2014 Chevrolet Sonic consumer reviews

side view of 2014 Sonic Chevrolet
Explore the 2014 Chevrolet Sonic
Shop the 2014 Chevrolet Sonic
4.0

The price was within my budget

Very economical car lots of leg & headroom , great on gas , drives smoothly quiet no road noise storage

3.0

Average car

Nice car however a lot of issues such as sticking gear shift, cheaply made interior, and poor working AC only a few years into owning.

4.4

Great affordable, reliable car!!

This car rides smooth and the interior on most LTZ are close to looking/feeling like luxury cars. Great car for reliability, but definitely affordable. Rest assured that this is a car you can keep running for a decade or more which was my main goal in choosing a car to purchase!

4.4

Sporty enough for compact car at a good price

Pretty reliable. Would much enjoy the RS version. For the LT it is very sleek and sporty. Added options and accessories make it that much better.

The best I've owned.

I own a 2014 Chevy Sonic LT Hatchback and it is by far the best I've ever driven. The interior is very comfortable and well layed out. The steering is responsive and everything just generally feels good. The cabin is very spacious and roomy. I haven't had it long enough to experience anything with reliability (I've had it for 3 months) but so far so good. Love my Sonic!

Good Smaller Car

I purchased a used 2014 Sonic LT. I love the way it looks inside and out, the engine is small so you can't expect it to be very fast.. a little slow on the get-go but I'm overall very happy with it so far. The vehicle I owned before was an SUV and I'm so happy I made the switch.

2014 Sonic LT Premier Package

Plenty of room for a driver of just about any size. Nice interior design and functions. Engine looks well thought out. Not as good on gas as I'd like, but it's got plenty of zip (1.8L). All around, a fun car. Will have to see how reliability goes over the next few years; haven't had it long enough to determine.

Very nice comfortable small car, which feels roomy

Nice small roomy small car for my daughter, she loves it , seats are comfortable and plenty of room inside. Great buy

1.9

Chevrolet that says it all!!!

I try not to think about my Sonic but when it always in the shop. Not even 3 years old and have issues after issues. At the moment the moment in Tennessee it's in the 90s but I have no ac because of the thermostat is messed up have to get it replaced. Just junk......

Extremely safe and stylish little car!

Overall I think this car is incredible. The car looks great inside and out and the stereo system is not too shabby. The Bluetooth works like a charm and the touch screen is very responsive. The seats are so comfortable that it feels like the car is hugging you. If I had to say anything negative about the car I'd talk about the power and back seating. It is only a 4 cylinder so you can't expect 8 cylinder performance. So it doesn't have the 'get up and go' I'd like. HOWEVER, for what it is, it performs like a charm. I am really loving this little car. Now for the back seats. I don't drive too many people around, and when I do it's usually one person, so this isn't really an issue for me. What I'm talking about is how cramped the back seats are. There isn't really any leg room if the front seats are all the way back, and I have long legs so I can't bring the driver seat any farther up. So I would recommend this to someone who has a family and kids. Other then that I think this car is great. And parents this car would be great for your kids. The safety ratings for this car are outstanding. So all in all I would definitely recommend this car if you're looking for something small, safe, and rather stylish.