2013 Escape

2013 Ford Escape

2013 Ford Escape

4.0

Have You Driven the 2013 Ford Escape?

A Real Trooper!

by Goochman from San Diego, CA on Mon Aug 14 2017

Our Escape has taken us all over So Cal and over a dozen trips to Arizona and back. I've used it to haul stuff to Goodwill as well as trips to Home Depot and Lowes when I remodeled both bathrooms. It has great pickup and stops on a dime. No complaints. I would highly recommend the Escape to anyone and everyone. Everyone who has ever been in it was impressed with how comfortable and stylish it is. Only cons are the gas tank is too small and the tires are expensive to replace.

More than I expected

by George from Leslie, Ga on Fri Feb 12 2016

Used SEL 40K miles one owner, was very well maintained. I am 6*2 and have plenty of room, interior is very well designed and all controls are easily reached, steering is good but would like a little more road feel. back up screen could use a wider view, parking assist is great for the wife, rear view is lacking due to rear headrest. Overall love this vehicle.

Better than a CRV

by Dave from Ohio on Fri Jan 17 2014

I have had the car for over a year and still enjoying the drive. The car does very on the freeway with one very major exception. The gas tank is way too small, have to stop every 250 miles for fuel. Drivers seat very comfortable, passenger seat not so much. (Note to Ford, make the passengers seat as adjustable as the drivers.). Gas mileage is less than advertised. Love the electronics and touch screen. Really like the voice command feature, so can keep hands on wheel and eyes on the road. A lot of room in the back when the seats are down.

Very comfortable SUV

by Involved dad from Houston, tx on Fri Jul 26 2013

I love this SUV. Very sleek styling inside and out. We purchased the S model which is at the bottom of the list but top of the line in our minds. For the price it is a very nice vehicle

Love my Escape

by NE driver from Boston, MA on Mon May 19 2014

I bought my car in June 2013 - SEL with the 1.6L turbo AWD. I did a ton of research prior to purchasing, as I've been a Jeep person since 16. However, the new Cherokee and Grand Cherokees were out of my price range and I could have a few more perks with this model. I have had to have repairs done for 3 recalls. I initially brought it to the dealer at 10K miles for the coolant recall and an oil change. I think I must have better success with my dealer, because they were super helpful, did all my fixes and I had my car back that day. I received a notice that one part still needed to be replaced and was on backorder. However, when they gave me the call that it was in, it again only took 1 day turnaround - and the dealership did the other 2 recalls same day! My routine is about 50/50 highway/city and my gas mileage averages about 23mpg. Not great but better than expected given I live outside of Boston and traffic is almost always an issue. With snow and bad weather, it handles great. I have had no issues using Touch or Sync. Overall, I think it's a great car.

FORD DID IT RIGHT

by Engineer from Winston-Salem on Sun Sep 09 2012

Had my SE AWD 2.0 L for about a month and I love this car. Fit and finish is very good, steering is responsive and the 2.0 liter engine will get you into traffic in a hurry! Got the Tow package, but have not tried to tow with it yet, but its rated at 3500 lbs. Most all other AWD and 4WD's require a 6 cylinder to tow at that limit. Getting 28 to 30 highway and 25-26 combined and no problem with mountains. Did I say I loved this car!

2013 Ford Escape SE

by Spidey from Seattle, WA on Sun Sep 02 2012

It's very apparent those who dislike this car are attached to the old Escape styling that had the aerodynamics of a freight truck. Road noise has improved a ton. The car is very easy to drive and the AWD is simply amazing. The 1.6 Ecoboost engine doesn't have as much pep as the 2.0, but it still works quite well and has a lot of power if you need it. I test drove the Mazda CX5, Honda CRV and Subaru Forester along with the Escape. While the Mazda and Honda have more gadgets inside the cabin, the engine, styling and exterior in the Escape blew them out of the water. Quit reading reviews and actually test drive this car. You may want to drive the other vehicles first just to prove that the Escape is the best pick.

Very Enjoyable Car

by Car Lover from Seattle on Wed Jan 01 2014

I bought my Ford Escape at the beginning of 2013. I love the car. Gas Mileage is not what was advertised. I get a steady 19-20mpg. mixture of Freeway driving (25miles per day) and city. I have had no issues with the car and I have just under 16,000 miles on it. I love the feature, where the back seats fully lay fwd. It has a lot of storage space in this configuration.

Found my perfect car!

by Ruby from Medford, Oregon on Mon Nov 03 2014

I have been looking for a new car for several months. I was leaning toward the Escape because I loved the body style and features. I purchased my car in October, and have absolutly fallen in love with it! I keep finding more things about it I like, and I am so comfortable in it. The seats cradle you and keep your warm and revitalized on long trips. I averaged 28.6 miles with it on a trip that was part freeway, and part city. Its peppy, solid, and a joy to drive. There is a little bit of road noise, but not bad and only on rough roads. I had read reviews about people having trouble with the MyFordTouch, but have found no issue. As long as I speak clear without a lot of other talking in the car, she understands me and does what I ask. I have read the quick guide a couple of times and found it no harder then my iphone. Great car and sharp to look at too!

GREAT SMALL SUV

by CATFISH from ILL on Fri Oct 26 2012

HAVING RECENTLY PURCHASED A 2013 FORD ESCAPE ALL I CAN SAY IS THE WIFE AND I LOVE IT. GRANTED WE HAVE BEEN DRIVING A 2002 GRAND CHEEROKEE AND A OLD FORD BASIC RANGE THIS ESCAPE IS LIKE RIDING ON A CLOUD. I HAD THE OPTION OF BUYING THE ECO BOOST BUT I HAVE BEEN VERY WARY OF ANY TURBO REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE MARKETING GURU WANT TO CALL IT BECASUE TURBOS IN THE PAST WERE A NIGHTMARE FOR THE OWNER. I WANTED THE 2.5 4 CYL MOTOR THAT HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE AND FOR GOING TO WORK THIS ENGINE DOES A NICE JOB WITH THE 2013 ESCAPE TO SUM IT UP I AM VERY HAPYY WITH MY PURCHASE OF THE 2013 FORD ESCAPE

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 45

Our Take on the 2013 Ford Escape

Ford has released a series of good-looking cars with excellent mileage lately. But whether it’s the too-cramped Fiesta interior or the sluggish transmission on the Focus, these otherwise spectacular mainstream vehicles have had a few serious flaws.

The redesigned 2013 Escape is different: No matter how hard I looked, I couldn’t find anything significantly wrong with it.

A duo of new turbo engines offer better performance than the competition, the interior is roomy and comfortable, high-tech gadgetry works well, and it even looks cool. All of this comes with a premium price in a competitive segment.

If you’re OK with the price of admission, the new Ford Escape is ready for... Read More