2020 Honda Pilot consumer reviews

side view of 2020 Pilot Honda
Explore the 2020 Honda Pilot
Shop the 2020 Honda Pilot

Best Midsize SUV

I am a 67 year old male and I have had several SUV's, including my past favorite the Highlander. This 2020 Honda Pilot is overall the best SUV I have leased. I have driven this Veh. for the last 3 mths. including a 1000 mi. trip. It was excellent and a joy to drive each time. Test drive one and you will see. I highly recommend "Goudy Honda" in Alhambra, ask for "Art Cheng" internet director.

2.1

Recurring Electrical Problems

After much research, I purchased this new car due to larger cargo space than Toyota Highlander. How I wish we had stayed with Toyota. It's an electrical nightmare. Back to dealer 3 times and only 4800 miles on it! Last time they replaced 8 "boss connectors" to correct crackling noise in speakers. They blew out a fuse for interior lights and didn't check for it until I found not working. Today, I have no cruise control. Back to dealer tomorrow for that. Exterior mirrors turned dark green color today while car idling. They said they had two service notices and two recalls (no one ever notified me about any of this!) I'm so glad the salesperson insisted we purchase the 100K mile warranty on electrical. If we keep that long, it seems we will sure need it. This is my first, and most probably LAST Honda I will ever purchase.

Most reliable car I have owned.

Love this car. This is the 4th Honda Pilot I have owned and love the space and reliability of the Pilot. Hendrick Honda of Bradenton Florida provided the best working relationship!

My wife's favorite care

This Pilot has made my wife very happy. The comfort and amenities it provides are excellent. I would definitely buy this vehicle for the family again.

Snapping noise from windshield

Bought my 2020 Honda Pilot over a month ago. About a week ago noticed random snapping noise from windshield, while driving and even while stopped at a light. Sounds like little sand pebbles hitting it. Not related to any weather extremes. Will call service/dealership tomorrow. Like everything else about my Honda!

High tech woo

We bought the ex-l , heated seats , power seats Apple CarPlay etc . The tech stuff is wonderful but what we fell in love with is the space , we looked at the Highlander first ( Toyota ) the third row was too small for us and we aren’t going to buy a mini van . Couldn’t be happier

A very reliable car for a growing family

I love how spacious it is inside. Coming from a crv where everything is so basic and cramped, we upgraded to the Pilot due to the addition of our new baby. It was so perfect, handling and driving is so smooth that we feel like we are in an airplane. Seating is so comfortable. Only con to this car is that the exterior looks so much like a crv at first look. We need a newer design that will set it apart from the crv. Also the entertainment console is kind of meh or cheap looking. Mostly plastic. No sophistication to it. Over all being comfortable is what made me love it.

3.4

Popping/Crackling sound coming from dash

My 2020 Pilot Elite is only about 500 miles now and apparently many others are experiencing the same issue: Crackling/Popping noise coming from the dash. Started with a few pop and it's grown to a consistent loud static in the cabin. Not about speakers since changing zones do not have any effect. I've been reading that it's got to do with something about the wires being tied down too tightly behind the dash. So many having this issue - c'mon Honda. This is amateur!!!

2.4

Cracking noise is unbearable!!! Also terrible GPS

Wish I would have never bought it! And Honda knows they have this problem with cracking noises. Could be a critical problem and they don’t fix.

2020 Honda Pilot is Awesome!!!♥️♥️♥️

Our Honda pilot is a very nice SUV. Extremely comfortable, drives beautifully, and has a lot of wonderful safety technology updates. We love it and it's a Honda so we know it's going to last! No complaints and only AWESOMENESS!!!