2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Always been a Chevy lover the one I have now I am

by from Las Vegas on September 13, 2017

The vehicle is very reliable I have over 200,000 miles on it and it still runs great I would recommend to anybody to buy a Chevy also have a 2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ that I'm very pleased with it is great for going on vacation or an everyday driver

Great truck

by from on May 29, 2017

2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Extended Cab. 2 wheel Drive 5.3 Liter V8. Automatic Transmission. Power windows cruise tilt. NO DAMAGE HISTORY. I am second owner purchased from a dealer that took it in on trade. Runs great never any issues since I have had it. Never had a check engine light or any repairs. All gauges work. AC blows cold on all settings. New battery in 2015. I put cold air intake on it and a Rock Ford Fosgate Stereo amp. Tinted windows. Good tires. Bed Liner, Has a Trailer hitch but I have never towed anything. Cloth seats. Interior is in excellent condition. Oil changed every 4000 mi. I have the Clean Title in my hands. Total miles on truck are 164,000. THIS TRUCK IS CLOSE TO EXCELLENT CONDITION IF IT WERE NOT FOR A FEW DOOR DINGS AND A VERY MINOR SCRATCH ON LEFT LOWER QUARTER PANEL. Cash Only $7500.

Love the truck

by from Cedar Falls, Iowa on May 11, 2017

Great truck that's very reliable. Plenty of power and towing capability. Even as a 2wd it drives great year around.

Best truck I've owned

by from on April 24, 2017

This truck has been great from my drive to work to playing in the mud. It's very comfortable for my family of three and two full grown German shepherd dogs.

My tears are in the rearveiw mirror.

by from Paragould, Ar on April 8, 2017

Awsome truck. Comfortable ride, Great handling. Saved my life in a near accident. Always getting looks, inquiries and thumbs up from people I don't even know.

Great truck

by from Yukon OK on April 5, 2017

One of the best trucks i've seen been happy so far bought back in june of 2016 basic maintenance done cold air stopped working easy quick $5 fix

Uses car for Towing

Love this truck

by from Janesville, WI on June 22, 2016

Great features, comfortable, gas mileage as expected. Lots of pulling power. Pulled camper up hills and still had power to accelerate.

Uses car for Towing

2006 1500 W/T

by from IL on May 24, 2015

I've always been a fan of GM and I've never had a problem with this truck. I'm the second owner and the first owner took good care of it, taking it to the dealer for regular work. It now has 104,000 miles and I've had no problems with it at all. I bought it with 86,000. It's pretty basic with crank windows, 2wd, 8ft bed, a/c, and the 4.3L. I wanted simple, I don't need all of the bells and whistles, just more stuff to repair. No point in getting a 4wd unless you like off road driving or live out in the sticks. I use it for towing a small boat, as well as, throwing things in the bed. Mainly use it as a daily around town driver. The only minor drawback is the 4.3L engine. It gets around 16/18 mpg which isn't bad. Kinda underpowered but its a truck not a Camaro. The 4.3L/5.7L engines are legendary and will last for ever if you take care of them, overall its a great truck for the price!

Still running strong

by from Michigan, California on February 23, 2014

Bought new in 2006 Chevy Silverado Z71 package 5.3 V8, just came back from a cross country run 3,500 miles and it has over 163K miles on it, got close to 20MPG with loaded down truck bed, has camper shell. Used 1 QT of oil as usual and no issues, keep speed around 70 MPG up or down hill no problems. Smooth ride and very quite. Only had to replace rotors on both fronts and water pump and a few other issues under $200. Normal maintenance and oil changes, replaced shocks at 125K other than that I can not complain, replaced original tires at 50K next at 100K Michelins XT's,recent survey said most trucks and big SUV's can go 200K easily, made a believer out of me. Will keep around till it falls apart, why bother paying $$$$ for a new one.

dump it while yoou can

by from N. Minnesota on December 25, 2012

Have had Chevy or GMC for many Years but this one brings me to tears.Bought new and at about 50,000 miles brought it in because of OIL CONSUMPTION, 2 quarts every 2400 miles. They say it is within their parameters. but I could have a oil study done!! I already know how much was burning!!! Wrote Chevrolet a letter (not CUSSING like I wanted to) and never heard a word back , not a big surprise. Google this and you will find a ton of other chevy owners with the same problem and nothing is being done!!! Silverado 1500 5.3. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!