2004 Honda CR-V consumer reviews

side view of 2004 CR-V Honda
Explore the 2004 Honda CR-V
Shop the 2004 Honda CR-V

This is our 3rd CRV

We like the 2003, 2004 crv's. We have a 2003 and our new car is a 2004 with 61 000 miles. Both cars handle well and suit our needs.

Best SUV I've owned.

Before buying my CRV I owned a Corolla, so I was looking for something with the same dependability only bigger. I found a 2004 Honda CRV with 118,000 miles on it. The engine was still nice and quiet, and the vehicle had been well taken care of. It still gets the estimated MPG and is e everything I expected as was expressed in others positive reviews. At first, the vehicle was vibrating when it reached speeds of 60 mph, and internet bloggers said that it needed things like OEM front hubs and all sorts of expensive repairs. I rotated the wheels and the problem disappeared. Now I do around 90 mph with no issues. Did ree2place some bushings due to the bad roads in the country of Belize where it is being driven. All in all, it really deserves the good reviews that others are giving it.

Most reliable car i have owned

This car is comfortable. it is great on gas mileage. It rides well and is very dependable. I have only had to do the recommended maintenance on it.

1.4

Had one problem after another. Passager door rust

I would never buy one again. Problem with rust door locks not working had fixed just about everything on it and it only has 98,000 miles on it.

Most Reliable car I've ever owned.

Never had any mechanical failures in 14 years of ownership. Only had to do oil changes and routine maintainence. Also very safe, I've been bumped into and rear-ended with NO damage to car. Bumpers are very protective. Also drives very well in bad weather/snow because of AWD.

Best car I ever owned!

I prefer a manual stick shift, and the manual option provides much better power than the automatic. This car is fun to drive, has a large cargo area. Plus the back seats fold down for even more space. It has been totally dependable. I love it!

Awesome car

Awesome Car. Good on Milage. Reliable and sturdy. Best car I have owned for the family of three or four people. The comfort is amazing.

4.3

I love my CRV. Great reliable car

This is a great low-cost vehicle. Like most Hondas, it's not going to wow you with engine performance. It will be very reliable and has a very low cost of ownership.

Grew Up Being Driven In It, Now I'm The Driver

Our family bought our 2004 Honda CR-V at a discounted price after we initially had transmission issues with our 2001 Honda Odyssey that left us stranded. On the other hand, this car has given us no serious issues whatsoever. My parents have been cost-cutting and frugal with cars lately so I helped restore it over the course of a year by changing out the old Honda Z1 transmission fluid with the superseded D1 and the differential fluid, as well as an interior and exterior cleansing of trash and unnecessary weight. My only complaint would be the tires that came stock on the CR-V, which were the Bridgestone Duelers (still used as numerous manufacturer's stock tires today), but we swapped those out for a set of Michelin Defender XT tires, which really bring out the excellent handling of the CR-V. Honestly the way the car drives surprised me as a new driver to the scene, when one might suspect that you can't dare to challenge a corner, this one will make the driver feel as if they are driving a compact sedan. In the rain and the snow, this car still proves a champion at the top of its class, and got me through my first winter of driving with no slip-ups. While I primarily use this car to go to school and for sports practice, I have used it on the highway. On-ramp? No problem, as the CR-V's peppy 2.4L I4 will get you from 0-60 in an impressive 8 seconds. That number might not sound like much but considering that just 5 years earlier Honda had the guts to put a dismal 126 horses into the '97-'98 models B series engines, the then-new K engine puts out a noticeable 160 horsepower. The gas mileage is not something to tout, I get 23 overall (mostly city) but I don't believe it is shameful. In return you are given a compact SUV with some classic-meets-modern styling cues, everything from the rounded out front to the boxy rear, complete with a rear-mounted spare tire, alloy wheels (EX trim) and coarse plastic bumpers, which are sturdy. My CR-V is a 4 speed automatic, which is where things would begin to appear outdated, yet the only other thing in the car which will remind the driver of its era is the 6-CD changer/cassette stereo head, as well as the large headlights and the amber tips of the vertical taillights, which have always been a defining feature of the car that sets it apart from its competitors. After this model year, Honda refreshed the V with 16 inch rims, body color-coordinated cladding, new headlight with a separate bulb for high beams, a new grille with two bars instead of one, round foglight plastic to remind the owner and traffic of the foglights you could have had, and a revised taillight without those amber turn signal indicators. The interior included a Sirius XM-ready stereo and steering wheel mounted controls for the radio. However, the model refresh took away a lot of the classic styling cues which defined the CR-V as a product of the 90's and a product of the Civic as consumer demand for SUV's began to wane with the oncoming recession and a new demand for rounded egg-shaped crossovers arose. In modern traffic, the first two generations of the Honda CR-V are beginning to show their age, however it helps to define the vehicle's timelessness nearly two decades later as Honda has always strived to do while retaining reliability and a strong resale value, which this car has achieved with flying colors.

Fantastic Vehicle

This car has everything you need. It isn't too extravagant, so it's relatively cheap, and it still has everything a good car needs. It's durable too, I slid down a hill at 40mph in a snowstorm and smashed into a ditch almost head-on, and the only damage the car took was a cracked windshield.