2008 Impala

2008 Chevrolet Impala

2008 Chevrolet Impala

4.5

Have You Driven the 2008 Chevrolet Impala?

BEST EQUIPPED CAR I'VE EVER OWNED

by BARGAIN HUNTER from ca on Mon Sep 12 2011

Because of circumstances beyond my control I ended up haveing to but another car. I found this 2008 Impala on the web at one of my local dealers. I called to see if they still had it and was told yes and to come by for a test drive, One look and I was hooked. It is a 2008 LT with about all the bells and whistles. It seats 4 very comfortable and gets great gas mileage. One little draw back I have with it is it does seem a bit underpowered. The 3.5L V-6 seems to struggle a little, but I think I have come to terms even with that small item. I just dont get as big a hurry. Overall it gets 9.5 out of 10 where 10 is excellant.

Overlooked American Car Quality

by American Made from Allendale, MI on Fri May 13 2011

I Leased this 2008 Impala LT new in November of 2007 (my first new car from the showroom floor) I now have 51000 and have since purchased the car and I still Love it! Regular oil changes are the only thing I've had to do to it. The car at 51000 miles is still "tight" and rattle free. I've taken long road trips and achieved up to 33 miles to the gallon and that was even through some mountain ranges and I average about 26 in my general driving. I've used both Ethanol and Gas and besides the loss of fuel milage with ethanol it runs perfect on both. I have always been a "buy American" person but the quality of this car has me convinced that there has never been a better time to buy GM car! The Quality is perfect. For a negative, the only one thing I had an issue with was the Goodyear Integrity tires that came on the car were wore to fast on the sides even with proper tire rotation. I put new Michelin tires on at about 40000 and the car is riding great. I work with 4 people and know several others that bought Impala's in 2008 & 2009 and they all still have them and have had the same experience that I have. I'm shopping to add a GM crossover for our family and replacing the Dodge Mini-van. Cars.com has good reviews on them as well! Thanks GM for stepping up your "Fit & Finnish" and producing great quality cars!

Good Car

by Floyd Camper from Erie PA on Thu Feb 23 2012

Bought this 2008 Impala LT 3.5 V6 Flex Fuel, with 45,000. Fantastic 36 MPG on a trip, 22 to 25 normal every day driving. Only one problem, 18 rotors in 17 months. Just had a new type of rotor put on today, hopefully they last a long time. This car seems to have more HP than it should, runs like a big V8. I use all synthitic oils, Amsoil. Don't put in a K & N air filter, the oil in the filter gets sucked out and gums up the throtle body and gas MPG drops big time. I had to clean the TB out and use a reg. filter. MPG back up.

I Love This Car!

by Working Mom from Erie, PA on Fri Nov 12 2010

This is by far the nicest car I've owned yet! It drives beautifully, is good on gas, and looks great! I feel proud every morning when I unlock it to go to work.Thank God for this blessing!

LUCKY WE WEREN'T IN TRAFFIC

by NO MORE CHEVROLET from SHAMROCK, TEXAS on Fri Mar 04 2011

WE HAD THE IMPALA ABOUT A YEAR WHEN THE COMPUTER WENT OUT. WHEN THIS HAPPENS, I HOPE YOUR NOT IN HEAVY TRAFFIC OR YOU CAN PROBABLY KISS YOUR LIFE GOOD-BYE. NO POWER STEERING, NO NOTHING. TRADED IT OFF WITH 5500 MILES.

Does not recommend this car!!

EXCELLENT CAR

by CHEVYGIRL from Rochester, NY on Tue Mar 16 2010

Great performance, drives very smoooth, very classy look, traded my 1998 Chevy Monto, this 2008 LT with the spolier is the best out there for the money!

great car all round

by johnnydude from wabash indiana on Mon Feb 13 2012

we love the car and would buy another when time to.my family and friends love it as well as i do. co-workers as well

Most reliable car I've owned.

by MutualDecline from Chicago,IL on Mon May 15 2017

My first car was an 08 Chevy Impala LT & its been sitting up pretty good. Maintenance for the car is relatively cheap & it handles good. Because of it's age it's not beating out newer cars looks or interior designs but if you're looking for a cheap car thats good on gas, has some muscle power & has low maintenance costs, this is the car for you. The legroom in the rear seats aren't very roomy & the seats aren't very comfortable if you're taking long distance trips but other than that it's a good car even with high gas mileage.

Love this car!

by Terri from Sacramento on Wed Jan 25 2012

I found this car on cars.com. I am so happy with it. I got a great deal. The car is in great shape. It runs well and is very comfortable. It feels like the car for me.

Very impressed with the car

by I have a Nissan sports car from Northern Florida on Wed Aug 27 2008

I previously drove a Buick LeSabre with heavy duty suspension, leather etc. Bought the 2008 LTZ with just under 8,000 miles after quite a bit of research and some test driving. We recently took a 2500 mile trip and the car is everything I thought it could be and more. It is my wifes car as I drive a Nissan Z car (so I am used to a car that is responsive and hadles well). I was impessed with how well the LTZ handles and the firm but comfortable ride. It can get excellent milage, if you keep your foot out of it, and responds well if you decide to push it. It was hard to keep within the speed limit on the trip because the LTZ wanted to cruise at over 80 on the Interstates. At those speeds we still got 23-25 mpg and if you keep it between 65 and 70 mph you should be able to get near 30 mpg on the highway. We have had many good comments regarding the car and the amount of storage it has with or without the rear seat folded down. I would highly reccommend the car. The only negative the wife and I have noticed is the blind spots that result in the need to be extra careful when changing lanes in traffic.