2013 Hyundai Sonata consumer reviews

Explore the 2013 Hyundai Sonata
Shop the 2013 Hyundai Sonata
3.1

To many recalls

Instead of sending out recall notices Hyundai has now started issuing letters just extending the warrany. Search recall notices for this vehicle. I purchsed my vehicle new and always serviced it regularly at the dealership. In my opinion the interior is cheap, the paint on the steering wheel started peeling within the first year. Heaven help you if you have already made repairs and expect Hyundai to reimburse you for their defective parts covered under their extended warrany. The first 2 years of ownership I would have given this vehicle a 5 star rating however the longer I own this vehicle it the worse it gets. I currently have less than 46,000 miles on the vehicle and plan on trading it by the first of the year to at least recoup some of the cost of the repairs I have made.

Favorite car I’ve owned

I have loved my Sonata for 6+ years and going. It’s zippy and good on fuel usage, very comfy, plenty of room (I’m 5’6”, hubby is 6’)and storage. It’s been the most reliable of all the cars I’ve owned (i.e., Toyota Solara, Mercury Mountaineer, Mazda MVP, Toyota MR2, Toyota Celica). Lots of cup holders, heated front & back seats, excellent heat & A/C, awesome sunroof, great rear camera & navigation system, no mechanical problems other than replacing a tire pressure gauge under warranty. Amazing warranty! If a company is willing to warranty their products that long, it’s made right. Highly recommend! It gets me around town easily and long road trips through WI, IL and MI.

4.4

Car, drive, maintenance, appearance, mileage very

I stilll like it allot after 75000 miles. Good on gas. Very little unexpected maintenance. The only problem is the low tire pressure warning system. It has come on very many times and I’ve stopped to check the pressure. It has always been spot on. All I ever got was the runaround at service. They changed all the sensors during five years. I wanted them to change the controller but it never gets done. The other bother has always been the sub par radio both bands. Very poor reception.

Solid dependable transportation

Had it six years and have no plans to replace it. Fills every need that I have for a car. Comfortable, good gas mileage, and never a problem. If I were to look at another Sonata, I would consider the hybrid, but with 30 mpg I don’t see a need to spend more money when this one runs so well.

My Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0T is a Great Car!

After 63,000 miles, I am still enjoying all the comforts and performance. The car has been very reliable, and service costs have been inexpensive. The car is quick, and I like that it hasn't degraded on performance and durability issues. The car still looks good, too.

Great Car

Lots of room. Power everything. Hauls a when I step on it. Good gas mileage. My only concern and the reason for a 4 is it has front steering issues. Minor but definitely something to consider. Loose joints and or steering issues but Hyundai is the best I have received as far as responding to service!

The Hyudai Sonata is very reliable.

I had a 2004 Sonata and now have a 2013 Sonata, I put a lot of miles on my car and the Sonata has been very reliable. With both cars I only need to perform the standard maintenance (oil, tires, brakes, etc.). I have not had any issues with the drive train or internal (radio, ac/heat, interior) issues.

Best car i have ever owned

This car has met all my needs so far . i knew from the first time i test drove it i was going to buy it. I like that it has bluetooth, satelillite radio and other features that i have never had in my other cars . just a great and safe vehicle all around

Sandra

This car meets all my needs has plenty of room in front and back drives really good it gets good gas mileage I would recommend it to my friend and family

4.1

Great car

I didn't know I would love a keyless start but I do. The size is very comfortable and the design is very sleek. The touch screen interface is a little aggravating but overall it is a great car.