2015 Chevrolet Suburban consumer reviews

side view of 2015 Suburban Chevrolet
Explore the 2015 Suburban Chevrolet
Shop the 2015 Suburban Chevrolet

Room for everything - comfort - reliability

Purchased this used from a dealer - one previous owner. Vehicle was well kept, has proven to be reliable with surprisingly good highway mileage. The entertainment package silences children more effectively than a nun's shhh in church. There is ample space for people and/or cargo. The tow capacity will come in handy next.

most reliable car i have owned

my 2015 chevy suburban meet my need did,n gave any problem,it plenty of legroom in the front and back I’m so satisfied with my car

Biggest and most beautiful suv ever

Love it I would totally recommend to my friends and I hope I get to drive it for a very long time ! I look forward to it

2.9

Drives Great, but frustrating issues

Purchased new in 2015. Drives great, but paint on hood and roof started failing a year ago. Headlight assembly moisture issue. Beware if buying used.

4.1

A/C issues

Fixed the AC compressor 2 years ago and have been having issues again. I spent 1200 on the compressor then. Now 2 months ago I had to replace the Schrader valve ($250). Now issues again and they can't figure it out. Seems like a common issue now that I look it up. My vehicle currently has 53k miles Another issue is the middle row TV stopped working like 2 years ago. Not sure why.

Perfect for big family or UBer or Lyft driver.

This car met all of my needs. It has plenty of legroom in the front and back, the ride is great compare to other SUB.

Spacious and reliable vehicle

This vehicle provides a family with lots of room and comfort. With having five kids we needed a bigger vehicle that’s had trunk space and this vehicle provided these things plus leather that keeps clean and a dvd system for entertainment on trips! Definitely will own another one! If you are looking for a family vehicle that gets good gas mileage this is your best option!

Awesome Family Car

This is a family truck..lots of space for 3 kids and 4 adults. Kids love watching movie as we travel.we love our truck..we gave it a family name lol..great truck for family

Best Suburban yet

This is my third consecutive Suburban. My first was a 2001 Z71 which I purchased used in 2005 and kept until 2018. If it weren't for the ravages of road salt, I would still own that vehicle and it still ran perfectly when we sold it, it was just getting rusty. The second Suburban was a clean South Carolina 2014 LTZ. We assumed that this vehicle was a step forward but as we discovered, this vehicle was somewhat of a step backward from the 2001. The quality control on some interior parts was sub par, particularly the plastics and the dash boards all crack and GM won't pay to fix them. The last factory GPS update was 2016 and there are no plans for a newer disc. Also, the 5.3 liter engine in the 2010-2014 models is coming under a class action lawsuit soon for numerous oil consumption problems. This vehicle and a friends using the same engine, were, and still are, consuming oil. The engine and transmission together were very sluggish on acceleration as well. I would not recommend the 2007-2014 Suburban, particularly not a 2010-2014. Enter the restyled 2015 Suburban with the new Gen V 5.3 liter engine. We bought ours used a few months ago and traded the 2014 after owning it for only 15 months. Having owned three Suburbans now, I can tell you GM did a heck of a job on designing this vehicle. The quality control is certainly equal to the high end luxury cars and the interior styling is beautiful. The hearty paint feels a half inch thick. Ours is a 2015 LTZ 4WD with a black exterior and a two tone tan and brown interior with the factory wood grain trim, absolutely gorgeous. The LTZ has an easy to view 8 inch video screen and the GPS is currently updated to 2019 by GM. The ride is amazingly comfortable for any vehicle let alone a 4WD truck, even better than the 2014 2WD we owned. The Gen V 5.3 liter engine is all new and does not have the oil consumption problems of the Gen IV previously used. It also has a considerable increase in horsepower and torque and is considerably faster on acceleration and shifting. If that wasn't enough, it also gets about 2 MPG more than the Gen IV in the same vehicle. I average 18.3 in the city driving to work, that is an unheard of number from a full size SUV. So, if you are considering a Suburban, Yukon or Escalade, and you can afford to do so, I would suggest you only consider the 2015 and up model years based on my experience in owning the past three generations of them. I only paid $500 more for our top of the line, fully loaded 2015 LTZ 4WD with less miles than I did for our pretty similarly equipped 2014 LTZ 2WD. The vehicle had a few minor issues when we purchased it and the dealer repaired them at no charge to us, they did very good in our book

Excellent vehicle

The Chevrolet Suburban is an awesome vehicle that is perfect for my family. We would not really consider any other vehicle for our use in the future.