2018 Jeep Renegade consumer reviews

side view of 2018 Renegade Jeep
Explore the 2018 Jeep Renegade
Shop the 2018 Jeep Renegade

Very reliable for 4 years

Up until recently it has been a very reliable car good on gas very comfortable and very stylish but now but now it's starting to stall out install out that's not good go to see the dealer on Tuesday see if they can fix they can fix it I understand there's a recall outhe recall out on certain parts

2.6

Drive slow and get 40mpg

Something interesting I found out when my dad drove my car. I commute to work everyday and its 30 miles of 75mph highway. Other than that I drive in town. My best gas mileage has been around 26mpg. My dad recently drove when we were going to Dallas. He likes to cruise at that old timer 60mph. At the slower speed on the highway that Jeep got nearly 40mpg.

1.9

The absolute worst vehicle I have ever owned

I despise my 2018 Renegade. I bought the Trailhawk edition. I knew when I bought it, I wasn't getting a "real" Jeep, like a Wrangler or an older model Cherokee. I knew it was designed more as a soccer mom car. I was OK with this, it was going to be my wife's car. I have been the primary driver as of late and it had been a headache. The interior - no surprise, it is tiny inside. Beyond a standard small glovebox and center console, there are 2 cupholders and then there is a small spot in front of the cupholders that holds a phone or a wallet and thats it. Also the 4wd button occupies the same space so it's easy to accidentally actuate the 4wd when on the road or highway. I have lost count of how many times I'm going 65 and looked down to see that I've been driving with the 4wd on. It's not built very rugged or strong like you'd expect a Jeep to be. I drove the Renegade on the beach, like I have with every other vehicle I have owned and took it in to the shop after to get tires rotated. The mechanics asked if I had wrecked it. Something within the control arm assembly was bent and the alignment was terribly off. So now I feel like I can't truly take this thing off the pavement as I may break something. I dont know what type of glass is used in the windshield but it needs to be changed. I usually get 1 or 2 chips in my windshield over the course of driving a car for 5 years. Within 6 months of driving the Renegade I had 8 chips in the windshield. Replaced it and currently have 4 more chips and a crack that runs the entire width of the vehicle. The thing that is most infuriating is a feature that is meant to be a safety feature. It is probably the most dangerous safety feature I have come across. When the oil pressure becomes low, the car will shut off. I understand this is to protect the engine, but after a long road trip, I have had my car turn off when I'm trying to get onto the highway, in the middle of a road, in the middle of a roundabout. It's a stern reminder to get the oil changed but it is extremely dangerous. It is severely underpowered. When I attempt to pass someone or need to accelerate quickly, I can usually count to about 5 after pressing the accelerator before it engages. And at that point it is almost redlining just trying to speed up. The good - although the vehicle itself has had reliability issues in terms of ruggedness, the 4WD system itself is very good for a vehicle with independent front and rear suspension (as opposed to having a solid rear axle like any true 4x4 should). I have ended up on some rough roads where I probably shouldn't have taken it and it has gotten up them just fine. However, I worry for the dependability of the vehicle itself; refer to the aforementioned issues after beach driving. Also it looks really good. The trailhawk had alot of flat black accents and red towhooks. I think it's a great looking vehicle. Overall I'm not happy with this vehicle. To be fair, I expect alot from my vehicles, I drive them hard. I have owned several pickup trucks before this and they are just built to take a beating, the Renegade is not. I would recommend this vehicle only to someone who wants a very small suv they will use for commuting in town only and does not need alot of interior space.

2.9

Problems with all electrical, since I purcashed it

Car is okay, but cannot seem to get any dealership service. I have telephoned dealers from Deland, Florida to Sanford, Florida. No one seems to even know what "Service Passive Entry" message means.

I have 2018 jeep renegade latitude 2.4l

This 🚗 is 👌 i brought with 1400 miles and its 2500 and oil stays same i checked it nice ride 2.4 engine is fast nice 9 gear speed 22 mpg i drive to work averaday let's see what happens next

Love/ Comfortable, stylish, dependable, affordable

The Jeep Renegade is very comfortable to drive, the seats are able to pull forward and push back to make it a comfortable driving experience for any size/ height. The interior design is beautifully rugged. This will not be my last JEEP purchase, for sure.

Fun, easy to drive car!!

I have owned & driven my automatic 2018 Jeep Renegade Latitude for about a week now, & I just LOVE it!! No fancy instrumentation, no sunroof - just a FUN ride!!

4.4

First new car in almost 20 years.

This car exceeded my expectations. Was concerned about legroom and wasn't disappointed. Media center upgrade was a welcome surprise. Can easily take this on weekend trips without sacrificing comfort

She’s Gorgeous

I was a little hesitant on buying the car at first because I wasn’t the biggest fan of the look itself but it grew on me.. QUICK!! It’s such a comfortable drive, very spacious, and the factory speakers are better than I thought!!

3.6

Good car as long as you get the warranty

The Renegade meets all my needs, but has been at the dealer multiple times for things like the alarm going off while the car is in motion, and The radio screen would disappear. Thankfully each time the dealer was able to fix the issue.