2018 Chevrolet Volt

All Reviews

by from Grand Rapids, Michigan on November 4, 2017

Style, color, interior - this Volt is exactly the car I was looking for. Economy is great, performance is exciting, ride is smooth, and quietness is superb.

by from Baltimore, MD on February 2, 2018

I am a self proclaimed "gearhead" who loves fast V8 cars, muscle cars, and fast European performance cars. I drive nearly 30,000 yearly and needed something with better fuel economy than my supercharged Jaguar. I was shocked with the performance of the Chevy Volt. It is surprisingly quick & responsive with no issues at all merging onto the highway. I am also averaging 97mpg! The leather seats are very comfortable with blue stitching. Chevorlet MyLink was very easy to setup and connects my phone to the car. Android Auto is also simple to use and makes the car truly hands free from you phone. I can speak to listen to certain artists, songs, or navigate to an address without touching the screen or my phone.

by from Vista, CA on November 16, 2017

This is a great product of thoughtful engineering with a lot of painstaking detail becoming evident when I started driving it. The electric powertrain is butter smooth and the different modes of driving make it a fun vehicle to drive. 53 miles on battery is more than enough for regular commute and still has the gas generator to give the extra 300 miles for long trips. I had to compromise on not having the moonroof and power seats and ambient lighting on the interior which has been taken out to conserve battery life - a reasonable compromise since fuel efficiency is very important for me. The really spacious hatchback trunk is a definite plus and we love that extra space. Excellent road handling and just right ground clearance to reduce air resistance and yet not scrape the undercarriage while going over bumps. Love the dual tone leather interior - makes the interior appear bigger and sporty. One chip in the armor is rather long charging time - almost 13 hours on a regular 110V. I had to get a 240V EV charger to reduce it down to about 4. Very pleased with this vehicle and a great game changing product in the PHEV class from Chevvy.

by from St. Clair Shores, MI on November 14, 2017

This is the third Volt I've owned. The first two were leases, but they were so reliable that I decided to purchase this one. I love driving an electric car, and I love the fact that the Volt has an onboard backup generator that allows me to drive as far as I want. We just took our old one to Chattanooga for a weekend. That's a 1300 mile round trip. But most days I am able to drive around town without using any gasoline. The Volt gives me the best of both worlds.

by from Ontario, Canada on September 19, 2017

Bought it for its EV drivetrain, but as a previous 12-year Prius owner, I am impressed by its looks, in and out, as well as its acceleration and handling. Turns out you don't need an ugly, slow car if you want a hybrid. The lack of range anxiety is a major plus.

by from Culver City on August 13, 2017

Loved how it handled on the road, It was fun to drive and I could probably drive electric 95% of the time
Not Rated Reliability

by from San Jose on March 7, 2018

The best car I’ve ever had, saved on fuel which is more expensive now; with 2 people in the Volt, with full tank of gas and with a lot of uphills, I refilled up the gas tank with only 4 gallons after exactly 200 miles driving.

by from Glen Head, NY on March 25, 2018

Good handling. Very responsive. A perfect car for local shopping. In 300 miles of driving, I have used only 2 gallons of gasoline just to make sure the gas engine was working.

by from Sanford, Florida on January 3, 2018

I liked my first hybrid vehicle a lot but wanted the care to operate more on electric range so I checked out the Volt. The Volt exceeded all my expectations. The performance, comfort and handling far exceeded my expectations.

by from Portland on January 3, 2018

Why don’t more people drive these? The new Chevy Volt is one of the most innovative hybrids on the market- looks good, reliable AND fun to drive! Great Value! 5 star safety!