2013 Hyundai Sonata consumer reviews

side view of 2013 Sonata Hyundai
Explore the 2013 Hyundai Sonata
Shop the 2013 Hyundai Sonata
3.6

Loved my Sonata till the engine seized

We have driven this car almost 7 years with only minor maintenance. But at 109,056 miles the engine seized. It was replaced by Hyundai at no cost to us, but the problems won’t stop since the engine replacement. I am totally disappointed with the dealers’ work, not the car itself.

Reliable

I would recommend this car hands down. It’s reliable and affordable. Maintenance is easy to keep up with and it rides great and is good on gas.

1.4

The engine seized at 35,0000 miles on so ridiculou

This car has been nothing but trouble for me my engine to seize at 35,000 miles that’s ridiculous I want my money back for my engine that I had to put out $3500 for

Most Reliable Car I owned

This car met all my need. Great gas mileage, great ride, low maintenance cost. I used it for travel and commuting. Nice interior. Loved the heated seats.

3.7

Most reliable.

Reliable. Average fast. Comfortable affordable. Good car for a college kid I would recomend tbis to everybody to be honest if you on a budget.

4.3

my first Hyundai

There are pros and cons to this car, and every car. The pros are : very good responsive 2.4L engine and transmission with excellent fuel economy. Interior design is sharp along with materials used. It also handles well in rain and snow with traction control. The cons are: short head room inside, a windshield that is on too much of an angle, the seat belt receptacle is buried on the side of seat and hard to hook up, poor radio reception in the country, and the big one for me is the stiff sporty ride. I like a car that handles the bumps better and has a smoother ride. Also the engine idles a little on the loud side but that is the case with all Hyundai 4 cylinders. It's not a Honda or Toyota (my favorite cars) but closer to them than a Nissan Altima I owned before.

Most efficient and reliable car I have ever owned!

This car was the best investment I have ever made for a car. Reliable, fast, great gas mileage and super fun to drive!! I wish Hyundai would not have changed the body style in later years.

4.3

Has been reliable

The Sonata ran well. It engine is responsive. However Hyundai has an open recall for the engine. My engine through a bearing. Luckily the recall will replace my engine with a brand new engine. The problems were fixed in the new engines.

A good car to start off with.

I’ve driving it in snow, rain, on ice, high winds, and I never had an issue with the car. It’s excellent on gas & the tires on it never wore out.

Great Car

This car is comfy, quick and gets me from point A to Point B safely and efficiently, I like the interior and color, I wouldn’t change anything about it.