2006 F-150

2006 Ford F-150

2006 Ford F-150

4.5

Have You Driven the 2006 Ford F-150?

Once you own the best you can forget the rest

by East Coast Rocker from La Plata Maryland on Mon Sep 06 2010

I had a 2002 Ranger Supercab 4X4 with the 4.0 Engine. I went to my Ford dealer in Jan 2007 just to say high and the used car manager told me he had something I may like. Sitting on his lot was a 2006 F-150 XLT 4X4 Supercab. It was a program vehicle and was just traded in. I was looking to trade up because the Ranger was getting older and just seemed to get smaller. I took the truck out for a test drive and when I got back I said get me the paper work. I took it off the lot that same day. It had about 25k miles on it and is now almost 70,000 and other then the normal maintainence like oil brakes and tires I have not had any mechanical problems what so ever. This truck came loaded with power door lock and keypad entry power windows power driver seat and adjustable pedals. Sirius Radio. Parking assist sensors make backing up a breeze.It has the 8 foot bed and the one draw back to it is parking in certain parking lots because the rear sticks out about 2 feet. One final thing. If and when I decide I no longer want my F-150 it's either because I am dead or purchased a newer F-150 or F-250

Well Designed Vehicle(follow-up)

by Cargazer from Henderson, GA on Fri Jun 10 2016

I reviewed my 2006 Supercab XL here three years and 32K miles ago. At the time, I was using it mostly for trips. However, for the last year or so, I have used it nearly every day. I drive it about 450 miles a week under all conditions. This truck has been a fine workhorse. Crossing my fingers here, I haven't had even a CEL come on. The front pads only lasted 65k but the rears went 112k. Of course, the front blue oval faded out and the 3rd light leaked. I replaced the oval and siliconed around the light. It only has 122k miles but I have been very pleased, and would buy another.

Theres a reason its the best selling vehicle

by 214driver from Dallas texas on Fri Jul 30 2010

All of my family that has a truck, its an F-150. We continuously have bought them for years. What happens when you like a product a lot? You keep buying it. Other trucks try to copy F-150, they can try to duplicate, but theres only one strong enough, to be called F-150. Best truck hands down. As it might not have as much HP as a hemi (we'll see, 6.2 is rumored), it will run circles around other trucks and get the job done when other trucks give out. If your looking for a truck, F-150, hands down. The best never rest.

Miss this truck

by sosa from Orlando FL on Sat Feb 24 2018

This truck saved my life. Somebody hit me and I hit many vehicles afterwards and I can guarantee you that because I was in this truck, I am still here today. This particular vehicle used to belong to my grandfather and I enjoyed getting to have it for the time I did. Although I wish I would've never gotten hit in it, I can say that is was a great truck! And it really saved my life.

Just can't beat an F-150!

by Eagle494 from Baton Rouge on Mon May 28 2018

Bought it used and drove it over 100K miles and it's still going strong. Comfortable, reliable, rides good, tows, hauls and looks good too! With regular service, there has never been any real issues. I can tow a 6,000 lb camper with ease. I don't have to worry about getting in it and going anywhere I want to.

2006 Ford F150 Lariat

by Auto Enthusiast from Anytown USA on Wed Apr 11 2007

Purchased this truck in Dec '05 w/ Family Plan incentive and gave $6K off sticker. Came fully equipped and comparable to same year Lincoln Mark LT. I'd have to say that I've lost nothing in going with the Ford version. Fit/finish and quality mirror the Mark LT and for thousands less. Handling is fantastic for a half ton, due in part to outboard mounted rear shocks. Corners like a sedan and the cabin is equally as quiet. At times, I have to convince myself I'm still in a pickup. 5.4L V8 w/ 3.73 rear end is rated 300hp but feels more like 250...acceleration is pretty timid from a stop and only modest at highway speeds. On the flip side, once you get a load in the bed or on the hitch everything settles in and the truck seems to perform much better. Bottom line, engineered to work, not to be a grocery getter. My observed fuel econmy is 12/16 and averages out around mid 13s. Interior layout is intuitive and roomy, leather seats are comfortable, gauges easy to see. Power roof/rear window are nice additions, esp for supercrew. Lots of cheap plastic on dash, but little elsewhere. Wood trim is fairly realistic looking. Go with premium sound if you can...subwoofer and satellite radio help pass the time on long drives. Reliability has been good. Taken in for one factory recall, and for rubber trim around window breaking loose. Gaps in seams along panels and bumpers are not entirely even and are easily noted with the naked eye. Have observed this on several local models as well, so could be engineered. Overall, this is an above average truck with all the benefits of a half ton and few of the drawbacks. Arguably the best F150 to date, and should remain America's best selling vehicle through the next major redesign.

this truck saved my life

by fisherlady from on Mon Feb 24 2014

I have had my truck for almost five years I bought it used I have put very little into it I was driving to work one morning and I hit ice it crashed into a hydro pole and broke it in half I came out of that crash with only slight bruising from the seatbelt it has never let me down and always has power to spare its very roomy and comfortable to drive I love my truck and will never drive anything else again and yes I test drove every truck on the market before I bought this one but by far it had the most room and handled the road on and off the best I love my Ford F150 XLT

Solid pickup

by bjk7rf from on Wed Apr 19 2017

I've owned this truck for 11 years. It has never let me down and has been very reliable. The 5.4L V8 isn't the best on fuel economy but I have never had any troubles.

Ford Vs Toyota.... FORD WINS HANDS DOWN

by Ford Lover from Charles County Maryland on Sat Aug 23 2008

I own a 2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4 5.4 V8. I recently just for kicks went and test drove an import 4X4 with the 5.7 engine. It drove ok but the suspension was to stiff for highway driving. They claim it is roomier then the F-150 but I could not see where. I felt like my head was closer to the roof then my Ford. It Boasts 381 HP compared to the F-150. the 81 HP didn't get me any further doing a 1/4 at a local drag strip. They let me take it out for a drive they didn't say I couldn't take it to the track. I love my FORD and would not give in to the import imatators. I would reccoment the Ford F-150 to everyone. That is everyone that wants a truck that drives like a car and out handles and out tows the others.

Great truck

by Truckin' from on Mon Nov 15 2010

Great truck, I tow 6,000lbs with it once a week and it's my daily driver. Tows/handles fine with a load. F150 Ext Cab XL 4x4 4.6l

Our Take on the 2006 Ford F-150

As a showcase for powertrain innovations, the 2006 F-150 Harley-Davidson breaks new ground with the availability of all-wheel-drive. That’s a first for any Ford pickup and another step in attracting active truckers in regions prone to inclement weather.

But the seventh edition of the alliance between Ford and Harley doesn’t push the styling envelope. The familiar deep black paint, large chrome wheels, orange graphics and leather/chrome interior trim returns. It’s a comfortable look and one that surely will appeal to Harley faithful. Maybe I’m getting a little jaded by the Harley-Davidson model, but finding aesthetic pleasure in another black-on-black truck is tough, especially when... Read More