2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 consumer reviews

$27,195–$31,435 MSRP range
side view of 2016 Silverado 1500 Chevrolet
Explore the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Shop the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

The best truck you can afford

Has all I need for the price I could afford , all the latest technology , comfort and power. It’s also the safest car I’ve ever own, specially while taking kid for long range fishing trips

4.1

Good truck and good power

Love the check Z71 front end and drives great Perfect for a lift package and comes with just enough power for a 1500. Would recommend to a friend.

Worth the Money

I drive pretty far everyday and this truck is awesome. It’s comfortable and I love security I feel when driving it. I feel safe and it’s easy to navigate because I can see just about everything.

4.1

The perfect truck for me

I loved the styling of this body style. I said if I wanted a truck, it needed to be 4 door, full size, and have a v8. This is everything AND some. Absolutely love the truck. GM has some loose ends though and it’s needed servicing already. Thankful for warranties

Great truck has everything I need in it

This truck has everything I wanted in it which made it perfect rides very nice both city and highway I’ll be able to get into a lot more outdoor activities that I’ve never been able to do owning a car I’ll never go back to a car again I’ve always dreamed of owning a truck I’m glad I found the right one for me! My only complaint with the truck is I get wind noise on my drivers side door when I get to 65 or above truck doesn’t leak or anything so I don’t know if that’s something I’ll have to deal with or if I can get it fixed other than that great truck it was hard choosing between ford and chevy it’s safe to say I made the right call!

4.3

New used

I just bought it 1 hr ago so not much to say at this moment. I wasnt expecting to buy a vehicle today was just expecting to go window shopping.

Good basic truck

My truck was a lease return with lower miles. I am very happy with the whole package of power, towing, comfort and styling. My minor quibble is the console does not have a display map or the capability to tie my phone map to it (it has the turn by turn OnStar) Some of the 2016's had it, and they changed it to all vehicles in 2017. Something to ask about if you get an older vehicle; saved me money,though.

1.9

A money pit...

After spending money and money on the fixes, I will not recommend it. First the whole truck you can barely touch it, and it gets dented. After two years of owning it, paint and clear are coming off; this was a brand new truck when I got it. The AC condenser out, after $1800 to fix not cover under warranty, problem with Increased Brake Pedal Effort $$. The problem with the headlight hardness $$, the new issue is with the transmission $$$, and it is going to be in the shop for a solid week. I call Chevrolet open a complaint, and nothing got resolve I just waiting to fix the final problem and get ready of this garbage before it becomes worse.

So far I love it.

So far I absolutely love it. Forgot how much I missed driving a pickup truck. So happy to be able to haul my horses again. I do miss my heated seats and remote start but small sacrifice.

2.3

Very expensive truck and poor performance

Bad choice! Transmission problems and engine lights come on with trouble with start components reading, not easy to get it fix dealer has no knowledge on how to fix this ready code, new transmission after a year of purchase and still have problems