2013 Fiesta

3.3 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

EVERYTHING IS GOOD BUT THE TRANS NOISE

by FORD PERSON from Whittier CA on October 27, 2013

Got My FIESTA for little more than a year, so far the car is good except the transmission noise it rattles and sounds like it wants to find the correct gear but It cant, It can be frustrating some time but my guess is that new six speed transmission didn't quite tested before putting in the car. If it wasn't because of the transmission noise I would rate this car a 5, what a disappointment. The car has great mpg, great features real good price just fix this thing with the transmission and it would be a great car. FORD PLEASE FIX THIS Transmission noise or tell us how to eliminate the problem, because it happens once in a while

Get the manual transmission

by Birdie from Buena Vista, CO on January 24, 2015

I bought the 2013 5-door hatchback off the lot. Actually, it was the only one in the state, and was driven down from the big city. The manual transmission winds up nicely and I have no problems passing. The stock tires wore out in the first 28,000 miles. All weather tires ran me $275, and now it's a beast. Just replaced the passenger side axle seal; under warranty. I fill it up once a week, if I'm commuting 60 miles round trip. Just filled the 12 gal. tank up at $1.79 a gal; it cost me under $19 bucks. It takes 3 minutes to fill up. It's really fun to drive and easy to find a parking space. My husband and I are both 5'10" and we scrunch the kids in the back seat. I wish I'd known to SCOTCH GUARD THE SEATS. It's a bare bones car, so if your looking for bells and whistles you will be disappointed. If your looking a reliable, economical, and sporty car, here she is. I call her my "po girls sport car".

Despite Transmission noise, still a nice car.

by Fiesta Owner from MV on September 11, 2013

I really like my 2013 Ford Fiesta. It gets great gas mileage and is fairly comfortable. The only thing I don't like Is the NOISY TRANSMISSION. After taking delivery of my new car I noticed a loud clanking and grinding when the transmission was downshifting and when pulling away from a stop. I literally thought my new car was falling apart. When I confronted the dealership about it, after getting the runaround, the service guy showed me a memo from Ford Motor Company stating that the noise I was hearing was normal for the so called automatic six speed "Green Transmission". I asked him if he would want to drive a car that made this much noise. He just put his head down and said "well no." I find it so sad that Ford Motor Company and their dealerships can not be upfront about the TRANSMISSION NOISE with the consumer BEFORE a purchase. So, if you can deal with the TRANSMISSION NOISE this is a nice little car to own.

Trouble from first week

by Really? from SLC, UT on September 12, 2013

With only 140 miles on the car the engine light came on. After 3 weeks in the shop the result was a new engine. Now at 450 miles the transmission is making rubbing noises when shifting like a manual when its an automatic. Looks like another trip to the shop. I don't think I will ever trust this car.

Transmission problems after week 1

by Fiesta lady only enjoys the gas milage from Memphis, TN on October 28, 2013

I have had my Fiesta, now at 37,000 miles for two years. After the first 3 months I noticed a gear grinding noise and buck in 1st and 2nd gear, so after the 3rd time bringing it the shop they told me: Well we noticed that the transmission fluid is leaking so it is the manufacturers fault for not tighening the rubber gasket. They fixed it only after I told them to keep it on the lot (they paid the rental car) until fixed. 1 week later they told me it was fixed, now 6 months later the transmission is starting to buck again when in 1st gear. Thank you all for posting, I thought it was just my vehicle, but it is FORD! I am sticking to my Caddie!

Great Car for the Price

by Octopus from Seattle, wa on August 15, 2014

I picked up a fiesta SES earlier this year on sale and I adore this car, it's been great for the past 10k miles and expect more to come. Yes the car can handle a bit odd especially in lower gears, but it's a dual clutch transmission, it's will not behave like a normal car. You just need to get used to it and learn it's quirks like any car. My recent cars have been a Nissan Altima, Toyota Yaris and a Chevy Spark and this car tops all of them in being stylish, comfy and fun to drive. I often load my car to the brim including kayaks on top and head out to the coast and even loaded down, I get 40mph freeway. I am sure the are issues with some of the transmissions, but I don't think it's as big of a problem as people are being led to believe. People only tend to leave negative reviews and happy folks don't bother, but I love my car!

Worst transmission I've ever driven.

by Now a GM man from Spring Hill, FL on August 3, 2015

Had my 2013 for a bit over 1 year. After about 6000 miles, the transmission started jerking when shifting into third gear. Took it to the dealer and they repaired the problem. At 8500 miles it started jerking when shifting into 4th gear. Took it to dealer again and problem solved, for three days. The car started making a rubbing, squeeking noise that became worse as it gained speed. By now, my wife was afraid to drive the car. Took it again to the dealer, and they fixed? it again. By this time, my wife wanted nothing to do with the car, and I was getting very wary of it too. The mechanics at the dealership stated that they got directives on how to fix Fiesta transmissions every month but not seemed to work. That day, we dipped into savings and purchased a GM product.

Does not recommend this car!!

good car/ stick shift only

by arnc1964 from orlando, fla on March 1, 2015

Had 2 of them one automatic and a 5 speed one. The automatic one had too many issues that after 4 times in and out of deale we got to get out of it but the stick shift one still great and it has been a great little car.20,000 miles of problem free miles no issues so far.

not worth it

by miea moore from el paso on March 10, 2014

This car has done nothing but cause issues! The transmision sounds like its breaking! Ive had this car a year and have had it in the shop going on the third time.It is very unreliable and not worth your money ! Shaking,jerking,lunging forward when you stop. And apparently it suppose to drive like its breaking down. Im ashamed!

Does not recommend this car!!

Best combination for fun and economy

by Commuter & Around the Town from Virginia on February 16, 2014

After several months of research and test driving, I settled on the Fiesta for the combination of price, fuel economy, and performance. I've had it for a year now and love it. I drive 40+ miles each way to work, and so I wanted a car that I'd enjoy driving. I've put 25k miles on the car already and have had absolutely no issues with it. It has the pick up necessary to get around cars that some comparable cars in its class don't seem to have, but it doesn't do it at the expense of fuel mileage like others. I've been averaging 34.5 MGP (mostly highway, but some city driving). I couldn't recommend this car enough -- it's a steal for the price that it's being sold for. I'm trilled to finally have a reliable American-made hatchback.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13