2009 Silverado 1500

4.2 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.2 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.2 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

Love this 2009 Chevy 1500 Silverado LTZ!

by Ford Convert from Greensboro, NC on December 12, 2011

I have been a Ford pickup man for 31 years and this is my first Chevy pickup. I drove a 2009 F-150 Lariat (interior seemed cheap) and a Dodge 1500 Laramie (already had interior rattles) before choosing the Chevy 1500 Silverado crew cab 4x4 LTZ. The Chevy was much better in driving comfort, handling, body quality and interior quality. The 20" wheels with the performance suspension handles very nicely. And I get 17.5-18 mpg driving around town (city/highway) and up to 21 mpg on the highway (the bed cover and K&N air filter help). Not bad for a big pickup! I am over 6'2" tall and the seats fit me quite comfortably. The only fault I can find is that the leather around the front seats have an exposed edge were it meets the pocket in the back (looks a little tacky, but not too noticable). Overall, I really love this truck! It is solid and so far I have had absolutely no problems.

Smooth strong and Silverado

by Half-ton Trucker from Lakeland FL on August 24, 2011

Bought a 2009 CPO Silverado LS in April. It had only been in service (based on Carfax report) for 12 mos. at time of my purchase. Got a great trade for my Ranger Supercab XL. The 4.8 Gen 4 motor is smooth and strong; nary a hiccup. Trans is an auto 4 speed, but very smooth and always predictable. Interior controls are the best in the biz. Other excellent prospects to try in that price range are Ram 1500 4.7 models. Priced very attractively in the Southeast.

Great Truck

by Truck Owner from Florida on February 7, 2010

LT Crew Cab. Extremely powerful and comfortable. Very smooth 6-speed transmission. Great looking truck, much better than the competition. Don't miss this one

1st 4x4 I have owned

by george from Saskatoon, SK on January 19, 2011

Has great line of sight, not bad power (has 4.8) is quiet and handles well in these prairie winters. mileage is good if i am not speedy but he interior is lacking and the offset steering wheel makes my shoulder sore on long trips. A higher up front end would make servicing better. wish i could order a 6 speed auto with the 4.8.

Silverado

by MacgiveRuss from Garnet Valley, PA on February 20, 2012

The truck is a classic Chevy pickup. quality, solid, quiet, power, roomy. I love it. Wish it got a little better on gas - getting 15-18 mpg.

Great tow vehicle

by pdew from Lemont, Il on December 26, 2012

I replaced a Chevy Colorado with this Silverado. Gas milage was less but the towing performance was much better I got a great deal on it. It has a lot more room, rides smoother, and pulls my boat much better. I have the extended cab which gives me much more interior room.

Uses car for Towing

Get the right combination

by Charlie from Newark,OH on February 26, 2011

I bought a z71 w/ a trailer package and found that the towing is so much easier. The only problem I found was that gas mileage suffered, I went from 21 hyw in the one w/out to 17 w/ trailer tow package. If I stayed @55 Hyw I got it up to 19. Anyone thinking they can get both need to think about why there is a trans. cooler, and what they are really doing with it. Buying it just for snow/family hauling should make sure they stay away from the Tow package and the 4.8/4.3 is all they need anyways.

Nice Truck-Bad Gas Mileage

by WI Nurse from Wisconsin on February 26, 2010

We purchased our Silverado Crew Cab LT 4x4 pickup in August. We have not had any problems with it and it is a very nice truck. The Cab is very quiet with a good sound system. The only complaint that we have is that the gas mileage is not what it is reviewed to be. Combined city/hwy. we have been getting an average of 12.5mpg! Hope the gas prices stay low!

My first pickup truck

by JPrunty94 from Cambridge Springs, PA on December 27, 2015

I bought this truck used in June of 2015 with 52K miles on it. My truck is a black extended cab 5.3L V8 with a 4 speed transmission Z71, and 6.5' bed. this is my first pickup truck, prior to this I drove a 98 S10 Blazer, so far I can say that I will probably always be a Chevy guy, my grandfather and dad have owned many Chevys over the years, they are reliable quality built vehicles. But the truck rides smoothly, it can get a little rough sometimes being I live on a dirt road, I also live in the snow belt and can say that the traction control and four wheel drive both work well. I would not change much on this truck, as I get around 21 MPG average, but the things I would change are available options (such as rear sliding window). I have a small evap leak currently, but I have full confidence in this truck and feel safe and comfortable when driving it, I think that I would only consider trading for a newer Silverado, I am most satisfied with this truck.

Good deal, bad truck

by Southern Pride from Arkansas on July 25, 2011

The only great mention for this truck is the incredible deal I got for it. The 4.8L 4-speed is gutless. Ford's 4.6L has more torque and doesn't struggle near as much on hills or while towing as my 4.8L does. The transmission shift points are funny to say the least. The transmission feels loose, as when going from a rolling stop it feels that transmission slaps the torque onto the rear-end instead of being smooth. Gas mileage is a joke, barely 19mpg on highway. The interior feels cheap. The interior paint is rubbing off of the steering wheel and driver side door. The seats are hard and unsupporting. The ride quality is good, comfortable. This is my first and last Chevy truck I'll ever buy.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7