2018 Hyundai Elantra GT consumer reviews

Explore the 2018 Hyundai Elantra GT
Shop the 2018 Hyundai Elantra GT
2.1

horrible car

As soon as we bought this car it start having engine problems, catalitic convertor was damaged too, we went back to the dealer to find out that we have to pay for extra tests they want to run with it. We bought this car brand new from the Hyundai. NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

2.1

Very disappointed

I loved it on the lot. When I got it home I found all the problems. We purchased this Hyundai Elantra hb GT in July of this year although it is a 2018(new). Started having problems with the motor?transmission? They said it was me not use to the duel clutch. What ever! Then I see the hb handle, thought it was not painted from the factory so I accept it. Then I seen the hood. The paint is messed up at the curve where the wipers meet. So, I came in to research. Found out the handle is cracked instead of paint missing. I called the sales rep. He wants me to bring it back to the dealership which is about 150 miles. The more I thought about it the madder I got. I called Hyundai Corporate. I asked the lady all kinds of questions and let her know my situation. She answered with a good one. She said that she was going to try and help me out. Then stated she had stared a case file for me and gave me the #. She stated that they would be in touch in 3 to 5 business days. I would NOT recommend this vehicle. If you are thinking about purchasing look at every nook and cranny. I looked it over but could not see the damage. It was in a place that wasn't noticeable.

Best Value for your Money

This car has been great for a daily commute, and for those weekend trips. The car feels extremely premium for the price. Many premium features included as a base. Great vehicle!!

Excellent so far!

While not having the power of a GTI, this car also lacks the price tag (new or used) of said VW, Mazda 3, or Civic Hatch. This car is truly fun to drive, has a well thought out interior, and hits way above it's price range. Hyundai is the real deal, well built cars and a great warranty. Highly recommended, and I also recommend Mcgovern Hyundai in Brockton, MA and my salesperson, Daniel LaBranche!

Great Car

This car is considerably smaller than my current 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport which is great since I wanted to downsize. Love the sporty look of my new car and gets great gas mileage!!

3.1

Returned it (2018 base hatchback)

Topline: Beautiful and sporty feel, but not worth its value. Pros - Technology, size of floating screen, Android Auto, physical shortcut buttons, intuitive - Quick acceleration, sport mode is really fun, quiet cabin (except freeways) - Stylish overall, liked the premium look of the wheels Cons - Stiff cloth seats, lower panel sticks out and hurts lower back after 30min or so (for me at least) - Too much plastic all around especially sides of doors, looks cheap - Lacks premium features/details of comparable value hatchbacks (push-button start, electric seat adjustments, blindspot det, etc.) - Cannot find any leather seats online specifically for this make/model, unless you customize for $$$ - Stutters when you brake and turn quickly (could just have been this particular vehicle) - Fuel economy is slightly lower than competitors - Big blindspots (they have a second smaller mirror on the drivers side to help but it's not enough) I wanted to like this vehicle so much because I love the way it looks and drives, and I did my research beforehand but the reality was different. I got a 2018 hatchback base model version for <$16K for <20K miles which I thought was an average but ok deal (looking at Kelley Blue Book). When my bank was doing its own appraisal of the car (to see if I needed gap insurance) the value was well below that because they base it on features the car has. I know it's a common scenario but when it was missing all these other features that say, a Mazda3 had at a similar price (push-start, blindspot det, heated mirrors, leatherette seats, electric seat adjustments, etc.) I realized the value wasn't there. I passed on the Mazda3 too, but using as an example. Technology is increasing rapidly so paying on this car for a few years and still using a physical key with plastic insides and uncomfortable cloth seats didn't seem worth it. The YouTube videos and other reviews are true, the seats are very stiff. If you're going for a test drive, go for AT LEAST 30MIN to see how your body reacts to the stiff seats. Also, go on the highways. While it is a quiet cabin, I found it loud on the freeways.

Hyundai Elantra Sport 2018

I love the way this car looks. I love how fast it is. It is extremely comfortable. The only thing I don’t like is road noise but other than that it is an awesome car so far.

4.4

Best value for the money!

This car is loaded from touchscreen to ventilated seats. Vehicle has the best value for what you pay for. Looking forward fo the long term reliability, but with 5 year warranty I'm not to worried.

Everything I need in a car

It has enough room in the back for two sets of golf clubs, and it's low enough for my petite wife to help load our kayaks on top. The media group is great and it's a great ride.

The best car for the money.

This little car is something else, It's awesome, I owned so many cars it's nuts over 100 easy. and this car is better that all of them. The quality is top notch I have about 15000 miles on her so far issues free. I'm a big man 6-4 300 pounds and i'm very comfortable. It rides smooth and quite hardly any road noise. The gas mileage is very good i'm averaging 34 combined mpg. And this little car is fast too and fun to drive, It Handel's really well in bad weather I have total confidence in it. I did a lot of research before i bought it, and I've never been more happy with the purchase of a vehicle.