2011 Tahoe

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe

4.4

Have you driven the 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe?

Tahoe the beast

by Jake007 from Orlando, FL on Thu Mar 22 2012

This is my second Tahoe. These car/trucks are awesome! They drive and track perfectly straight, smooth premium ride, haul like a truck, tow like a truck, haul the soccer team, and anything inbetween. The bose sound is perfect, nav is good, interior quality excellent and comfortable. Lots of extras and technology. My previous Tahoe was 2002 and with 10 yrs /130K miles it still ran perfect. I tow a boat once per month with mine and general run around town with a couple long vacation drives per year. I currently own 4 vehicles and have owned dozens over my life. This vehicle has been one of the best. Stop reading.... go buy one and join the club.... Value: OK... so now the negative. My only negative is value. These cars/trucks still seem was overpriced to me... but if you need one... you need one. One other thing, they should upgrade the standard rims at this price. Repairs: my last Tahoe had almost no major repairs to speak of.

Simple and Efficient Towing

by VikingEric from Appleton, WI on Mon Nov 07 2011

We recently purchased a Chevy Tahoe after six satisfied years with our Trailblazer. A new larger camper required a little more towing power. The Tahoe has met our expectations and allowed our family to enjoy more camping trips to further destinations. The kids love the new features and additional room to invite friends along, while mom and dad love the safety ratings, performance and visibility. So far so good, looking forward to smany great years with this vehicle.

Chevy Tahoe Z71

by Z71Man from Wesley Chapel, FL on Wed Dec 12 2012

Really like the options on this model. Has everything you could want, Navigation, DVD Entertainment, and Backup camera. It is nice for a larger person as I am 6'3" tall and enjoy the space over a mid-size car or crossover. Was able to get 22.1 avg MPG on highway driving which is amazing for this size of vehicle. Colder weather will impact the MPG but use cruise as much as you can and drive the speed limit and it works. Great ride and quiet for a truck with comfortable seats. My wife prefers this over my Caddy DTS because it sits higher and she enjoys the view. No mechanical issues after 20 months, just regular maintenance.

Good SUV-but lack of cargo space is a problem

by Frosty from Minnesota on Wed Jan 20 2016

I always loved the look of the Tahoe. They are bigger, but have a nice sleek appearance to them. I have 3 small children, and getting the 2nd row captain's chairs were a must for easy access to the 3rd row. Lots of leg room for everyone, and having the DVD system was great for longer trips. I have had it for about 35,000 miles, and with regular oil changes, have had very little issues besides a ball bearing going out. Tow package and power were great, and I love being higher up. Here is my big negative with the Tahoe-lack of cargo space. With all three rows in, there is room for about one row of groceries in the back. Fitting suitcases, strollers, or anything else behind the third row is a MAJOR issue. If you need to carry lots of cargo, the Suburban is probably a better bet. Overall, I have really enjoyed the Tahoe, but the lack of space has forced me to look elsewhere to better fit our needs.

Love this truck!

by Teacher Mom from Michigan on Wed May 28 2014

I had wanted to get a bigger vehicle and get back to having 4 wheel drive due to the winters in Michigan. I traded in my Traverse for this vehicle. I love the size and feel of this vehicle! I am a smaller person so being higher up and in a larger vehicle makes me feel more safe as well as my family will be more safe. I will feel more comfortable this winter driving knowing that I have the option of the 4 wheel drive so that I won't get stuck in my driveway this winter. The only negative is that I wished that the third row seats folded flat like they do in the Traverse and the Trailblazer. It takes away some of the cargo space.

solid heavyweight

by Back in Black 2011 Z21 from Nebrasja on Fri Oct 04 2013

Sold my 99 Tahoe because I needed 4 doors and more seating. The 2011 feels heavier, it is a bit larger, and slower than the 1999 model. There's no basic model to the Tahoe, they all have more options than we need. Pluses- comfortable ride, all those extra features are great as long as they keep working. Mine has the second row bucket seats, makes for easy access. Third row seats are heavy, while they are removable, it's not easy. Minimal space behind the 3rd seat- if you need the space, get a Suburban.

Love at first sight

by RticBlue from Austin, TX on Sun Jul 08 2018

Plenty of room, love the option of the removable third row seating. Mine has an automatic tail gate, which is such a helpful feature. Some small weird things have happened with the vehicle so far, but nothing too major. It's been my favorite vehicle I've owned to date and PERFECT for road trips or long distance traveling. There's a reason why SOOO many of these are on the road.

Chevy Tough

by GreatWhite from Grand Rapids, Mi on Sat Mar 11 2017

Even after 6 years it still looks, drives, and feels like new! The 5.3 V8 is 1 of the toughest, longest lasting engines made!

Best vehicle available

by Fritobandito from on Sun Mar 19 2017

I had this truck for over 5 years. My wife wanted to try something different (Ford) and hers was 4 years newer and my Chevy Tahoe was more comfortable and easier to drive. I never had any issues with it other than normal wear and tear. I will always drive these!

Have Owned for 3 years

by Tahoe11 on Fri Aug 11 2017

Rides smooth. You will not get stuck in the snow. Basic upkeep so far. Transmission average, doesn't know when to shift from overdrive to slower gears. Lots of space, good storage inside. You are one of the big boys on the road. Acceleration average, but cruises down the road fine. Good AC. Stereo so so. Heavy car, you need to know how to handle it. Would buy it again.

1 2 3 4 5