2014 Chevrolet Sonic consumer reviews

side view of 2014 Sonic Chevrolet
Explore the 2014 Chevrolet Sonic
Shop the 2014 Chevrolet Sonic

Very nice

It is a very nice car. I have only had it a week, but seems to run well, and has nice interior, and lots of trunk space for a smaller car

2.7

Never again will I buy a Chev Sonic

I bought a 2014 Sonic in June 2018, with 39,000km it now has 47,000km. 6 months of purchasing car the transmission gave out! I had the car towed into the car dealership yesterday so tomorrow being Monday their service dept will open and I’m waiting to hear what they have to say. I believe it’s still under warranty but that’s not the point the point is i babies that car never drove it hard and the transmission goes???? Yea not impressed whatsoever be the last one I purchase!!

2.9

Very disapointed wit this car

Im owner of 2014 Chevy Sonic,because I owned Chevy Cavalier and drove it for over 10y without ANY repair I choose to get Chevy once again,this time Sonic,since Cavalier is discontinued.What a BIG mistake to get this car.10mo after the purchase (brand new) all the problems started,alternator belts were the first to go,next transmission problem,next water pump,radiator and blown head gasket,muffler part was next and yesterday termostat,coolant tank anf fan all at the same time,most of the repairst were under warranty but my latest repairs cost me so far $1ooo. Im sick and tired of this car,would never buy American car,especially Chevy ever again. Now Im worried whats next.

1.6

Worst car I've ever had

This car has had more problems than I can count. I've never had a vehicle with so many problems. Save your money. Do not buy

4.1

A couple recalls and small issues overall good car

2014 Sonic LT. Check engine light went on now twice for same thing 02 sensor light first time crack in hose connected to air filter, now I have to take in again (Sensor on recall). My driver window does not go up unless I play with it. My visor mirror just fell off. Still a good car resell value terrible. Paid around 23,000 now worth 5-7 thousand. When I take in need to ask why my alarm keeps sounding off. Battery may being going dead on remote. Where the locks go up and down a plastic piece fell off. What I can?t stand is having to leave my car to be repaired for a recall and not having my car for two days and now have to go back for the exact same recall. Still reliable car overall.

2.4

lots of expensive repairs for a car with 33,000 mi

Worried about the continued issues i have had with bad seals, air conditioner going out and turbo replacement, not sure whats going to go out next ;(

4.0

Good on gas

Great traction control. This little sedan has good gas mileage. Picks up speed a little too good. Can't tell if you are speeding unless you pay attention to the speedometer. Interior design and color scheme is beautiful. Love the design of the headlights and the front of the car. The only downside about the car is that it's trade in value is low. All in all, it is a good first time buyer vehicle. I plan on giving this car to my daughter when she starts driving. Lots of air bags in this little 4 cylinder.

4.4

Comfortable and cute. I love my Sonic!

I saw this car online and knew it was smaller than other vehicles I have owned but I kept going back to it and I just had to test drive it. It was surprisingly comfortable. The test drive was 4 of us and we all felt like it was a roomy ride. I have the hatchback model so I feel like I may have a little extra storage in the back.

4.0

Gas sipper

Great looking and reliable transportation which is very good on gas. Did not like dash gauges at first but really do grow on you and love em now

Awesomeness

It's nice and it's a good started car for payment and building credit. Has good features I have everything I need in that vehicle. It has some power to it, it's nice.