2014 Chevrolet Sonic consumer reviews

Explore the 2014 Chevrolet Sonic
Shop the 2014 Chevrolet Sonic
4.3

starter car

Great starter car for my younger sibling in a few months and great commuter for myself currently while saving money. Great bang for your buck and reliable.

Love my 2015 Chevy Sonic

For a small car this thing really moves. The interior is sleek. And my 6 foot 4 inch husband has plenty of leg room in front seat. So far I love this car. And it only took 22.00 to fill it up from the quarter mark.

4.1

Love having a stick shift again

For the money it was a great car . the only thing i hate is there is no audio function for Bluetooth. How do you have Bluetooth calling but no way to switch audio for calling

3.9

Pretty good car

This car is amzing on gas and pretty good for the price. I would highly suggest this car for someone just getting started or a first time buyer.

The More I Drive, the More I Like It

I got the 5-speed manual version of this car, and it is just great. It's fun to drive, the clutch feels great, and I was actually surprised at how much it likes to go once you get going. It handles very well, and is extremely cfortable when driving - I especially like the armrest, it's way more comfortable than resting your arm on the console. I was looking for something standard, nothing special - and that's what I thought I got with this car. Turns out, I was dead wrong - I got a fun, sporty, but reliable car for incredible value.

It's sexy!!!

I Love this car, it's gorgeous on the inside and sexy on the outside! It has everything i could want in a car!! Review camera for backing up, turbo with a 4 cylinder to get tickets in, heated seats, remote start, amazing touch screen radio! What more could you want!?

2.3

Worst purchase of my life.

Biggest regret was buying this car. I bought it new and figured I?d have a good five years before starting to throw money away in repairs. Boy, was I wrong. I?ve had the car for four years and within the last two years I have had to throw away literally THOUSANDS to keep it running. Fuel pump, ignition coil, thermostat housing, spark plugs three times, mass air flow sensor four times, air intake twice, coolant housing and coil, not to mention right now it is throwing four emission codes and I?ve already spent $300 on diagnostics for that and they still haven?t found the problem. Normal wear and tear like breaks and shocks I get that but also the parts are so d**n expensive for such a bottom of the barrel car it?s going to cost at least $700 to have my struts and breaks done not even considering the shocks which also need replaced. A thermostat housing replacement...$400. Ignition coil...that?s $300. This year alone not counting payments I?ve spent $1700 just to keep the car running. You think you can get out of these cars? Nooooope. They hold no value till YEARS later. I owe $9000 and it?s kbb value is 2000 at a dealership. I also have a 2015 Dodge Journey and the parts are pennies compared to the sonic and my journey is fully loaded with touch screen and backup camera, remote start, the whole nine. I will never in my life buy another Chevy. The good news...it?s really good on gas.

Great car love it

Great car great mileage love the style the best car ever very easy to drive just can't say enough about my car it's great very cute car

4.0

Love it

I love my little Chevy Sonic it has done good by me for the last 3 years I would definitely buy another I love my OnStar

2.7

It?s ok

The car is comfortable for two ppl, any more than that it is too small. Driver seat with armrest is very comfortable but the cup holders are in an awkward position, as well as the traction button as I also hit it when trying to reach my coffee. Snorkel hose cracked at around 40000km and the computer at 61000, good thing I bought the extended warranty or computer would have been costly, especially since the warranty would have been up. I have the hatchback and the door hits the back where the taillights are, paint chips and rust just after a year of ownership, took forever to get it fixed by dealer and now it is doing it again so it is a design issue, ( not a you?re closing it too hard issue) Not really a fan of the vehicle, choose something else if you can