2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo consumer reviews

$20,330 starting MSRP
side view of 2006 Monte Carlo Chevrolet
Explore the 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Great car and Great Project Car

Hi im 15 but im just here to write a review. So I recently got my learners permit and my dad has been teaching me how to drive some. The 06 monte carlo LT is the car he got me to drive when im 16. He says the ss isn't a good fit for younger people which I totally agree. A 5.3L V8 would be too much mainly because i can accelerate on a yeild and still get some slight tire spin so a v8 would be a bit much. Its comfort is great and at first my mom said to get a big car because im a decently sized person and all but when she heard my dad was going to pay for the car and stuff she let it be. I wanted a jeep at first because my options were limited to high sitting cars. But when i saw the monte carlo at the lot my dad took me too i just had to accept his offer. Though im only 15 ive been a decent mechanic most of my life. So the person selling it was my uncle and he allowed me to test drive it. It handles well recently i fixed the wheel because it wasnt alligned. My dad says if i can find a fair price for something i need for the car then he will buy it and I will fix it. Which is a fair deal. I have a project car at a young age. I still need to see whats wrong with the front right. Every time i brake it shakes the wheel so when i diagnose that im gonna fix it. Oh i apologise i shouldn't have said so much this is a story more than a review i apologize have a nice day. To sum it up good car great design it looks like a race car My dad said someone named dale earnheart i believe drove it in nascar. Thank you for your time.

4.3

Very attractive car

I love monte carlo's I wish they made them still I will never sell my 06 monte carlo very comfortable seats and I love the beautiful style of it. Plenty of power and easy to drive

Best cars I've owned

I've owned an 06 LT with the 3.5L V6 and an 06 SS with the 5.3L V8. Both cars were amazing and I would highly recommend one if you get the chance!

I get compliments everywhere I go!

2006 Monte Carlo SS. V8 power, looks like a NASCAR, dependable and comfortable. I get more compliments on the Monte than I’ve ever got on my Corvette. It’s strange how much people are drawn the this body style.

Most reliable car I have ever owned. What can I sa

I love this car. My mechanic's say other then tires n oil changes, they won't see me much. I did have valve cover gaskets replaced. They are junk gaskets. Real thin n small. I don't know how they can work at all. But the engine was in the high 90 thou. when this was done. AC was replaced too in the 90 thou. Other then that , this car, other then maintenance, I haven't seen much of my mechanic's. They miss me. Everybody loves my car. When gaskets were put on, I was told the inside of my engine looks brand new. No dirt. No wear. It has over 100 thou now. Todays date: 7/27/2020.

Sports car

Fun car to drive! Just don't need it anymore..getting a new truck..has not been driven since March..highway driving is fun..love the 6 cylinder..never owned a sports car before

I love my Monte Carlo.

My only complaint is that it's difficult to get in and out of the back seat, other than that it's am AMAZING car!! Great power and great gas mileage!

3.9

Nice car had a few issues tho

I have a 06 Monte with the 3.5 v6 it’s the lt and it’s very good on gas and speed and all around a good car but the ignition tumbler or ignition switch went on mine and know keeps power on 24/7 but I disconnect the battery every time I leave my car I also have a slight power steering leak somewhere on the bottom these cars are knowen for electrical issues and steering issues I do recommend these cars but your pocket better be Abel to keep it up to date with work when it needs it

4.1

Great daily driver

It reliably got me from home and work for years. Only issue I had was getting kids in and out of the back seat. That is why I had to let it go and get a 4 door. It always drove well and was comfortable to drive in.

3.9

Long lasting car

Loved my Monte Carlo. It was my first car. Owned it for three years and it was quite reliable. Did have to have minor repairs due to the age and high mileage it had but it was a great car. The only downside was a sluggish 4 speed transmission. Would have liked at least a 5 speed to pair nicely with the 3.9L v6.