2017 Escape

2017 Ford Escape

Have You Driven the 2017 Ford Escape?

Great little SUV-- Titanium 2.0l, loaded

by sampbris from Hopkinsville KY on Mon Mar 13 2017

I was somewhat weary about buying the Escape. I had not liked the looks of the past models but I like what they did with the 17, especially inside. It looks very grown up now; opposed to the "kiddy kar" look that it had in the recent years. The Escape, with the 2.0 in it ,is surprisingly fast and generally it handles quite well, especially once it is rolling along on the interstate. At low speeds there is way to much torque steer, you're never really sure which direction you will be heading off in. The interior is very well laid out, easy to use and the seats are amazing for a. small SUV, they easily rival those of some of the European seats. The car has been super reliable up to this point (15000 miles)with only a couple factory deficiencies needing attention. The lane keep assist works well except it occasionally tries to steer away from some imaginary line that it has seen. The Active Cruise Control works flawlessly. Some minor complaints. The SYNC system has a mind of its own. You can never be sure what music source might come up when you start the car. It is sometimes hard to pair with my phone for music through Bluetooth. Also, the owners manual is so far removed from the details of the SYNC 3 system that you would think it was for another vehicle. It is of no help whatsoever. Some settings that you can make with the SYNC never actually happen to the car. Second complaint....the transmission. When backing out of the drive and putting the car in D, it sits for several seconds before it actually goes into gear. This is only when the car is cold. It is annoying. All in all, it is a great little SUV and gets good comments from others at gas stations etc.

Zippy little vehicle!

by Laura from Regina, SK on Wed Mar 29 2017

This car is exactly the right size for zipping around town. Parking is easy as it is a great size for parking spots and parallel parking. The car is comfortable on the highway. The seats heat up fast. The temperature control is easy to use and heats up fast. The sync system is great - I listen to my Audible books with ease. The voice activated commands seem to work well, so far. I would recommend this car for anyone who needs to be up a little higher than a sedan or hatchback and does not need to have a lot of cargo space. The Escape has enough for me and my family, but it would have been tight a few years ago when my children were smaller and, somehow, needed more stuff than they do now.

Good car with mediocre gas mileage

by Solter from Omaha, NE on Sun Apr 02 2017

I bought the escape SE with the towing package, sport trim and technology packages. It looks pretty sleek on the outside and the inside is nice, but not luxurious. The tech package: Fantastic. I use the Android auto for maps all the time and it works fantastically. Towing package: I ended up with this for the towing ability (it can handle 3500 lbs) because I wanted to use it to move, and have that availability later. It goes fine. Sport package: Definitely a sleeker look. It enables sport mode, which is kind of an idiot proof manual mode using flippers on the steering wheel and automatic clutch. It's kinda fun (I've never learned how to drive a manual, so the idiot proofing was nice to since it prevented me from stalling out). Gas mileage: My biggest complaint is the gas mileage. I commute 15 miles directly down a freeway with little traffic, but am lucky to get 23 mpg per tank. It seems to be improving over time, but it's not going to get much better. Also, the console mpg average repots a higher value than I actually get :( Engine stop: The engine off during stops is a nice touch and well implemented, although if you're the first one at a light the second it takes to start the engine upon green takes a little getting used to (when you're not the first car it isn't noticable). Miscellaneous: Really quiet and smooth ride. Handles well. Hands free phone quality is great. Console/parking break well designed. I've only owned it for ~3500 miles/2 months and its worked fine, but I can't speak to it's longer reliability. Storage: Plenty of space, although the floor has almost no grip so stuff (including my dog) slides around if it's not in a seat or packed tightly.

Great car

by Picky car buyer from Montgomery, Al on Mon May 23 2016

Actually I bought a used Escape (2013) It is a SEL and I an very pleased with it. If I had wanted to spend more money I would have bought a brand new one, But I found this Certified car that looks brand new, had only 22,000 miles on it so bought it instead. In time I will probably buy a new one as I am so happy with this one. I tried many, many cars and this one was the most comfortable one I drove. Love this car!

Love the Eacape

by Ford family from Springfield Pa on Thu Mar 16 2017

We just purchased our second Escape. Love this car! We still have our first Escape. It's 7 years old and still rides great. Hoping for another long run with the new one!

Retiree

by carolIn from Garrett, In on Thu Feb 09 2017

Our dealer went out of his way to find the Escape I wanted but in white gold. He had it at his dealership in a day. I've only had this car for 3 days but really like it.

Great car!

by Olivia from Belleville, PA on Fri Jul 27 2018

I purchased the 2017 Ford Escape not only for the great gas mileage and appearance, but also the cargo space! Working with physically disabled, I need space to easily get a wheelchair in and out to transport patients and the Ford Escape has been perfect for my needs! It is extremely comfortable to travel in as well, which was also a must since I travel for work. Great features!

Great Car

by Cobra1 from Vicksburg Michigan on Fri Mar 17 2017

Our third one, have had nothing but positive experiences with the Escape models. Great car for a family, great in the snow (4 wheel drive) and other than routine maintenance, needs nothing.

Fantastic SUV for Family and Fun

by Traveler on Tue Jul 24 2018

This 2017 Ford Escape has plenty of leg room for those of us who are tall and large people. Plus, it has a large space in back for beach gear & luggage. The back seats lay down to make even more room for larger items. Most importantly, this 2017 Ford Escape has a Government 5-star Safety Ratings.

Exceptional Escape

by Lynne from Mi on Mon Mar 06 2017

We love this car for traveling and transporting items from store. We love the heated seats this winter

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 52

Our Take on the 2017 Ford Escape

The verdict: The updated 2017 Ford Escape’s improvements are minor — if you didn’t have the Escape on your consideration list, these won’t put it there — but this compact crossover SUV is easier to live with daily.

Versus the competition: A sophisticated, punchy driving experience and impressive multimedia suite continue to define the Escape for 2017, as does its lackluster fuel economy and less-than-perfect crashworthiness ratings.

The 2017 Ford Escape features a number of small improvements that improve everyday usability despite the update not being a complete redesign. Cabin improvements in storage and quietness boost livability, while Ford’s optional... Read More