NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2013 Escape

2013 Ford Escape

2013 Ford Escape

4.0

Have You Driven the 2013 Ford Escape?

Disappointed after 2.5 years

by Disappointed after 2.5 years from Minnesota on Sun Feb 01 2015

This was great my first 2 years driving it...besides all the recalls. It's hard finding the time to drop off your car when it's over an hour away to the closest Ford dealership. Now in my 3rd year driving it I have had tons of issues. The major issue is that it has died tons of times this winter. We also have a 2010 Escape that is started with a key and haven't had a single starting issue with that one. My car has been completely unreliable this winter. The push button seems to be a big downfall for winter starting. My car has also said No key detected a few times which meant I was unable to drive my car again. I have had a lot of trouble with the Bluetooth music connection in my third year having it. Didn't have issues before. My screen inside my car shuts off by itself all the time. It also freezes and won't do anything. My USB charger works sometimes not always. I took my car in yesterday to take care of an engine recall and they said that would take care of my starting issues....this morning it won't start so I will need to take it in again. I will be looking to trade in this car ASAP.

Nice car - Sync has been an issue

by Stonejaw from Fort Collins, CO on Thu Sep 27 2012

Love the car except for two things (Have had it for about five weeks) It's the Titanium model. Gas mileage around town so far only about 18 mpg. The Ford Sync locked up the first week. Reset by the dealer - lost all my settings and had to reprogram everything. Should be an easy way to reset and a way to store your settings on a SD card. Also had the car enter Transport Mode - dealer didn't know what to do. Searched on the internet and a bizarre sequence of brakes and hazard lights unlocked it.

Computer system fails over and over

by adolle from Los Angeles, CA on Tue Jan 08 2013

We bought our 2013 Escape in November 2012 and were very excited about all the bells and whistles it has to offer. We have a baby so things like a motion sensor to open the tail gate, keyless entry, remote starting and the voice command Mytouch Microsoft system looked great. Well, three months into owning this car and I want to cry! Besides the fact that the car was already recalled and we had to turn it back into the dealer for 3 weeks while they tried to fix the issue, the computer system is AWFUL. Here is the list of what has happened so far: 1. When we go to make a phone call, there is a "privacy" button on the screen that gets permanently stuck. The button makes it so that the phone call isn't going though the car speakers but instead can only be heard if you have your phone to your ear. I can hit that button over and over and nothing happens. Then sometimes on different days, it will just work, with no rhyme or reason. 2. The navigation has literally driven me in circles. It has directed me around the same block then, out of no where, it will send me to where I need to go. 3. When I'm listening to my Ipod, I will hit options such as shuffle, and it just won't do anything. It will continue to play the songs in the list in order. It also freezes when I try to change to a different playlist or artist and takes sometimes 5 or more minutes to unfreeze. 4. And my favorite issue is that the entire computer system has just shut off in the middle of driving! Yep, just gone black. No phone, no navigation, no music, nothing! Then after going black for a couple minutes the screen will come back on and say "updating". I use this car for work and driving clients around and I have now looked like a fool a number of times when the navigation goes haywire, or we are on a business call and something goes wrong. I feel as if I may get into a wreck someday just trying to adjust the system when things go wrong. And we've taken to the dealer for these issues and all we are told is there is or isn't a new update for the system, then they update if there is and send us back home and nothing is fixed! Just all the things we had programmed in are now erased and we have to redo it all. I would highly NOT recommend this car unless you are not needing the computer system at all, and even then, I would say get a Honda CRV!

More than I expected

by George from Leslie, Ga on Fri Feb 12 2016

Used SEL 40K miles one owner, was very well maintained. I am 6*2 and have plenty of room, interior is very well designed and all controls are easily reached, steering is good but would like a little more road feel. back up screen could use a wider view, parking assist is great for the wife, rear view is lacking due to rear headrest. Overall love this vehicle.

A Real Trooper!

by Goochman from San Diego, CA on Mon Aug 14 2017

Our Escape has taken us all over So Cal and over a dozen trips to Arizona and back. I've used it to haul stuff to Goodwill as well as trips to Home Depot and Lowes when I remodeled both bathrooms. It has great pickup and stops on a dime. No complaints. I would highly recommend the Escape to anyone and everyone. Everyone who has ever been in it was impressed with how comfortable and stylish it is. Only cons are the gas tank is too small and the tires are expensive to replace.

Better than a CRV

by Dave from Ohio on Fri Jan 17 2014

I have had the car for over a year and still enjoying the drive. The car does very on the freeway with one very major exception. The gas tank is way too small, have to stop every 250 miles for fuel. Drivers seat very comfortable, passenger seat not so much. (Note to Ford, make the passengers seat as adjustable as the drivers.). Gas mileage is less than advertised. Love the electronics and touch screen. Really like the voice command feature, so can keep hands on wheel and eyes on the road. A lot of room in the back when the seats are down.

2013 Escape is Awesome!

by JR from Philly on Tue Sep 25 2012

My wife and I spent 6 months evaluating all the options out there and the different manufacturers. Then we settled on the type car we wanted, determined the specs we needed. Then we compared the different types of CUV's to see who matched our needs best. it came down to a shoot out between the Escape and C-RV. Once I drove them both there was no comparison. The 2.0L engine, the new electric steering (this gives it a true sports car feel), and the electronic control over traction and curves made this an easy choice. The electronics package was the deal sealer. the only concern will be reliability due to all the electronic packages on this car. Go drive one TODAY!

Very comfortable SUV

by Involved dad from Houston, tx on Fri Jul 26 2013

I love this SUV. Very sleek styling inside and out. We purchased the S model which is at the bottom of the list but top of the line in our minds. For the price it is a very nice vehicle

Gas Guzzler !!

by Just disappointed from Chattanooga, TN on Mon Apr 14 2014

Traded my old, reliable 2003 Toyota Camry (26/30 mpg) for 2013 Ford Escape (advertised 23/32 mpg). My vehicle needs had changed. I was glad to find an affordable suv and I wouldn't have to scrifice gas mileage. After 2000 miles I called my dealer to find out why I was only getting 19 mpg. I was told the mileage would get better at approx. 5000 miles. So now at 5000 miles, I've again called my dealer to find out why I'm only getting 22 mpg. I've realized others have had the same experience as myself and this low, disappointing gas mileage is the norm. Ford truly inflated their numbers. We used to call that false advertising. I love driving this little vehicle, hate the gas mileage and I know it won't come close to the the 150,000 miles I had on my Camry.

Does not recommend this car!!

Fun, fancy, reliable, spectacular!

by Escapist from Minneapolis on Fri Mar 01 2013

I get a "thumb's up" from guys whenever I park this beauty. It's a pleasure driving this car. Easy to navigate and truly hugs the road. The ambient lighting is soothing and does not detract from the road. Get one soon. Well worth it!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 38

Our Take on the 2013 Ford Escape

Ford has released a series of good-looking cars with excellent mileage lately. But whether it's the too-cramped Fiesta interior or the sluggish transmission on the Focus, these otherwise spectacular mainstream vehicles have had a few serious flaws.

The redesigned 2013 Escape is different: No matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find anything significantly wrong with it.

A duo of new turbo engines offer better performance than the competition, the interior is roomy and comfortable, high-tech gadgetry works well, and it even looks cool. All of this comes with a premium price in a competitive segment.

If you're OK with the price of admission, the new Ford Escape is ready for... Read More