2008 Silverado 1500

4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

This Chevrolet Saved My Familys Life

by TxMom from Texas on September 28, 2012

I have loved our truck without a doubt for many years, always dependable and reliable. I am definately a chevy person to begin with, but recently my family and I were in a pretty horrific wreck. Both of my children were in the car, my husband and myself. We were hit from the side, the woman in a full size toyota hit us going around 40. It was enough of an impact to make us do a 180, and go 300 feet from where we initially were when we were hit. Had that truck not held up so well in the accident my son and I would of either ended up in the hospital or worse. We all luckily were able to walk away from the accident without more than just a sore neck. I will never buy another vehicle, I am stuck on my silverado for life!

WT 2WD

by go fish now from Vancouver, WA on April 24, 2011

Have 40K on truck now. Been to Alaska and back, even the Yukon in March on the Alcan. Did install Eaton posi-traction rear end, which is darn near as good as "4WD". Put 700# of gravel in back and never got stuck. Got as HI as 23 MPG with Wyoming non-ethanol gas.....makes me wonder why I only get 20 MPG with ethanol gas at BEST! TRUE STORY! Must have been Cheney! General Ameritrac tires not vey good....drove to the limit at 35K and replaced.

great truck for the $

by steelhead on the fly from on November 19, 2008

2008 2wd WT 4.3 engine 3.25 rear. Bought a basic truck and am very happy with purchase. Truck gets 18mpg in town and @ 20 mpg on hwy....I don't have a heavy foot. Put seat covers on, as i fish a lot and wanted to protect seats, but lint was a factor b4 the seat covers. Tranny shifts smooth once warm, but can delay on corners. Have Leer canopy which looks great, but increased wind noise and did 0 for mileage. Had to put mudflaps on as it kicks up a lot of dirt on side. Used Huskey custom flaps which fit perfectly but cost $70. Truck handles GREAT and is the best of 7 trucks I have owned.

08 Silverado W/T Longbed

by Jim from Ohio on November 9, 2008

Bought the cheapest model around- no a/c - no options at all. What a great truck. Comfort- ride excellent. V6 is adequate- pulls about 15 mpg city...maybe 20mpg on freeway. Plenty of power. I traded an 05 W/T for this- and am happy. Cloth seats wipe clean easily, rubber mats clean easily (I am an HVAC mechanic) 2 complaints- head hits headliner upon entry (I'm 6'2") and door locks hard to reach once inside.

Chevy Silverado

by Tough Guy from Ohio on November 7, 2011

Great vehicle. I will keep this one until it dies. It has everything I want and need. Awesome power and durability. Not just a driveway truck.

Uses car for Towing

Knew What I Wanted

by Keeps a truck from West Monroe, LA on September 20, 2011

I finally decided to replace my 1997 GMC 4WD so I began by looking at Cars.com. There were not many GMC or Chevrolets available in the model I wanted. Cars.com helped me find exactly what I wanted (well, second choice on color) and I traveled 300 miles to purchase it. I've only had it a few months but love the truck! Only found one negative so far - the paint on the side trim on the doors hasn't held up well. It's not just my truck; I've looked at others and it appears to be a factory issue. Not enough of an issue to keep me from purchasing though.

Second Chevy Silverado - great trucks!

by Swede from Missoula, Montana on January 23, 2012

This truck drives and handles like a dream. Both the interior and exterior are beautifully designed. The options of the Z71 package are excellent - I love the heated black leather seats. Also, ONStar and XM radio being embedded in the vehicle is just great. The 4X4 option worked great in our last huge blizzard - I had to go down to 4-low and it operated seamlessly. Everything about it fits my wishes and wants. I love the side mirrors with the directional blinkers on them!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Excellent Truck.

by Johnny G from Santa Fe,TX on September 1, 2011

Owned this Truck since 20k Miles on it, Crew Cab V8 4.8L and I am very satisfied with this truck, No problems with it at all, All the features are sensibly placed. I do like to go fast so I am generally satisfied with the performance but could use a little more acceleration, its still a truck and for a truck this is perfect for anyone who knows how to park trucks. As for mileage it could be better on the highway even with cruse control.

Good Truck that could be a little better

by Nomore76 from Bakersfield, CA on June 24, 2010

My 2008 Silverado rides well and is relatively quiet. The engine has good power and gets decent mileage for a full size truck, the cylinder deactivation certainly helps, as the truck consistantly gets mpg in the mid-twenties at a stady 55 mph. The A/C is powerful and cold. Two complaints: The doors rattle because of the extended cab design (no b-pilar), just a big open hole and the rear door latch is required to hold the front door closed. I'm sure the double cab would be more solid and quiet. The other thing is the center storage bin is just a big bin with no trays or compartments, not very useful. Overall, I like the truck and would consider another one, but probably the double cab version.

Car.com Is A Big Help!!!

by rangel from madera, ca on June 6, 2011

Searched for my Truck. Found the Year,model,and color fast and easy.....Cars.com is great help..... Thank You!!!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9