2019 Honda Accord Hybrid consumer reviews

side view of 2019 Accord Hybrid Honda
Explore the 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid
Shop the 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid
3.1

Had serious problems with losing power and brakes.

Car had an XLE trim. The car looks great, especially the interior and it handles well. Very roomy. The front seats sit low and the passenger seat wasn't height adjustable. Three times within the first 6 months of owning the brand new car the power and brakes cut off while I was driving. I had an accident the 3rd time. Honda could not identify the problem. Car computer didn't record the brake failure messages I got each time. Basically told to go fly a kite. Called lawyer who said without evidence I had no case. Sporadic problems are tricky. Overall loved the car before this problem. Stay away!!! Unreliable, nonexistent corporate customer service.

4.3

48 MPG is False advertising

Love the car other than the mpg. They say 48/48 but it's no where close. 37 is the max. Very disappointed that Honda isn't taking ownership of this false advertising!

3.1

No where CLOSE to the gas mileage as advertised

I am only getting 35mpg at best and I have tried EVERYTHING on this car... had different people drive it and nothing... best we have gotten was 38 and worst is 32mpg

Best Honda we’ve owned (8) - 50 MPG

We love the ride and comfort. Only major downside is inability to be sure where front of car is for turns and parking- Need fix here. We enjoy the feel of the car and the Touring Model is just plain FUN!

Love our 2019 Accord Hybrid!

Bought my first Accord back in the 1990. I've owned a few other cars and SUVs since then, most recently a 2013 Honda Pilot. It's great to be back in an Accord. My how things have changed since 1990! The 2019 Accord Hybrid is awesome. We've only had it a short while, so time will tell how it holds up. But it's a Honda, so I'm optimistic.

3.7

good car - does not get advertised gas mileage

While the 2019 hybrid is a good car. it does not get anywhere near the advertised mileage of 48 / 48 - more like 37 to 38 miles per gallon. I did get the advertised mileage, but that was with my foot off the accelerator, and going down a slight incline. I have read numerous people complaining about this, and am wondering why this is not considered false advertising.

4.0

Beautiful car with flaws.19 Accord Touring Hybrid

This is my first honda after owning European brands such as BMW and audi. I was driven to honda accords because of the new styling and amenities for the price compared to the twice as expensive bmw. Driving approx 70 miles on the highway daily I opted for the hybrid version. Not once on the highway have I gotten above 40mpg. Additionally, when I got my car (new) it started having a high pitched noise that the dealership coiling figure out. After having my car for 3 weeks and getting a field tech to come help, turns out the hybrid cooling fan was improperly installed causing the noise. For 3 weeks without a car, 500 test moles later, you would think Honda would stand by their product but no! After talking with multiple Honda reps they were unwilling to even compensate me for paying for a car I couldn't drive. At the same time, the car play app doe not work and the main screen unit resets randomly whole driving. Both Honda and android auto have no care. We tested my phone on different cars and other brands with out issue. Even the dealer plugged their phone into the car and caused an issue. Then tried my phone on a car inside the dealer and it worked. Yet, they don't have the evidence needed to show there is a problem. The cars looks and features(when they work) are great but the overall quality and fact that Honda doesn't stand behind their product or support their customers is extremely discouraging. I love the car but cannot recommend Honda to my family or friends, no matter how great the actual dealership treated me.

3.0

Misleading MPG.

I am very disappointed in the fuel efficiency of this car. I was able to get 44 MPG on a Ford fusion hybrid which was advertised at 41 MPG. In this car I only get 35mpg and no matter how carefully I drive I cannot seem to Break the 40mpg barrier! If I had to do it again then I would have gotten a different vehicle!

Good car but falls short on local driving

Car I made well. Fit and finish are up to Honda standards. Rides harshly at low speeds around town. Road defects are felt and heard throughout the car. Hybrid technology falls a bit short of Toyota. You are either getting great mileage or bad mileage, no in between.

3.5

Droning noise

Excellent except when you hit 53 MPH. At that speed you will experience a loud droning noise that last about 5-10 seconds. Soubds like your driving next to a freight train. Dealership mechanics can't figure it out. Happens with the 2018, 2019 and 2020's.