2017 Ford Edge consumer reviews

side view of 2017 Edge Ford
Explore the 2017 Ford Edge
Shop the 2017 Ford Edge

Excellent All Around Vehicle

I could not be more pleased with my purchase of this vehicle. I bought this SUV new on December 28,2017. Here are my observations after 1 year and 9,527 miles. Vehicle: 2017 Ford Edge SEL. Options I chose: All-Wheel-Drive, 2.0 Ecoboost engine, Blue Jeans Metallic exterior, Ebony leather interior The good: A lot of feature content on the SEL trim. Mine has leather seats, heated front seats, power driver & front passenger seats, heated steering wheel, fog lights and much more. The interior is very comfortable and VERY spacious. I am 6 ft 6 in tall and I have plenty room to spare in both the front and rear seats. One of my big reasons for choosing the Edge over other SUVs was how spacious it is. The ride on both the highway and in town is excellent and the cabin is very quiet even at 70 miles per hour. Cargo space is generous and the 2nd row seats fold down which is helpful. The gas mileage is acceptable for a mid size crossover. I average 21 mpg and on the few road trips I gone on, I've averaged 26-27 on the highway. The All-Wheel-Drive system works great in snow. The AWD is intelligent meaning that there is no button to push or dial to turn when AWD is needed, the car senses the road conditions and activates AWD when appropriate. The build quality and reliability has been top-notch so far. The size is perfect for driving around town and driving on the highway. The Bad: Value for the money. If you buy the Edge brand new, the price is very close to that of an Explorer or other 3 row vehicle. To add onto it, the resale value is mediocre at best. I looked up the trade in value the other day and it's quite low considering how much it costs new. I'm not planning on selling it anytime soon so this isn't an issue for me but if you like to trade often, this will be a downer.If you need three rows of seats, the Edge isn't the vehicle for you as there is no three row option, which is great for people like me who don't want or need a 3rd row of seats. Verdict: The Edge was a great choice for me , I very satisfied with it and I hope to own it for a long time. This is my 2nd Ford Edge, the first one being a 2011 SEL that I traded in after 22,000 miles for a pickup truck in 2013. I have observed that the 2017 is an upgrade from the 2011. The car I traded in to buy the '17 Edge was a '13 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited. The Outback was a very good reliable car(46,000 miles with no issues) but it wasn't quite as comfortable and spacious as my Edge is. I would certainly recommend the Ford Edge to anyone looking for a practical,spacious,comfortable SUV.

4.1

Good handling car

Front wheel drive is an excellent handling car. I don’t believe it is as exceptional as the all wheel drive model. Not sure I would purchase again vs the Jeep Grand Cherokee

2nd Edge I’ve owned and still love it!

I am tall with back pain and this car is good and I have less back pain. There is plenty of leg room in front and back. I like the fold down back seat.

Excited for Edge!!

This car is sporty, extremely comfortable and my family loves the car!!!! Drives beautifully and has great gas mileage and efficiency for the value of the car.

Well appointed thought out daily driver.

This version Edge Sport is darn near perfect! Twin turbo's smooth as glass and the resulting 315 HP is great for passing in short zones. Fit and finish is flawless. Interior is well appointed and comfortable.

More than satisfied

In the last 28 yrs. I have owned four Ford Explorers (new) and had a 99 GT and 14 V6 Mustang (used). I purchased this vehicle Ford certified used earlier this year. My Edge (Titanium model) has exceeded my expectations . It's a very refined vehicle , inside and out. The sync 3 system has been flawless , the seats are excellent , and I especially like the interior lighting. I think Ford has done exceptional job on the Edge.

Fords are most reliable cars I have own

I love fords. I would love to stay with fords but the cost has raised to high for me. Please help. I would love to get another ford.

Very nice vehicle.

This car is large enough to hold 3 car seats with sufficient trunk space, yet it drives smoothly like a sedan. The safety features are an added bonus.

3.9

Poor mileage

We bought this 2017 Edge because it had a similar look to our 2007 Lincoln MKX. The wife did not like the new front-end look of the Lincolns. Figuring they're basically the same car we bought the Edge new and went with their 2.0L engine for the gas mileage, since we plan to take many long distance trips now that we're retired. Overall, the car is very comfortable and roomy with plenty of luggage space, which is why we went with this model. However, the gas mileage is horrible for a 2.0L engine. The sticker on the car showed 20 city / 29 highway, but the best we've been able to get is 15 city and 22.5 highway! We've brought the car into the local Ford dealership twice about the mpg, but they tell us there's nothing wrong and it must be our driving style. This is crap because we also have a 2014 Mustang and a 2013 F150 that are both V8s and get the same city mpg as the 2.0L Edge.

3.6

Good car for the price

does what I need it to do. wish it had a little more power the wife has the same with 2.7 turbo mine is 3.5 and hers has a little more get up and go.