also like the way the back seat can move up to 6" front or back for either more leg room or more cargo space.

Best laid out interior folr Tall people

by from Cleveland, Oh on October 28, 2006

Never thought I would go domestic, however since my test drive I have changend my mind. I purchased the Equinox AWD six months ago and have been delighted everyday. The vehicle is extremly roomy and cormfortable. I am 6'5 and my partner has had major back surgey so leg room and comfort are our number one concerns. We are also pleased with Chevys interior lay out. This is the first vehicle to put all controls for locks and windows in the center so the front seat passenger can help the driver with backseat children.