2018 Volt

2018 Chevrolet Volt

2018 Chevrolet Volt

Have You Driven the 2018 Chevrolet Volt?

Great car engineered with efficiency in mind

by Blueflame from Vista, CA on Thu Nov 16 2017

This is a great product of thoughtful engineering with a lot of painstaking detail becoming evident when I started driving it. The electric powertrain is butter smooth and the different modes of driving make it a fun vehicle to drive. 53 miles on battery is more than enough for regular commute and still has the gas generator to give the extra 300 miles for long trips. I had to compromise on not having the moonroof and power seats and ambient lighting on the interior which has been taken out to conserve battery life - a reasonable compromise since fuel efficiency is very important for me. The really spacious hatchback trunk is a definite plus and we love that extra space. Excellent road handling and just right ground clearance to reduce air resistance and yet not scrape the undercarriage while going over bumps. Love the dual tone leather interior - makes the interior appear bigger and sporty. One chip in the armor is rather long charging time - almost 13 hours on a regular 110V. I had to get a 240V EV charger to reduce it down to about 4. Very pleased with this vehicle and a great game changing product in the PHEV class from Chevvy.

Most Advanced Car I've Owned

by FredG from Baltimore, MD on Fri Feb 02 2018

I am a self proclaimed "gearhead" who loves fast V8 cars, muscle cars, and fast European performance cars. I drive nearly 30,000 yearly and needed something with better fuel economy than my supercharged Jaguar. I was shocked with the performance of the Chevy Volt. It is surprisingly quick & responsive with no issues at all merging onto the highway. I am also averaging 97mpg! The leather seats are very comfortable with blue stitching. Chevorlet MyLink was very easy to setup and connects my phone to the car. Android Auto is also simple to use and makes the car truly hands free from you phone. I can speak to listen to certain artists, songs, or navigate to an address without touching the screen or my phone.

My Third Volt

by Kenb from St. Clair Shores, MI on Tue Nov 14 2017

This is the third Volt I've owned. The first two were leases, but they were so reliable that I decided to purchase this one. I love driving an electric car, and I love the fact that the Volt has an onboard backup generator that allows me to drive as far as I want. We just took our old one to Chattanooga for a weekend. That's a 1300 mile round trip. But most days I am able to drive around town without using any gasoline. The Volt gives me the best of both worlds.

Most satisfying car I have owned

by snaveyrag from Grand Rapids, Michigan on Sat Nov 04 2017

Style, color, interior - this Volt is exactly the car I was looking for. Economy is great, performance is exciting, ride is smooth, and quietness is superb.

Great Commuting Vehicle

by drako on Wed Apr 25 2018

This is an excellent reliable vehicle that has not given me any issues during ownership. It blends into all vehicles within the same segment and still remains the best plugin hybrid with an all electric mode even with spirited driving.

Mostly good

by DJ on Sat May 12 2018

Only a few things to improve... there should be home link and power seats standard on all models. Also the regen button on the steering wheel should have a more linear/smooth deceleration as I will at times surprise me at how hard it brakes. Perhaps a variable button that brakes faster as you press harder on the button. Even a 2 stage button would suffice.

Comfortable, reliable, stylish.

by Dave from San Jose on Wed Mar 07 2018

The best car I’ve ever had, saved on fuel which is more expensive now; with 2 people in the Volt, with full tank of gas and with a lot of uphills, I refilled up the gas tank with only 4 gallons after exactly 200 miles driving.

Leaving the gas station behind

by Volt77 on Tue May 29 2018

The volt has great styling inside and out and it saves me from going to the gas station every week as my daily commute is all electric miles.

The most fun yet practical car I've owned

by murph from Massena, NY on Sun Jul 15 2018

I've owned my 2018 Volt for about 6 months now and have around 5000 miles on it but in that time I truly have grown to love this car; it is very practical and so much fun to drive. My daily commute is around 40 miles so I don't need gas unless I take a long trip which has resulted in a lifetime MPG of 195 mpg thus far. We have low electrical rates where I live so with current gas prices ($3.05/gal) my operating costs is 1/10th of my other midsized car. Range is affected by temperature so in cold weather (i.e., less than 15F) the engine will turn on for heat but I've read in the up coming 2019 model has been reduced to a temp below zero. My vehicle is an LT but I do have heated seats and steering wheel and on the coldest days my predicted range has been as low as 38 miles but in the spring and summer months I'm getting as much as 60 miles range with my record actual electric range so far being 64 miles. Acceleration off the line is excellent which is great for city driving. There are not many cars on the road that are quicker than this one from 0-35 mph so starting at a light you will be able to put yourself in front of traffic to be able to change lanes if needed (very handy and fun feature.) The front seats are spacious and fairly comfortable but the leather seat bottoms are more comfortable than the cloth. Arm rests are wide and very nice for a small car and the back seats also have a wide center arm rest as well. The back seats are okay but leg room is limited and head room is low for taller folks. The Mylink touch screen and entertainment system is great and I use the available Apple Carplay daily for phone, news, navigation, hands free texting and Pandora. The hatchback is pretty practical if you need to move larger items but you will need to put the rear seats down because the cargo area is small. The suspension is well tuned so the ride is smooth, quiet and comfortable even over potholes. The battery placement gives the car a low center of balance making the car corner very effectively at low speeds at least. Ground clearance is low which likely was done for fuel efficiency but living in rural areas where roads can be a little rough means you will need to be careful where you are driving so you won't bottom out, I wish there was a few more inches of clearance. There is no spare just a air compressor and 'fix a flat' kit; IMO run flat rated tires would make me feel more comfortable because where I live in Northern NY means you might not be able to get the GM provided 'Road Side Service' in a reasonable amount of time which can be dangerous in the winter months so I probably will start putting a spare in the back just in case. Overall, this is such a great car I absolutely love it. When I see other people driving with Volts I find that we usually wave at each other because the car is a rarity where I live which doesn't make any sense to me because there are many Prius driving around and this car is far superior in many ways. Do yourself a favor and try a 2018 Volt out, it really is a great car.

Nice not buying gas around town

by Bob67 from Valdosta ga on Tue May 15 2018

Car had been great so far performance is as expected. I love not buying gas for weeks at a time. Exterior looks so much better than the new Prius

1 2 3 4