2006 Silverado 1500

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

4.4

Have You Driven the 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500?

Great truck for a great price

by Love my Silverado from KY on Tue Nov 15 2011

I had my Tacoma recalled this year and had a tough time switching to Chevy. But I must say now that I have had it for about 4 months, I love my '06 Silverado. It is such a smooth ride, drives great, quiet and comfortable. The only downsides are some of the missing upgrades, I would have liked a sliding rear window, controls on the steering wheel, etc. I also miss the storage space below the rear seats in the Tacoma. There is really nowhere to stash straps, etc. Otherwise I am very happy. It is an adjustment to spend $75 to fill my gas tank, but it does get around 400 miles to a tank, which is nice to not have to stop as often (Tacoma got about 300). I hope to keep this truck for a very long time, I may be a Chevy girl after all!

just rolled over a million miles and still going

by Jevans2020 from united states on Thu Dec 19 2019

I purchased this truck new in 2006, I do a lot of cross country driving due to delivering aircraft engine parts and usually go through a truck every 3-5 years. If a vehicle leaves me stranded more then 3 times that's when i start looking for a replacement. This vehicle has never left me stranded, albeit I replaced the 4l60e transmission with the 4l80e at just over 250k. The original engine in this truck is still going, stock sealed. I purchased a 2013 cummins and later a 2017 powerstroke, both of these vehicle did not last more then 150k before needing turbo charge replacement, and a host of other issues. I still have the powerstroke to tow my fifth wheel but it doesnt leave the state anymore. These trucks are rock solid, and this one has made me over hundreds of thousands of dollars. best truck i have ever owned

Always been a Chevy lover the one I have now I am

by Chevy man from Las Vegas on Wed Sep 13 2017

The vehicle is very reliable I have over 200,000 miles on it and it still runs great I would recommend to anybody to buy a Chevy also have a 2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ that I'm very pleased with it is great for going on vacation or an everyday driver

Plan to keep it for 10 more years.

by Tucker 63 from Phoenix, Arizona on Sun Jul 14 2019

I bought my 06 extra cab in 09 with 31,000 miles, it now has 155,000 and still runs perfectly without a single repair in those 10 years, just regular maintenance items, 1 brake job, a couple of batteries and sets of tires etc.... I've never even had the AC charged and it's still ice cold, and I live in Phoenix so it gets used a lot. I can't get rid of such a reliable truck so instead of trading it in I just spent 2K getting it detailed, all the hoses, belt, plugs and wires, shocks, door speakers etc... and see if I can go for another 10 years. One of our Chevy shop trucks has 345,000 on it (same 5.3 as mine) and it still runs great so it seems like a good gamble, time will tell. Would recommend for sure.

Great truck

by Josh from Yukon OK on Wed Apr 05 2017

One of the best trucks i've seen been happy so far bought back in june of 2016 basic maintenance done cold air stopped working easy quick $5 fix

Uses car for Towing

Great truck!

by bwade from Edmonton, Alberta,Canada on Sat Jul 14 2018

Was a very dependable vehicle until it reached 150 km.I do my oil changes, Transmission,Front diff,Rear diff etc.I also put an air raid intake an a Magna flow exhaust package on it including a throddle body spacer.Shortly after buying in 08.Then I purchased a tuner and changed the gear ratios etc.This truck was putting out around 425 HP.Out of a 5.3 327c.u.i Chevy Vortec.My Brother called it the Ferrari truck due to its power.That being said,I have replaced the transmission at 156,000 km.Transmissions are weak on this model.Aswell as other things such as blower motor,Master cylinder,Brakes etc.Still running just cost alot to keep it that way.P.s do not do what I did and put the extra stuff into it.They are powerful enough and you will only do more damage.Not a Ferrari!

Engine oil pump went bad, engine blew

by Sautee B from sautee, Ga on Sun Mar 10 2019

2006 Silverado crew cab Lt z71 4x4, engine blew, put a performance up graded engine, went from 290 hp to 385 plus hp and torque went to 390 plus, it's my work horse

Very good vehicle! Love it and very satisfied!

by ChevyManRob420 from West Salem Ohio on Wed Apr 10 2019

Great power and traction. Very roomy and a really good work truck. Almost want to not work it and baby it. But to tuff to leave on the sidelines! I will definitely be buying another one , or 2. Maybe 3 or 4 as nice as this one has been. Do need to get the evap canister fixed. Can't pump gas very fast or it kicks off the gas pump! Guess it has a few recalls. But well worth the money! Well worth it!

I love driving this truck!

by kazrt from Rochester, MN on Thu Oct 19 2017

This truck was great for winter. I never had an issue getting around in bad weather. This truck is also very reliable, never had any issues.

Very reliable

by kev from Spartanburg, SC on Wed Jul 11 2018

Very dependable and reliable. Love the look and feel even better later models. I've driven plenty of miles on the highway and have had some good fun off road. Has been a good year for me.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7