2007 Honda Fit consumer reviews

$13,850–$14,650 MSRP range
Photo not available
Explore the 2007 Honda Fit

2007 HONDA FIT HATCHBACK GREAT ON GAS

DEPENDABLE NYS INSPECTED RUNS GREAT 4CLY AUTOMATIC MANY NEW PARTS SMOOTH RIDING CLEAN , GREAT SOUND SYSTEM

Great for college students or first time car owner

Very reliable, comfortable and easy to drive. Has lots of room for storage or moving, or for a small family, and is quiet and comfortable to drive.

3.4

Last truly simple car

Sport model with a stick, fun to thrash but not fast enough to draw attention. Last of the old-school econoboxes, just simple transpotation.

140K and Still Good As New

I bought this car back in 2011 with 44,000 miles. The sole purpose of the purchase was to modify and track it. Therefore, since that day I have abused this little economy car to the max, constantly red lining. It now has 140K and the only maintenance performed has been oil changes, tires, brakes, and replacement of the manual transmission mount. It is also surprisingly super roomy. I was able to put my entire Snap-On tool box in the back with room for extra cargo! The only thing that bothers me about this vehicle is the extremely thin carpet. But that will not hold me back from recommending it to anyone.

4.4

Super Versatile

I was looking for a hatchback with tons of cargo space, great gas mileage, and great reliability ratings. My other car is a 96 Civic hatch. I absolutely love that car, but needed AC, and some cruise control in my life. The Fit was the next best thing. I've owned it for 2 weeks and I enjoy driving it. It fulfills everything on my list. Right now, I'm not getting the MPG I was hoping for, but it might be due to the oil the VW dealership has used (5W-30 instead of the 5W-20 it should have). If I can get this Fit to the mid 30s I would love it more. Right now we're in the high 20s.

rock-solid economy car

Just a stupid-good car. We bought a very lightly used 2007 in 2010 for roughly what a new Kia costs; this was the first car we'd ever spent a significant amount of money on. Totally worth it. Having now (2013) put over 100,000 miles on it, the only costs have been tires, brake pads, wipers, and fluids. Mechanics: rock solid, fast steering feels like you are driving a MUCH sportier car. I imagine a manual would really be fun. It's slightly underpowered (tends to bog down on hills), but it's an economy car, so that comes with the territory. Interior: Perfectly adequate. There are some creaks and groans occassionally, but again, comes with the territory. No adjustable delay on the wipers is kind of a pain, but everything else is intuitive and great. Truly amazing cargo space and flexibility for such a small car; we have gone to the airport with 3 adults, a toddler in car seat, and associated cargo for a week-long vacation, everything fit (2 checked bags, 2 large carryons, and about 5 full backpacks/totes included). The only real beef I have with the design is that the battery is undersized. It's a golf-cart battery, not a real car battery, and easily gives up the ghost after a long cold spell. If you can get one with a block heater though, I'd imagine that goes away.

100K +

I bought this car new in 2007, because it was the only subcompact car with favorable ratings from both Consumer Reports and Car and Driver. I loved it from day 1, and have taken it over 100,000 miles. This car was hit by by 1960's mustang (all steel) and the front crumple zone did a great job protecting me and my precious cargo, my three year old son. The storage is great. I even fit a kitchen sink in the back! So, far, this car has needed nothing but oil, tires, and brakes. My only negative comments are the less than stellar AC, which has a hard time keeping up in warmer cities, and the small gas tank. I hope to keep this another 100K.

@007 Honda Fit Sport

Bought this vehicle used in Dec 2011. So far, very nice. It has after-market 17" wheels which I will replace when tires need replacing (don't care for low profile). I am avg about 32 mpg. I use this vehicle for work (70 miles round trip). Fun to drive, handles excellent.

3.7

2007 Honda Fit Sport Manual

Everything is good about this first year Honda Fit except the rear doors. I have had just routine maintenance (and two recalls) but the rear doors have both failed in the locked condition. This has cost me $1,000 at Honda dealers to have fixed and not a peep from Honda. I would say 6% of vehicle initial sales price for mechanical hardware fixes (latches were rusted out) is not a good thing! This vehicle has been garaged every since I owned it and has 40,000 miles.

Just what I thought it would be

This car is a little trooper which is MUCH MUCH bigger inside than it appears from the outside. I wish the gas mileage was better (I'm getting 35-40 mpg), but otherwise a terrific car.