2018 EcoSport

2018 Ford EcoSport

2018 Ford EcoSport

4.5

Have You Driven the 2018 Ford EcoSport?

Love My Ecosport

by Sherrie from Winchester, Tn. on Tue Oct 09 2018

Love this car so far. Not a lot of room in the trunk but I don't need a lot. I do worry a little that there is no spare tire. Did not know this till I saw a YouTube video. Dealer did not mention. Saw a lot of reviews that weren't great but a lot of them dealt with the room in the car also how fast it would go. I did get the bigger motor and it seems fine to me. I recently decided I'd like to have an SUV but not a large vehicle. This one is perfect. Love the fact that you can raise the seats as It's a problem to get out of a low car. Traded in a Fusion, which I also loved but after owning three, decided I wanted something different.

So happy with my purchase!!

by crcj118 from Ridley Park, P.A. on Mon Jun 25 2018

The Ford EcoSport definitely meets all of my needs as a college students with 3 jobs. I am constantly on the move whether it’s driving to one of my jobs, school, extracurricular activities, the shore, etc. The EcoSport has plenty of room for me to pack and bring what I need for my car rides, and even has room for several passengers to come along with me. I am so happy with my purchase and absolutely love my Ford EcoSport!

Sporty car

by Julie J from Chicopee, MA on Sat May 05 2018

Excellent vehicle. Love all the features. Nice sized SUV. Would definitely recommend this vehicle to someone looking for a smaller SUV. Check out Balise Ford of Wilbraham for your next purchase.

A small yet comfortable SUV

by Applecrumb from Mt Pleasant Mills, Pa on Thu Jul 19 2018

I haven't had it very long, I like the gas mileage and room in the front, I was able to get a recliner in the back with the seats laying down. I am looking forward to see what this vehicle does in the winter.

Best vehicle features

by Foxy5170 from Oconomowoc. WI on Sat Nov 17 2018

Considering my husband and I didn't have the need for a large SUV to haul our camper any longer due to purchasing an F150 pickup, we still wanted the reliability of an AWD vehicle for our second car since we had a sportier car that needed new tires and was never going to be very safe in winter weather. I accidentally stumbled upon the Ford EcoSport Titanium when I was searching our local Ford dealer's website. It seemed to have every feature we were looking for and after driving it I was convinced. I was a bit let down to find out that it didn't have auto start but it only got better after we found out that by downloading the Ford app, we can start "Foxy" (the nickname I gave her) directly from our phones no matter where we are! I have yet to get into a cold car once since the weather turned cold!! The only thing I wish it had was a CD player. Yes, I'm old school and don't have music loaded on my phone and still listen to CD's. Another option that would be beneficial is having the right armrest/storage a little higher as it's a bit low to rest your arm comfortably. Otherwise, as a mom with grown children that used to have to have larger vehicles to transport multiple children, I LOVE this smaller option! I loved my Dodge Dart but I love my new Ecosport even more!

Needs some help

by RDH from Indianapolis on Sun Feb 10 2019

Problem with squeaky brake pedal, replaced brake booster still squeaky any solutions? Overall great handling , 2 liter engine has good power, titanium model so nicely equipped. Navigation works great nice screen readout.

Small worker.

by unit63x from Sparks, NV on Mon Jul 08 2019

Versatility in a smaller size was what I was looking for and the EcoSport fills the bill for me. I have the SES trim and I wouldn't suggest anything less. With all wheel drive and the larger engine, it gets around pretty well. One of the selling points was the 2000 lb towing capacity. With a light trailer, the EcoSport will suffice for any light but oversized loads. This is what put me off the Encore or CX3. The EcoSport also has a bit more ground clearance as well as sitting a little higher inside. Easier to get in and out. Yes it's not that good on milage... watching revs helps. As stated in some Pro reviews, adaptive cruise would be a good addition but I'm old school... Paying attention works almost as well. All in all, for me, it's fun, comfortable and can do a little work.

Buyer beware

by SavageKabage from Avon lake, Ohio on Fri Nov 29 2019

I bought a certified preowned ecosport with 39200 miles on it, at about 40500 miles the engine stopped working leaving me stranded. Dealership said its going to require a complete engine rebuild to repair. The acceleration is very slow, transmission is jerky, you feel every bump in the road, the interior is poorly designed, for example if you put a McDonald's cup in the cup holder it perfectly slides in while getting clipped by the emergency brake, ripping the lid off. Driving this thing I feel like I should be on a go cart track. Kinda strange to me that every other review on this site is 5 stars

Does not recommend this car!!

Most comfortable car I have owned.

by SonnieP from Cushing, OK on Mon Aug 13 2018

This car has met all of my needs. I like the comfort and the style of the car. I love having the navigation system. I like having a crossover and being higher up.

Love the moon roof,side mirrows, color, swing gate

by HAPPY,HAPPY from Mifflinburg, PA on Fri Jun 29 2018

Totally fell in LOVE as soon as I saw it, has more than I expected. Can't say enough about it. so far every one loves it, posted new ride on my face book.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20

Our Take on the 2018 Ford EcoSport

The verdict:

At long last, the new EcoSport gives U.S. shoppers a subcompact Ford SUV, but its many drawbacks leave us questioning whether it was worth the wait.

Versus the competition:

The EcoSport feels like a bona fide SUV, not a jacked-up hatchback like some of its rivals, and Ford offers a first-rate multimedia system to boot. But as drivability and utility annoyances add up, its appeal is fleeting.

Its recent stateside debut notwithstanding, the Ford EcoSport is no spring chicken. The 2018 model represents a substantial update but not a full redesign of the nameplate’s second generation, sold internationally since mid-2012. The first generation dates back to 2003, and Ford calls it “echo sport” — a pronunciation I suspect most U.S. shoppers will abandon in favor of “eeko sport,” which keeps with the more-recent “eeko-boost” marketing of Ford’s turbocharged gas engines (EcoBoost). That’s all but assured on the front-wheel-drive EcoSport, which has an EcoBoost three-cylinder engine. “Echo” stands no chance.

Optional all-wheel drive... Read More