NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2018 EcoSport

2018 Ford EcoSport

2018 Ford EcoSport

4.5

Have You Driven the 2018 Ford EcoSport?

So far it's had no issues

by Sweet from Rochester on Fri May 25 2018

Plenty of legroom and headroom in front and back for even my tall friends. Gas mileage has been right around 28 in town, I don't do much highway miles. Very comfortable seats. Love the electronic set up. Easy to get in and out of height for my hip issues

Ford ecosport- absolutely in love!

by Chaserysavy from MOOSE JAW, sk on Sun Jun 17 2018

As someone who's never owned a new car, I havent really experienced being so excited to have a car- all I want to do is drive it! The car is cool, practical and user friendly. The bluetooth makes listening to music as easy as just getting inside and starting the engine. I absolutely love this car and everything about it!

EcoSport Fan

by TerreM from Sterling, VA on Wed Aug 08 2018

When I went to check out the EcoSport, which Ford has been advertising on TV quite a bit, I wasn't sure that I was ready to give up my 2008 Escape. So I picked out one to test drive and was overwhelmed with how I felt as soon as I sat in it. I'm 5'4", and it felt like the seat was custom-made for me. My neighbor is much taller, and there's plenty of head room and elbow room for him, too. It's a snappy car, responsive, and SO much fun to drive. I love road trips, so this car's navigation system has already helped me out several times. The whole sales process was stress-free with Brad Phillips, and I'm happy to say that I have the one I test drove sitting in my driveway. Sometimes, you get things right the first time... I've been dealing with this dealership since 1988, so I am thrilledl and confident with the sales, service and customer service I always receive.

Uses car for Towing

Best Value is the S model

by Glowboy from North Arkansas on Mon Jul 30 2018

Ride and handling is firm yet comfortable. Nice high seating enables good view of the road . Not a family vehicle but more than adequate space for 2 or 3 with packages or travel gear. Rear swing out door is quite useful and is much like a RAV4 we once had. It might not be ideal for those that park regularly in very close quarters. But we do like it. The 1.0 liter engine is fun to drive and has a nice sound. The new 6 speed automatic is a vast improvement over the 6 speed dual clutch of the Focus and Fiesta that had a lot of issues. Gets 36+ mpg (non-ethanol) on the highway. Traded a 12 year old car with 90,000 miles and got a Moondust Silver Model S for $14,000 ... deals are out there. Stylish 16 inch alloy wheels with quality Bridgestone Ecopia tires (prefer these over the 17" low profiles). Sound system produces full range of music frequencies for enjoyable listening. However, as most new cars today, it lacks a CD player. It does have 2 USB ports for using flash drives or your phone, mp3 player etc. All in all very pleased with the entire package. Only time will tell how well it holds up. Remember ...Change the Oil regularly (3 - 5 thousand miles) and your car will be happy.

Super SUv

by My Dilly Dilly from Levittown PA on Sun Apr 22 2018

I love this smaller SuV. It so easy to drive. Seats are comfy..Mine is Ruby Red and it is really pretty. The stop and go feature is great and saves on gas. It has the back up screen and easy icon to find music and use phone. Great Auto.

Cute fun SUV

by Leemcduffie from Warner Robins on Sat May 05 2018

I love the style and size, easy to drive and manuever. The car features are excellent for the price with lots of fun extras such as Bluetooth, cruise and APP. Capabilities.

I Love My EcoSport !

by PugDaddy from Loganville, Ga on Wed Jul 25 2018

This may well be the BEST vehicle I've owned in all my 61 years. The styling, comfort, and dependability are better than I could have hoped for.

beautiful and just the right size

by Diane from Pioneer OH on Sun Aug 26 2018

the rear door is what really sealed the deal for me. I have shoulder problems and was afraid I couldn't lift a hatch. This rear door opens sideways and is as easy to open as any of the other doors.

Better than you would think

by Bohottie from Chicago, IL on Thu Jan 03 2019

A lot of car magazines and forums and what not are bagging on this car, but I’m giving an honest review. There are shortcomings, but there are a lot of things to like about this vehicle, as well. As a background, I owned a Fiesta hatchback that I loved. First thing that caught my eye about this car is that it just slightly longer than the Fiesta. This thing can fit in any space and moves around the city effortlessly. However, out of all the cars in this segment, this thing feels the most like an SUV. It’s competitors feel and look like cars. This car has a more rugged look and actually drives like an SUV while maintaining the practicality of a subcompact. Power is an issue. Mine has the 1.0 Ecoboost, and while it’s a great engine, it’s just not enough power for this car. It’s not dangerous to drive or anything like that, but more power would elevate this car greatly. Along these lines, the fuel economy is not awful (I’m averaging 29 mpg), but with a 12 gallon tank, I’m filling this up very often (although the fillups are cheap.) It could use a bigger gas tank, but not sure where they would be able to put it. The interior is pretty average for the class, but this does come with Ford’s amazing sync 3 infotainment system with apple car play. Mine also has the winter package, which is welcome in this climate. This is he SE version, and I got a good price, so I’m happy with the value. However, I couldn’t imagine paying close to $30K for the Titanium model. Stick with the lower trains. I haven’t had any reliability issues. This engine has been around for a long time as has this car in other countries. One advantage that people may overlook is that because this car has been around, its reliability should theoretically be better than a.brand new model, but that remains to be seen. Overall, I am happy with my purchase. It is a good upgrade over the Fiesta for me, but there are drawbacks. I would suggest not overlooking this if you’re in the market for a subcompact SUV. Go check it out. It gets a way worse rap than it deserves.

First Ford SUV that we have owned. We are sold.

by Ford for Life owner from Lexington, KY on Sun Apr 29 2018

I am disabled and climbing into my Ford F-150 Super Crew was beginning to be hard. I saw the ad on tv for the '18 EcoSport and loved it. I purchased a Lightning Blue Titiaum EcoSport.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2018 Ford EcoSport

The verdict:

At long last, the new EcoSport gives U.S. shoppers a subcompact Ford SUV, but its many drawbacks leave us questioning whether it was worth the wait.

Versus the competition:

The EcoSport feels like a bona fide SUV, not a jacked-up hatchback like some of its rivals, and Ford offers a first-rate multimedia system to boot. But as drivability and utility annoyances add up, its appeal is fleeting.

Its recent stateside debut notwithstanding, the Ford EcoSport is no spring chicken. The 2018 model represents a substantial update but not a full redesign of the nameplate's second generation, sold internationally since mid-2012. The first generation dates back to 2003, and Ford calls it "echo sport" — a pronunciation I suspect most U.S. shoppers will abandon in favor of "eeko sport," which keeps with the more-recent "eeko-boost" marketing of Ford's turbocharged gas engines (EcoBoost). That's all but assured on the front-wheel-drive EcoSport, which has an EcoBoost three-cylinder engine. "Echo" stands no chance.

Optional all-wheel drive pairs with a non-turbo four-cylinder. We... Read More