2020 Honda Pilot consumer reviews

Explore the 2020 Honda Pilot
Shop the 2020 Honda Pilot
2.4

worst customer service

i contacted Honda because of the crackling popping sound which after some research on google seems to be a common problem - when i called Honda they would not identify what the problem was only that i have to go to a dealer -when i asked why cant they let me know so that i can go to my mechanic and not have to leave it there for 3-7 days they told me because that's the way it works - the rep who answered refused to transfer me to a manager or any one else

Most comfortable and reliable car I ever have.

This car meets all my need. The interior is beautiful with a comfortable seating area is large plenty room for the family big trunk and beautiful inside and outside.

3.4

Not the Same Honda Quality

I had a 2012 Honda Pilot for 8 years and 190,000 miles. Great car, wonderfully reliable. So when it was time to replace it I had no choice but to get another Pilot. The good: The new 9 speed transmission really makes a difference in accelerating and performance. It is much more fun to drive. The bad: Little quality issues. Like when it downshifts it makes a weird noise that the dealer says they can't figure out what it is. No codes means no problem I guess. The drivers window barely goes up. Any other window will be up and this will have 2/3 yet to go. Had a snow storm this morning. 45 minutes later and the front window would still not defrost. The window washer at 50 mph will not hit the windshield (and there is no adjustment as they are fixed to the hood). Half of the time the remote won't let you open the door when you walk up to the car like it should. Just too many little things that Honda didn't used to let happen. It does drive well and has a lot of room. Just Honda seems to have let the quality slide. I'll try a Toyota Highlander next.

2.6

Horrible cracklings noises

My new to me 2020 Honda Pilot Elite had 10,400 miles on it when I bought it. It was immaculate. Fully loaded. Warranty up to 100k miles. I thought it was perfect for our family. I got about 2-3 hours into a 7 hour my drive and suddenly it started sounding like my car was snap, crackling and popping. It was a mix between pebbles hitting the windshield and static. I pulled off in the middle of no where, couldn’t find anything so I drove on. 30-45 minutes later...Boom. Hardcore hail storm on a tin roof sounding noise surrounds me, loud and terrifying. My initial reaction was that I hit something. I slammed on my brakes which was not the right thing to do and was almost rear ended. All my dash lights went out then back on, then flickered. I called the dealer. They called Honda’s service department. They called me back and told me I could bring the car back and they’ve void the contract. The dealer was great, but I’m still really sad and shook. Apparently this is a known defect of which there’s no formal acknowledgment of, or permanent solution to. I spent 4-5 months picking the perfect car. And it was a literal lemon. I ended up driving back to the dealer, returning the car.

honda pilot

easy to use phone integration with apple car play and android auto, lots of space, comfortable ride, better styling then toyota or others in its class

Comfort and reliability is what you get with this!

I am so pleased with my car. I had a BMW suv before this one and it was awful compared to this one. Honda has upped their game and gives the customer luxury along with reliability. I love the spaciousness of this vehicle along with the heaviness and quality of material that Honda uses.

I have been a happy Honda owner since 1980

I enjoy the keyless ignition and remote start. I am slowly getting used to the new safety features. I am starting to like the blind spot warning system.

Best Car Value for Roominess

When I was in the market for a new vehicle, I wanted one that was economically priced and that seated 8 comfortable. This was very important to me. I originally was looking at and Odyssey but the Pilot suited me better.

I love my new 2020 Honda Pilot!

This car meets all of my needs. It has AWD, is spacious inside, reliable and comfortable. I love the look of the exterior and the gas mileage is good!

2.7

Electrical nightmare

I purchased a 2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition last December. I paid over 50k for the pilot. At around 2500 miles, the speakers started to make cracking and popping sounds. Then around this time, the infotainment system, dash board, back-up camera, radio, DVD player and monitor would black out and would not function properly. I took the pilot back to the dealership 4 times and could not resolve the problem. I did some research on the internet and revealed to me that these problems have been going on for the past few years. There are hundreds of complaints on various sites about the above same issues. This makes me angry because Honda continues to sell the pilot to consumers knowing the issues are still there!!! This is simply unethical.