2015 Ford Escape consumer reviews

• Exterior 4.6
Explore the 2015 Ford Escape
Shop the 2015 Ford Escape
1.0

Check to see if it has a new engine

Replaced the engine at 79800 miles. And the turbo was bad as well. $8800 to fix a car worth $13000 at the time. Any other questions?

Terribly deigned car

I like the cruise control and the amount of trunk space and that's it! Some of the issues I have are safety related some are just personally irritating. I hate that I can't access the center console without taking my eyes of the road because it's too deep, the cd and media controls are too far to comfortably reach, and glove box is impossible to reach from drivers seat. I hate that every light in the car comes on and stays on too long when you open the door. The vents are positioned so that it's impossible to get them to blow directly on you. Normally I would rest the back of my heel on the floorboard and be able to reach the gas and brake pedals but I have to actually lift my leg up because the pedals are too high. The seat belt crosses over and covers the lever to manually adjust your seat. The steering wheel does pull out but also raises higher at the same time, so because I have long legs I can't comfortably/safely reach the steering wheel. This car has terrible blind spots. I'm not gonna go into detail about the mechanical issues I've had with the AC, or that I've replaced the battery 3 times in the 3 years I've owned it. Or that the transmission is slipping and I haven't even hit 90,000 miles yet. I could go on and on but these are the highlights. This is such a poorly designed car that it would take a lot for me to ever consider purchasing a Ford anything again.

An Awesome Vehicle

Been an awesome vehicle for our needs both in town or on the highway. Has been very reliable. Haven't experienced any problems with this great vehicle.

4.0

Great value for the money

Car was purchased new in 2015. Overall I rate the car as 4 out of 5. Rear brakes need improvement such as chrome slider rails which would reduce sticking. Forward weight transfer on hard braking could be controlled better. There is one expressway exit where the upper weight transfer is a problem ( as it is with most SUV''s). The steering is precise, with no real surprises ( other than at that one poorly designed xway exit).

4.0

Transmission dilemma

The 2015 Ford Escape is good overall performance wise, but I noticed the transmission started slipping after 150,000 miles, also had to replace all motor mounts (3) they got loose. Once replaced the stability of the drive train helped the ailing transmission, and you still could use and drive the car safely. Buying or saving for a "new" transmission was planned due to the reliability of the car. And, "new" was the choice over a used, or rebuilt one, because I intended to keep the car.

Crappy transmission at 90,000 miles, just took in

Transmission went out at 90,000 miles, just had it into the dealership 1 month prior. Was stranded in Clinton, Oklahoma for 2 days, no help. No happy

MY REVIEW

I have been very happy with my 2015 scape. For me it was been very comfortable and easy to get in and out of. Seems to just wrap around and cradle me!

3.0

Ok but wouldn’t recommend it

Overall this has been an ok car. I have about 120,000 miles on it and for the most part it has been trouble free. I did, however, have to pay $4,000+ for a new transmission in it when I was at about 80,000 miles and from what I read that is a common problem with this car. Yesterday my shifter got stuck in reverse so I had to have it towed to mechanic. Again, apparently this is a common problem with this car. I’m keeping it for now because it’s paid for but if I start having a lot more repair bills I’ll have to get rid of it.

Brutal

Turbo is gone. Smoking like crazy. Repairs up to $5,000. A common issue with Fords. No recall in sight. Non stop constant issues. Do better, Ford!

3.0

Steer clear of this problematic, crappy litt truck

We bought this car brand new in 2015 and after owning it for a year the engine blew out completely. Ford fixed it as it was still under the manufacturer warranty. 30,000 miles later the engine blew AGAIN. THIS time there's only 56,000 miles on it and ford won't cover it at all. We get the proper oil changes and drive it around town under normal circumstances but this car is very problematic and we're getting rid of it as soon as we replace the engine. Steer clear of this crappy little cute truck and find another car company to invest your hard earned money into. I'm so disappointed with Ford I don't know what else to do but come here to try an warn potential buyers and if you're anywhere near the Chicagoland area, never go near Hawkinson Ford on 115th & Pulaski.....