2007 Honda Fit consumer reviews

Photo not available
Explore the 2007 Honda Fit
Shop the 2007 Honda Fit

Enjoying my Fit

I had to drive 50 miles to get the Red Fit Sports (manual transmission) I wanted -- and it was worth it! A sheer joy. Incredible cargo space! Very roomy and comfortable seating -- crucial for my bad hip and knee. Only disappointments are the greedy dealers who are selling these like hotcakes and the gas mileage. Admittedly we're spoiled by our hybrid Honda Insight (30-50 mpg/city, 50-70 mpg/highway), but our first two tanks have yielded only 30 mpg (not as good as the 32-38 mpg we got with our '93 Honda Civic DX hatchback which the Fit replaced). Hopefully gas mileage will improve as the car ages (it's only 2 weeks old as of this writing). Put a hybrid engine on the Fit and Honda will have the biggest hit in years!

Wounderfull

I absoulutely love the way the car handles and you would think that the inside wouls seem crampt but it doesn't.

4.4

Launched 4 years late, but finally in US!

I live 2-3 months in Sao Paulo, Brazil, every year and the car that I've been driving there for the past 3 years is a Honda Fit. I guess it took high gas prices to Honda, Toyota with Yaris and Nissan with Versa to take some courage, trail the Scion success and bring these new "econoboxes" back. Unlike the ones of a decade and a half ago, they will surprise you with greater than expect seating space, big and cleaver cargo options and even peppy driving. The Fit passenger interior space feels bigger than previous Honda Civic, in special the back seat. Cargo configurations and space is definitely one of high points in this car. It has far more than my Subaru WRX station wagon. It will surprise you like a trunk of a Golf, square and deep towards the floor. This little car can even a little grim in your face when you lap around town. When I first drove it I was skeptical about the 1.4 liter engine that powers the Brazilian model. It is not in the WRX league (more than twice hps), but the matting of CVT transmission keeps the engine running on its sweet spot and performance is pretty peppy in urban driving and adequate on highway cruising. The car feels very nimble on its feet and adhesion it is just limited by those 14 in tires. Here, you guys get another 100cc of displacement (oh!)for extra power. I hope you guys get the CVT transmission too. One thing that took me while to get used, apart of smaller dimensions, is the absence of nose view. Perhaps more of psychological impression. If you see it you feel safer. Driving position is approaching minivan specs. You seat high. The Fit has been the most sold model in Japan and category leader in (Micro) minivan(?) in Brazil for years. I hope consumers in US will notice these new late arrivals logic/fun econoboxes and start to shy away from the non-sense, gas thirsty, never driven in the dirty SUVs. Another plus for US consumers. While here you pay 15.2K for the upscale model in Brazil the basic model will set you back 20k!

Best in Class . . .

I purchased my Fit Sport model on April 22, and have almost 1400 miles so far. Milage averages about 34 mpg with the automatic. This car has an amazing amount of interior space! I traded my Golf TDI in for this and am glad I did. The only additions I would like to see are a locking gas cap (how could Honda not include this even as an option!?!), greater fuel capacity, auto locking doors, a fuel milage computer, and a little more umph! Why it took so many years for a car company sell a car like this in the US , is beyond my comprehension! This is by far the most practical car I've ever owned. Great economy, versitile, fun to drive! What more can you want in a car?