2015 Escape

4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

A Sports Car That Can Tow 3500 pounds

by 3 Escapes and Counting from Washington DC area on September 24, 2015

I've driven Escapes since 2002. This is my third -- a fully loaded Titanium. I've had it for 2500 miles now. Fantastic car. I drove a number of competitors (Mazda CX-5, Nissan Rogue, Subaru Forester and Outback) and was totally willing to buy the winner. PROS *Best acceleration and handling of the bunch. I did a road trip that involved a number of passing situations and, when asked, this car rocketed and stayed in control. *Very comfortable seats. The only car I tested that had a fully-adjustable electronic passenger seat. *A tech and convenience feature set to rival top end brands. *Buy far the highest towing capacity. CONS (minor) *Some controls, like climate, aren't as intuitive to operate as some competitors. *A somewhat busy interior that may turn off some buyers. COMPETITION NOTES *The Rogue had perhaps the most elegant interior but the engine felt like it was straining any time it was asked to step up, even in relatively low speed situations. *The Subaru Outback drove like a heavy tank. I'm sure it deserves its reputation for quality and utility but it was a snore to drive. *The Forester (not a higher trim model) was no driver either. It also had a few cheesy annoyances, like a plastic ridge under the window armrest that rubbed on my elbow. (The Escape scored highly on touch points.) It was very spacious, though and I'm sure functional and reliable. But I found the Escape far more interesting. *The Mazda CX-5 is a great vehicle -- perhaps the most elegant and beautiful exterior. I drove the highest class with leather seats and found them less comfortable than the Escape's. Even in that class, the passenger seat was manual and had no lumbar support. The Mazda came in a close second and I considered getting it. But the Ford hit on more levels and so far I have no regrets. I love it.

Zippy SUV with good MPG

by Casual commuter from Leesburg, GA on July 9, 2016

For 9 years I have been driving a 2006 Ford Fusion and just upgraded to the 2015 Esacpe Titanium. I am about 5 foot 10 inches tall and the ride height is just about perfect. I may have to raise my toes about an inch to slide into the seat and I don't have to lean down or up to get in or out. I didn't get the sunroof option and I have a lot of headroom (enough to wear hats without brushing the roof). I did several test drives and learned that the 2.0L engine is the way to go if you can get one. The 1.6L Ecoboost drops power past a certain RPM and the 2.0L doesn't. You will only notice the difference during a hard acceleration. I don't hard accelerate much but I noticed the power difference going down the interstate. From rest, the Escape wants to go forward and is a smooth zippy ride with plenty of power to spare. My Ford Fusion long term in town driving was just over 20MPG. So far the Escape is running between 19MPG and 20MPG. As my Fusion got older it lost about 2MPG for in town driving so my final long term for the Escape may end up lower. The Titanium level amenities are fantastic! The remote start pays for it self in the hot summer. I am using slightly more gas by idling it more but in the hot summer it's a price I am willing to pay. The large screen backup camera gives me better visibility than I can get by turning around in my seat to see behind the vehicle to backup. I am a little disappointed that my Android phone can't display on the sync screen for Google map directions. Also, I am used to using Google voice so learning the Sync commands take a little getting used to. The nice thing is it does allow even control of the air conditioner but navigating my phone's playlists is not working well. These are all minor points compared to how great the vehicle feels to sit in and drive. One cool feature I am loving is the ambient lighting, especially at night.

Love this suv

by Suv enthusiast from Niagara Falls,NyY on July 19, 2015

Have only had the car for two weeks but it is fully loaded with everything anyone could ask for. Windshield wipers are even automatic according to the amount of rain on the windshield! No messing around with settings. The automatic lift gate is so easy to operate,the park assist,rear camera, warning beeps if anyone is behind your car when you're backing out of anywhere. Lights on the side mirrors let you know there is a vehicle coming up on your side. This car has everything anyone could ask for and for a great price. My husband and I both love the Ford Escape Titanium. It is simply a lot of bang for the buck!

Have had my car 3 weeks... Love it...

by Love My Fords from Southwest Florida on February 1, 2015

Cars.com was instrumental in getting a great price. Test drove and after having a mustang convertible for 13 years, I loved - the height and the seat was pretty much the same feeling...Only have about 600 miles, but city and highway - handles like a dream... Dumb stuff I do not like.. They could have put a button inside for trunk..Only 1 pocket on the back of the front bucket seats.. passenger behind driver has no pocket... would have cost $1.00 to have it there. Very stylish exterior.. I am really loving it so far!

Good car for the price

by granny driver from Commerce Twp., MI on November 1, 2014

I like the 2015 Ford Escape very much. It's roomy and will fit 4 golf bags and I love the color: Sunset. I wish I knew more about the mechanics of it, but color, size and affordability were my important choices.

My Fords has been allways great

by Bull Dog from Independence, Missouri on February 15, 2015

Over all my wife and I are very happy with the car. How ever the gas mileage not very close to the sticker statement.

Outstanding vehicle

by former toyota buyer from Ocala, Fl on May 22, 2017

Being retired we needed a reliable, comfortable, safe, practicable and economic vehicle.... Purchased Escape with 401 package; I could not be more pleased! Lots of toys.... Looked at Rav4; Escape Titanium is a superior product. Outstanding vehicle and outstanding service provided by Carlos Garcia.

Favorite Car ever!

by Love at 1st sight from St Peters Mo on March 20, 2015

My fab husband researched cars and dealerships. He chose the best of both for me. I love my 2015 Escape! He decided on Auto Plaza Ford in Fredericktown,Mo. I couldn't be happier. It was love at first sight. Our salesman John Corp was so knowledgeable and made the experience so positive. He explained the many features and took the time to sync my phone for me. Love that feature! Also the panoramic roof,heated seats,rear camera and so much more. The stone leather interior is so classy. I thought I'd miss my old car. Not at all. I can't wait to get in my new one everyday. I will recommend Auto Plaza Ford Fredericktown to everyone. The whole experience was so much fun! It was so worth the drive.

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by New Ford Driver from Austin, TX on December 4, 2014

This has a nice stylish body style with a lot of extras inside, couldn't have found a better vehicle.

Wow!

by Bob and Kathy from Mision Viejo, CA on February 15, 2015

From the time we stepped on the lot and we met Charlie, our salesman to signing papers with John in finance, our experience was nothing but 5 star.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21