2017 Ford Escape consumer reviews

side view of 2017 Escape Ford
Explore the 2017 Ford Escape
Shop the 2017 Ford Escape

Excellent vehicle

Comfortable seating. Good visibility. Plenty quick and powerful with the 2 liter turbo. Very good handling and brakes. Nice rear view camera. I tried all the competition and none were as complete as our Escape

3.1

Have had 3 years, may need new transmission

I'm currently making payments on an SUV I cannot drive. Our mechanic has tried everything. We now have to have the transmission checked out, because it's the only thing he doesn't work on. A new transmission is not what we planned on when buying a car that was only 2-years-old when we purchased it.

4.4

Great experience with the Escape

Very nice ride with the upgraded 1.5L turbo, much better than the standard engine. Styling and comfort better than expected. Enjoyed the car since new (2017), only replaced the battery.

2.3

Ticking time bomb!!!

Do not buy this car! There is a defect in the head gasket that causes them to get coolant in the cylinders. Once it happens, you have to replace the entire motor!!! There is a ‘technical service bulletin’ that acknowledges the factory defect, but once you are a mile over the standard warranty Ford will not help you. The price to fix is almost that of a nice similar used SUV.

Very well pleased

Have the base s model 57000 mi so far not one problem handles great and very comfortable only glitch the fit and finish could be better

3.6

Poor skid plate design and transmission problems

Have owned for 4 years now, after 4th skid plate I just left it off because Ford has made the grommets holding the skid plate on out of plastic so after several oil changes screws pull out, it is then a true skid plate because it skids along the pavement. The transmission is now shifting hard, other reviews say transmission problems are common so probably going out. Decent fuel milage and does well in snow and ice but because of the poor design of the skid plate and transmission problems I wouldn't recommend it

Reliable and fun to drive

The car is very roomy and comfortable. It is well equipped and fun to drive. It is even stylish, especially when compared to other SUV's I've seen.

2.3

Premature Tranmission issues, faulty and dangerous

This Ford had a faulty auto stop that Ford could not fix and disabled. Premature transmission issues. Horrible service department will likely be unable to fix the many issues that fords have.

So far the nicest car I’ve owned.

This car is exactly what I wanted. Plenty of leg room. Great on gas. Easy to operate and drive. This Escape fits all my needs. Very happy.

Good so far!

I’ve only had this car about 2 weeks but so far it is amazing and I learn cool new stuff about it every day! Super comfortable!