2017 Ford Escape

Terrific Truck

by from Brick, NJ on July 5, 2016

Was going to buy a Tuscon. But they wouldn't budge on the price. Went to Ford and bought an Escape Ecoboost 4x4. What a pleasure to drive. Hugs the road great. Really enjoy having it.

2017 awd 2.0 ecoboost LOT OF POWER!

by from portland,or on January 24, 2017

We needed an awd to replace our Subaru which was an ok car but had several engine issues in the 3 years we had it. This Ford really is nicer in just about everyway. I dont know about resale down the road. People wanted our Subaru even with its problems. COOL with me! Love this Escape. Way more comfort, power and about the same gas mileage which Honestly isnt great, was hoping for more. We get about 22. Thought about the zhonda CR-V just because of mileage but other blogs say their AWD only gets 22 as well. Other than that its a fantastic car. I really like the refreshened sheet metal up front and the fact it tows 3500 lbs.

Zippy little vehicle!

by from Regina, SK on March 29, 2017

This car is exactly the right size for zipping around town. Parking is easy as it is a great size for parking spots and parallel parking. The car is comfortable on the highway. The seats heat up fast. The temperature control is easy to use and heats up fast. The sync system is great - I listen to my Audible books with ease. The voice activated commands seem to work well, so far. I would recommend this car for anyone who needs to be up a little higher than a sedan or hatchback and does not need to have a lot of cargo space. The Escape has enough for me and my family, but it would have been tight a few years ago when my children were smaller and, somehow, needed more stuff than they do now.

Good car with mediocre gas mileage

by from Omaha, NE on April 2, 2017

I bought the escape SE with the towing package, sport trim and technology packages. It looks pretty sleek on the outside and the inside is nice, but not luxurious. The tech package: Fantastic. I use the Android auto for maps all the time and it works fantastically. Towing package: I ended up with this for the towing ability (it can handle 3500 lbs) because I wanted to use it to move, and have that availability later. It goes fine. Sport package: Definitely a sleeker look. It enables sport mode, which is kind of an idiot proof manual mode using flippers on the steering wheel and automatic clutch. It's kinda fun (I've never learned how to drive a manual, so the idiot proofing was nice to since it prevented me from stalling out). Gas mileage: My biggest complaint is the gas mileage. I commute 15 miles directly down a freeway with little traffic, but am lucky to get 23 mpg per tank. It seems to be improving over time, but it's not going to get much better. Also, the console mpg average repots a higher value than I actually get :( Engine stop: The engine off during stops is a nice touch and well implemented, although if you're the first one at a light the second it takes to start the engine upon green takes a little getting used to (when you're not the first car it isn't noticable). Miscellaneous: Really quiet and smooth ride. Handles well. Hands free phone quality is great. Console/parking break well designed. I've only owned it for ~3500 miles/2 months and its worked fine, but I can't speak to it's longer reliability. Storage: Plenty of space, although the floor has almost no grip so stuff (including my dog) slides around if it's not in a seat or packed tightly.

Great little SUV-- Titanium 2.0l, loaded

by from Hopkinsville KY on March 13, 2017

I was somewhat weary about buying the Escape. I had not liked the looks of the past models but I like what they did with the 17, especially inside. It looks very grown up now; opposed to the "kiddy kar" look that it had in the recent years. The Escape, with the 2.0 in it ,is surprisingly fast and generally it handles quite well, especially once it is rolling along on the interstate. At low speeds there is way to much torque steer, you're never really sure which direction you will be heading off in. The interior is very well laid out, easy to use and the seats are amazing for a. small SUV, they easily rival those of some of the European seats. The car has been super reliable up to this point (15000 miles)with only a couple factory deficiencies needing attention. The lane keep assist works well except it occasionally tries to steer away from some imaginary line that it has seen. The Active Cruise Control works flawlessly. Some minor complaints. The SYNC system has a mind of its own. You can never be sure what music source might come up when you start the car. It is sometimes hard to pair with my phone for music through Bluetooth. Also, the owners manual is so far removed from the details of the SYNC 3 system that you would think it was for another vehicle. It is of no help whatsoever. Some settings that you can make with the SYNC never actually happen to the car. Second complaint....the transmission. When backing out of the drive and putting the car in D, it sits for several seconds before it actually goes into gear. This is only when the car is cold. It is annoying. All in all, it is a great little SUV and gets good comments from others at gas stations etc.

Great car

by from Montgomery, Al on May 23, 2016

Actually I bought a used Escape (2013) It is a SEL and I an very pleased with it. If I had wanted to spend more money I would have bought a brand new one, But I found this Certified car that looks brand new, had only 22,000 miles on it so bought it instead. In time I will probably buy a new one as I am so happy with this one. I tried many, many cars and this one was the most comfortable one I drove. Love this car!

Great Little SUV

by from Eaton Center, NH on March 19, 2017

I bought an Escape with the 2.0 liter EcoBoost engine, with AWD and the Cold Weather Package. It came with so many nice features standard, like the back-up camera, SiriusXM for 6 months, power front seat, paddle shifters and I could go on and on. I had previously had a beautiful Fusion and was concerned that I wouldn't be as happy with the difference in style. But living on a dirt road, with a long hill to climb to get home, an SUV was really the better choice, especially in winter. The Escape has plenty of power, the paddle shifters are fun and helpful when going down hill, and it feels as roomy as the Fusion. It is also nice to be up high again. It is too soon to judge the mileage or the reliability, but based on my Fusion, Ford cars are pretty reliable. The ride is very comfortable, and the engine is quiet, so cabin noise is minimal. The auto stop/start is new to me, but it works flawlessly. At a full stop, with foot on the brake, the engine shuts off. As soon as the light turns green and I take my foot off the brake, the engine comes to life in a second and off we go. I'm not sure how much gas that will save, but every bit helps. If you are in the market for an SUV, this one is wonderful. I've had CRV's and this Escape is just as good, in my opinon.

The most comfortable vehicle I've owned.

by from Keene, NH on March 10, 2017

Love it. Very comfortable and enjoyable. Handles better than the Toyota, and the seats in the Escape are more comfortable than the Toyota.

great car

by from Atwater, Ohio on March 24, 2017

never thought I would drive anything but a pick-up truck, but find this SUV to be just wonderful....fun driving..easy handling...responds well....great value

The move has been terrific.

by from Youngstown, Ohio on March 6, 2017

I just leased a 2017 White Gold Escape. Prior to this I leased three Fusions. (Ford Credit is great.) Those were all trouble free and each successive unit showed improved MPGs. I almost went with an Escape last time but am glad I waited. I like the updated grille and center console. Way more functional inside and better looking too. Mine has the Tech pkg which includes LED headlights/DRLs, Cross traffic alert, Start/Stop plus Sync Connect. Also has the Winter Pkg. I've given up 1 1/2 MPGs but the high seating position with heated seats and the handling is worth the trade-off. My only complaint? I miss my leather steering wheel. That's it. Great CUV for the money.

Our Expert Review: 2017 Ford Escape