2012 Ford Fiesta consumer reviews

Explore the 2012 Ford Fiesta
Shop the 2012 Ford Fiesta
3.4

Good deal for the price

Great Mileage Great for the price Powerful for 1.4l engine Good Handling Big Trunk Small backseat Cheap price and hence low investment

3.0

Inexpensive reliable transportaion.

At the time I purchased the car, I needed inexpensive, reliable transportation. Just something to get me to work and back. It fit the bill perfectly. I always runs and gets up to 46 MPG on the highway. As far as long trips, well it gets 46 MPG. Comfort is another thing. Removing the center console and its mandatory cup holders would have allowed Ford to add 2 inches more width to the front seats and maybe a little more padding. I've had little Renaults and Fiats from the 70s whose seats were quite a bit larger, better padded and actually quite comfortable on a long drive. The Fiestas seats are poor. Systems wise, everything; engine, hvac, radio, window lifts operates without trouble for over 90,000 miles now. I expect no future problems. My last Ford, a 2003 Focus ran over 211,000 miles without any real trouble and when it did act up it always got me home.

4.0

Fuel economy and fun for half the price of Prius

Most fuel economy you can get with an automatic transmission average over 40 mpg year round. It could use more seat adjustment and softer ride,too hard on long trips. Love the powershift automatic, bt you have to drive it correctly as it is not designed for stop and go traffic.

Eases car to own

This car is great to drive in city.ease to park any where,very good gas mileage 38.nice on highway to drive.good leg room.nice storage for little car.ease on wallet.ease to on maintenance .all smiles

2.7

First car I've ever earned running me for my money

I've had this car for about 2 months now and the car ran great when I first got it. Recently my transmission starting acting up in me. When I got the error message about he transmission I took it to autozone. Long story short they told me that I need to get a picece replaced in the transmission that would cost me approximately $700 to replace. I honestly wouldn't recommend this car to anyone.

Dependable and economical. Avg 43 mpg

Bought new 5 years and 96,000 miles ago. Excellent commuter car for 1-2 people, but only kids fit comfortably in back. Trunk is large for a subcompact and folding rear seats makes even more room. No problems at all except for radio. Menu is difficult to navigate, and sometimes one of the preset buttons sticks, wiping out that one station. The radio also needed a $345 repair in 2015. You won't confuse this with a cushy Buick, but actually quite comfortable and quiet. Overall I would strongly recommend this vehicle for anyone wanting reliable and economical transportation.

2.7

no cruise tranny sucks

this vehicle is not comfortable on longer drives, the power bands of the transmition are jerky at low speeds. the usb audio, cant be unplugged while the engine is running, then re-inserted and play. looks good easy to maintain.

Feisty, not thirsty.

Mostly average 42mpg. (avoid idling and stoplight s) 53,000 trouble free miles. Much more fun than a Prius! Awesome roboshift dry clutch transmission.(reliable if you don't abuse it by "riding" the clutch/brake pedal)

3.9

A great first vehicle

This is a very well put vehicle with a sporty look and great on gas. Would have to say the handling is very controlled and light on this vehicle.

4.3

Great Car - Extremely reliable.

I bought my 2012 Fiesta Sedan S, 5 speed manual transmission, the basic basic model, just to take me to work. I have already put on 115000 mi and runs perfect, and believe me, I drive it a lot. Mountains, snow, off road, extreme heat, you name it. He has delivered great so far. Do not expect comfort but is extremely reliable. In winter I put on snow tires and is unstoppable.The engine is small, only 1.6 liters at 120 hp but the the manual shift gives it an edge. At almost 40 gpm I cannot complain.The only problem I have had so far was the fuse box malfunction, for some reason the engineers wrongly decided to install the box outside the cabin where it gets exposed to the climate. It was partially ruined and I had to replace it. Ford should make a recall and cover that expensive fix. The car looks small but you wouldn't believe how much staff you can put in, the trunk is rummy. I bought another car for my family, the Fiesta is not a family car, too small. With a couple of additions you can make it look aggressively sporty. I am taking the time to write this review to honor the car and the Engineers that designed it. Ford should consider changing the name, giving him a more aggressive name, like XTR S. The name Fiesta does not represent the capacity of the car, it diminishes it. Ford fiesta: simple and reliable.