Model Details

4.2
Average based on 28 reviews

Great car.

by from Glendale, CA on November 30, 2010

My car was totaled by a drunk driver but while I had it, GREAT GAS MILEAGE, comfortable, nice styling and awesome stereo. I will buy this car again soon enough. Good buy.

awesome car around

by from update ny on January 25, 2009

i have owned 3 monte carlos, have owned other cars in between, wont own anything but Monte Carlos. most dependalbe, comfortable, & safe car. drive 100 miles per day, in NY weather...it's the best! you can't sell me on anything but this car.

REMINDS ME OF YEARS AGO

by from Minneapolis, MN on October 23, 2010

Drives like a HP Car should. Mileage not bad but with a 300 hp. plus engine WHO CARES. I am 62 years young, every time I get behind the wheel I suddenly am reverted back to when I was 17, driving my '63 Plymouth Street & Strip Belvedere. Without any after market modifications it drive awesome! Great Silver Color, wish it was 2 tone. Too bad they did not use the Holden Platform. At that point it would be a monster, especially with a 6 Liter. GM has my vote but they better get their act together. One issue I do have is the heater controls. It is like when they first came out with the new body Lesabre and the heater controls were too small.

Amazing car!!!!!!!!!!

by from on January 1, 2011

This car is amazing i have a 2006 Monte Carlo ss and i wish they kept making it. I will keep this car as long as i live! I would recomend this car to any one that wants a fast comfortable car.

VERY PLEASED

by from ARLINGTON,TX. on January 28, 2008

I owned several vehicles in the past and the hangling is great.it has enough power and speed to play on the freeways and also cruise on a nice evening with the wife.

Best car on earth

by from milwaukee on February 4, 2008

I had this car for about 3 months now and I told everyone about to go buy them one for it's overall appearance, performance, and design. the interior design could of been better but that is my only issue with the car.

Lucky Owner

by from PIttsburgh PA on August 3, 2009

I was searching for a good value to replace a high mileage Pontiac GTP AND newer F150. I wanted a large trunk and I prefer coupes. Test drove the LT with 3900 V6 and I loved the smooth power. I bought it used in March 07 with 15k miles. I have 48k miles on it now. I had one issue with a power steering fluid leak. On highway drives it averages over 28mpg, in stop and go driving it gets just over 20. It's very comfortable and powerful, there's no power loss with the AC. The XM radio is great for trips (but I'd prefer better, crisper speakers) steering wheel mounted controls are very useful. I like the 17inch wheels, it looks more aggressive than the previous SS models. The back seats are still roomy and the trunk will hold golfbags without having to take out any long clubs. One downside is trade-in value. I considered trading it for something smaller. At 197 inches long its a challenge in a small driveway, but I'd rather keep the reliability, power and styling than trade it for the same priced econobox.

Great Coupe

by from Ann Arbor, MI on April 3, 2011

I bought my 2006 Monte Carlo LT as a GM Certified Used vehicle in 2008. I've had it over 3 years now and I've really enjoyed this car. It has the upgraded 3.9L V-6 and I must say it has plenty of power - I would not consider the small-block V8 because the hit in fuel economy outweighs the advantages of the slightly more powerful engine. It's very comfortable for two people (though some passengers have complained the passenger seat is too firm) and the back seat is usable but would not recommend grown adults back there for very long. I really love the heated seats and the dual-climate control (albeit manual) is very useful. The heat and A/C is always powerful. The radio is good for a base factory stereo. The only major repairs engine-wise is the water-pump had to be replaced around 85k miles. My two qualms so far have been (1) when the fan is run on it's lowest setting, a very high-pitched whir/buzz/noise can be heard (especially from the passenger seat) which is very annoying on road trips, and (2) I've had issues with the 4-speed automatic transmission slipping. My dealership has looked at it and they say it's just getting old - replace the fluids. We'll see if that does anything when it's brought in for it's 100k tune-up in the next month or so. With appropriate tires, the big coupe does quite well in winter driving - though I've gotten stuck many times in Lower Michigan (on side roads). I would not recommend this car because it's really not very practical unless you only ever have 2 people in the car (including yourself). The doors have this jack-in-the-box reaction when opened and since it's a coupe the huge heavy doors have pinched quite a few ankles. Also there's just better options from GM, Ford, and all the others nowadays. Regardless - the Monte Carlo was discontinued after the 2007 model year and replaced by the Chevrolet Camaro. My next vehicle will be a small crossover SUV or AWD wagon (Subaru anyone?)

BEST CARS EVER

by from TENNESSEE on July 29, 2011

I HAVE OWNED 3 MONTE CARLOS, THEY ARE ALL GREAT, THE 2006 IS A DREAM, ALL THE COMFORT AND SPACE ANYONE COULD ASK FOR. AND IT WILL GET UP AND GO WHEN NECESSARY.... GREAT CARS!

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

by from LOS ANGELES on July 13, 2006

I COMMUTE OVER 100 MILES PER DAY AND THIS CAR IS THE SAFEST AND FASTEST WAY TO REACH MY DESTINATION. I WAS A LITTLE WORRIED ABOUT THE PRICE OF GAS AND FUEL ECONOMY, BUT THE SS MODEL SWITCHES FROM 8 TO 4 CYL WHEN YOU'RE CRUISING ON THE HIGHWAY AT A NORMAL RATE OF SPEED. IT'S GREAT.