2017 INFINITI QX50 consumer reviews

side view of 2017 QX50 INFINITI
Explore the 2017 INFINITI QX50
Shop the 2017 INFINITI QX50

My first luxury car!

This is my first true luxury car. I owned a Buick previously , but only had it for a year before trading it in. My last car was a Pontiac Vibe that I owned for 12 years. I put 183,000 miles on it, and it was time to trade it in. I wanted something similar to my Vibe, but slightly larger and with more horsepower. After doing hours of research, I came upon the QX50. It had everything I wanted as far as upgrades and horsepower. Fuel efficiency could be better, but it's a V6 engine so there's only so much you can do with it. I love the features it has. Some reviews say the interior is a bit dated, but coming from a 13 year old car anything would be better. I do wish it had better storage up front. The glove compartment is small, and the manual takes up most of the room in it. The cup holder is pretty useless. I can fit 2 regular sized 16 oz water bottles side by side, and that's it. The center console is also fairly small, so if storage compartments are your thing, this car will leaving you wanting more. The finishes and features (Premium Plus) are nice and fairly simple to navigate. I used the navigation a few times and it's fairly straight forward to set up and use. Connecting my phone to the car's Bluetooth was easy and I can finally stream Pandora in my car rather than listening to the radio. I like that the screen is recessed so there is no issue with glare at any time, even with the sunroof open. I have noticed that being an issue with some other cars, but not this one. Overall it is a good, solid small SUV that handles like a car. Gas mileage and internal storage leave something to be desired, but wasn't a deal breaker for me.

So far so good

We haven't had a chance to really get out on the road because of the quarantine , we bought it and the next day everything closed.

Perfect Match

I've had major German brands (MB, PO, BMW) all of which had huge repair bills. The QX-50 is stylish, well appointed, growly exhaust, fast, (6 cylinder 3.7), comfy, reasonable cargo space (all my golf stuff)--I love it. AND dependable. I've had other Nissan products (240Z) and expect years of trouble free use. SO we bought TWO of them (used) with about 20K on them. Wife's is 2016, premium package, mine 2017 one step down. Easy in and out, great features, we love them. Great daily drivers! Dependable moderate luxury--reasonable cost. All good.

3.0

2017 issue big problem with the bmo

My car had complete power failure. It is 25 months old with 22,000 miles on it. It is a warranty issue which its covered but it is very upsetting to know the entire car was dead and the most expensive part failed

Luxury car at a great price!

I am so please with the purchase of my QX50. Smooth ride, quiet and comfortable! I love it! I gave it only 2 starts for interior design because the cup holders are a joke. While I never thought twice about cup holders in the past, once you have ones that won’t fit ANY two beverages of any size, it becomes an issue. It is like they built the car and realized after the fact that they forgot to include cup holders, so they added them at the last minute.

Most reliable car I ever owned!

This car is very comfortable and sporty at the same time. The design is superior to most luxury car manufacturers. This car handles really well in the snow compared to most AWD vehicles.

4.4

Great but!!

If you have your phone plugged into the USB port and using it for GPS etc. it will not keep with charging it. Charges real slow. When it’s 30 to 60 degrees out good luck finding a good temperature on the climate control system. Example: 50 outside set it at 61 and the system will make 50 inside. Set it at 62 and the system will take it over 150 degrees. On both of these problems the dealer told me that is how the system works. 40k vehicle doesn’t have Bluetooth audio.

Just a beautiful car with great pickup

Recently I had a hip operation which makes it difficult for me to enter and exit this vehicle. We're an older couple who use this car as our 2nd vehicle so we've only put less than 15K miles on the car since we bought it new. I recommend this car to anyone looking for a sharp vehicle with zippy pickup.

2.9

Horrible horrible did I say horrible gas mileage

It rides very nicely but I can’t get over the fact that I get 14 MPG AND USE PREMIUM GAS. Not only am I paying the highest gas prices but I have to fill up more often. Not acceptable! Will not be a repeat buyer.

SAFE!

The only issues I had with my 2017 Infiniti QX50 was the lack of a powered tailgate and it required premium gas. However, I have to say it was a VERY Well Built Vehicle! We had an accident (T-Boned, on the Passenger-side by a Honda CR-V traveling at 35-40 MPH). The Curtain and Passenger Chair Airbags deployed, but we walked away with a minor passenger arm bruise and a driver jammed-finger; even though that QX50 was damaged enough to be declared a Total Loss. Over the past 18 years, we have owned three Infiniti vehicles (2000 G20, 2012 G25, 2017 QX50) because we have a HIGH REGARD for the Infiniti Brand. Unfortunately, they did not have a mid-size SUV to replace the QX50 we lost in that accident.