2009 Ford Escape consumer reviews

side view of 2009 Escape Ford
Explore the 2009 Ford Escape
Shop the 2009 Ford Escape
3.7

For sure most reliable car I've owned

Quality car overall. Extremely minor problems that have nothing to do with the performance of the car. Ive driven it daily, at least 40 miles for almost a year now. Very little maintenance needed. Absolute tank of a car.

Versatility in a cute package

We have owned a lot of vehicles, and Ford really got it right with the Escape. Not too big, not too small. Feels solid on the road, especially in the rain.

4.1

160,000 fantastic miles

I bought this car in 2010 I have put on well over 160,000 miles with only MINOR problems. I'm sad that they changed it dramatically.

Cross Country Stallion

We love our new addition! Reliable and very well fitting for our family of 4! We drive from arizona and new mexico to indiana often. This is very reliable and great on gas! So glad we purchased this when we did.

NICE RIDE!!!

My wife and I just purchased a used 2009 Ford Escape XLT 4WD. It's the 6 cy. 24 valve model. Extremely solid and very comfortable ride. Roads not plowed??? NO PROBLEM!!! The day we bought it, we drove it up a local seasonal road, (not plowed in the winter.) It didn't even hesitate in about ten inches of untouched snow all the way to the top, (about 3\4 mile.) FIVE STARS All The Way!! Great Ride!!!!! Definitely would recommend this vehicle to Anyone.

Son's first car

Great car for the money. Love all the features. My son wanted a truck but now really likes this. It's kind of boxy like a truck.

4.3

See Richie Carter at Keffer Jeep in Charlotte NC

My experience with car salesman Richie Carter has been great. Richie has been very helpful. The first sales person I spoke to by phone was not helpful and said that he would call me back but he didn't. Richie called me and from the very beginning was helpful and worked hard for me to help make my deal happen and has since helped me with my car when I needed it. If you buy a car here at Keefer ask for Richie. He will do his best to help you!

4.3

Solid, reliable small SUV

This '09 is our second Escape. I wanted the '09 because of the new motor with more power and a tad bit better mileage. So far it's been a great vehicle. We've had other small SUVs but the Escape is right for us. Not as cushy as some others with more a truck-like feel but that is what we like. The seats are a bit hard/stiff but not uncomfortable. The performance is really good while maintaining an average of almost 23mpg. We figure this might be the last SUV with the styling we enjoy until we are forced into buying one of the newer "Jellybean" styled SUVs all the makers are going to. If it is like our last Escape it will also be very good in the snow.

Great 4x4

I really like the 2009 Ford Escape I recently purchased. I love how smooth it rides - its interior is cool - sunroof & moonroof is very easy to use. The only negative is the sync system - needs an update that has to be done by the dealer at $125.00! Ripoff

another great escape

This escape, 4cyc, 6spd, xlt replaced a 2007 xlt v6 escape that I bought new. This 4cyc/6spd combo is almost as sprightly as the v6, but much better mileage, and still as fun to drive. My 2007 was totalled in a t-bone crash in which neither myself(driver) nor wife passenger(frac wrist) suffered any crash problems. Would not have upyeared but for the accident, BUT WE REALLY LIKE THE NEWER MODEL, which was the same trim level.