2013 Hyundai Sonata consumer reviews

side view of 2013 Sonata Hyundai
Explore the 2013 Hyundai Sonata
Shop the 2013 Hyundai Sonata

Best vehicle I've owned

Great value, styling, amenities...upgraded from Saturn Ion...whole other world. Waited for the right one on Carfax and snatched it from Len Stoler Ford in Ownings Mills, MD.

2.0

Worst car ever

I have only had this car for 17 months. When I bought it it had 78000 km on it. Since I brought it home, my fuel pressure regulator blew up, my passenger side wheel bearing went 3 times, my brakes needed repairs multiple times due to falling calipers. And the last straw, my engine seized. I still owe 12000$ on my lean and have paid over 8000$ (not including the ridiculous amount spent on repairs.) Would not recommend this car to my worst enemy.

Gonna drive it till the wheels fall off...

I bought my 2013 Sonata Limited used with 13K miles. Now, over 232K miles. I've replaced battery once (DIY), steering bushing once (DIY), high pressure fuel pump (Dealer $600), brake pads (DIY), changed spark plugs twice (DIY), just ordered new coil packs due simply to the mileage that's on the originals (DIY), and amazingly ONE set of tires besides original (it's ready for the next set now). Change the oil every 7,500 miles. It's only recently began to burn about a qt between changes. Just went from 5-20 to 10-30 Havoline to try and curb that. It may blow up on the way home this evening (I was commuting 200 miles / day for 5 years, now 140 miles / day for the past 1.5 yrs), but I wouldn't be afraid to head out to Chicago from my home in south Alabama in it right now. Well, I'd be scared to be in Chicago in an M1 Abrams, but you get the idea. This Sonata shows no signs of letting up and for that, I'm grateful. I can't recommend this make / model of car highly enough! Even with 232K+ miles, I can still bank on 32~35 mpg. If I drive it a little more conservatively (I'm typically on the highway at 70~80 mph when ol'smokey ain't looking), I can squeeze 38 mpg out of her still. Absolutely no complaints.

1.9

Piece of junk car

Sooo many issues with this car. Electrical, engine, lighting, you buy this car be prepared for issues. A lot of money wasted on upkeep of this car.

2.0

Big mistake

Had wrong tires; needed to replace tires due to wandering and fishtailing. Better now but still wanders. Poor gas mileage and intermittent problems with cruise control. Trunk pops open constantly. Doors won't stay open when trying to get out. Oil was dirty. Had to replace headlight bulbs; too dim. Had to replace gas cap. Door frame too small.

Best car I have owned

Styling inside and out is sleek and sexy. Very spacious. Push button ignition and control panels are easy to operate. LIMITED model has heated front and rear seats, leather, and a moon/sunroof. Large and spacious trunk. Excellent mpg!

Very Reliable Comfortable Car

Best car I have ever owned, lots of room, very reliable, great mileage. We are buying another Hyundai. The Hyundai is a great value for the money.

2.1

Engine Locked Up @ 68,000 Miles, Don't Buy One!!

I liked the car until the engine locked up at just 68,000. I would NEVER buy another Hyundia. I've never heard of a car engine locking up at 68,000. Sad!

96000 trouble free miles except for two recalls

I love this car. I bought it new and changed the oil every. 5000 miles with synthetic. Very few problems. One coil spring broke which is now covered under a recall. The engine had to be replaced at 96000 miles because of another recall. Didn’t cost me a penny. Been getting 34 mpg hwy from day one. Love it. It has lots of room too. A big trunk with gold down rear seats for large items.

Best car for me

This car is perfect for me very roomy. good on gas is an extra plus I could not be happier with the choice of car I always had suvs this was a big change for me