2018 Ford EcoSport consumer reviews

side view of 2018 EcoSport Ford
Explore the 2018 Ford EcoSport
Shop the 2018 Ford EcoSport

Reliable 3 years

No issues for three years and 56000 miles. Per fuely average 31mpg! 50000 miles on original tires! Love smart key and heated seats. Se 1.0 model!

Excellent car I have owed.

This car has great comfortability and room, seats go down and easy to see and drive. Great color also. Good gas mileage also. Thank you Ford.

4.3

Reliable vehicle with good mpg

We have owned our ecosport se for over 2 years. No problems. Average over 32 over 37,000 miles tracked on fuelie! Only oil changes and tires rotations so far. Comfortable on trips. Love standard features on se trim. Proximity key. Heated seats. Satellite radio. 2 USB ports in dash. 2 power points. It could have a little more cargo room and power but we are satisfied with the car overall!

2.3

Buyer beware!

My car had brakes problems from day one. I took the car back at least 4 times they never could fine anything wrong. Two years into the car started have transmission issues. It is not worth the money I was paying.

1.9

Worst car ever

I got this car used at 60kmiles I’m at 69k miles and my Oil pump has failed and my engine is blown needless to say waste of money.

4.4

Excellent car for the money

For the price you're paying and what you're getting - this car is an amazing deal. It has a slick interior and almost every feature you need. The ride is quiet and smooth, sports mode is great. When i first got into it I felt super cramped but now owning it, it feels a lot more comfortable. The compact size saved me from a crash earlier this week, I was able to ride the small shoulder on the interstate when a car right next to me tried merging into my lane. The few cons I have with it are the gas mileage and acceleration. I'm used to filling up my vehicles every two weeks but it has turned to filling up every week with the Ecosport. Granted, gas is always under $30 which helps. The other thing is the power of the engine - it has very slow acceleration, worse than my 2009 ford fusion. It would be a perfect car if it sped up faster. However, I love my Ecosport SE and for it to be in the mid-tens price range is amazing! Would highly recommend to check this car out.

best car I ever had!

this car was perfect for me and the way the tail gate opens up like a door as being short it the best thing ever!

3.9

Surprisingly fuel efficient!

Despite low mpg ratings of 27/29 mpg I have averaged about 31mpg for the last 2 years and 30,000 miles tracking mileage on fuelly! Been a very reliable vehicle with only oil changes and tire rotations necessary! Comfortable on trips. Mpg is much better using mid grade or premium fuel. 4-5 mpg more! Best mileage was 38 and low 22. Love the heated seats and the two USB ports for two phones. Android auto has allowed us to discard our GPS! Overall very happy!

Been a great little suv

120 thousand miles and has never let me down. The four wheel drive model is really good in snow. I can get 36 on the highway with it. But I use it most for city driving

2.4

Disappointed

Needs recall on rear latch, bought it new and in 1 yr couldn't close the hatch and dealership won't cover it and have exhaust fumes coming in car while driving