2018 Jeep Renegade consumer reviews

side view of 2018 Renegade Jeep
Explore the 2018 Jeep Renegade
Shop the 2018 Jeep Renegade
2.6

Shuts down every time before Oil change is due

This vehicle shuts down on you with no indication that an oil change is due .... per dealership, it was designed this way to "save" money supposedly. It has shut down on my husband and I while driving it on a busy road. It is dangerous and can potentially cause a serious accident. The dealership will not do anything to fix it or even acknowledge that it is a safety hazard.

Most favorite Car Iv ever owner!

I went to the lot for a wrangler but left with the Renegade. I’m very happy with this vehicle! Can’t wait to take it to the beach!!

the best car ive ever owned , and i have alot

met all of my needs i drive for lyft ,and uber and have 93, plus miles and still love it ,would trade up to the next level if i could .

4.3

Fun and fits all my needs

I tow a small boat with this regularly it holds all my fishing stuff and luggage, great in wet weather, just wish the motor had a little more punch to it

3.4

I wanted to love it

I just traded out of mine at 23,000 miles. I absolutely loved this car, but it is not reliable or safe. Body control module went out at 6,000 miles, radio acts up all the time or doesn’t respond, and it burned through 3-5 qts(all its oil) in 2500 miles. It stalled, power steering went out, the engine began sputtering, and this all happened with my 1 year old son in the car. The dealership thought my engine was bad, but they wanted to charge me for another oil change when I had just had one, and they wanted me to drive it another 1000 miles. I already didn’t feel safe in it anymore. I took a small hit trading it in, but I have a car now that I feel safe in. I didn’t want them putting another one of those 2.4 l multi-air engines in it anyway. What would that do me if it went out in another 20,000 miles after it wasn’t under warranty anymore?.. don’t buy this vehicle. From what I’ve researched, the oil burning is common with these. I was so disappointed.

Eleven k miles and I've already replaced two tires

It uses a quart of oil every 1200 miles and Chrysler says that's acceptable. At last oil change it was three and one half quarts short

Love the car, but.....

I am simply in love with my recently purchased, pre-owned Jeep Renegade Latitude. It is everything I was wanting in a Jeep and more. However, I've had a bad experience with it and am wondering if my joy may been too soon. Went riding in it today and needed to back onto a slight hill. Once sitting on the hill I put it in park and got out. When I got back in I started the vehicle and reached down and tried to shift it from Park to Drive. It wouldn't move out of Park. Long story short, I had to have it towed to the car dealership. Since it is Friday night, I won't know what the problem is and/or if it can be fixed until next week. Regardless of this problem, I still love the vehicle but will be somewhat leery of it I guess. I hope the mechanics that fix it can reassure me it won't happen again.

4.4

Treat yourself. Try one

This is a smallish SUV. It is not a big SUV. Unless you have a large family it is sufficient. It is well species, comfortable, quiet, cheap to insure, cheap to run (57mpg on mixed driving) and most importantly TOTALLY reliable. I have had mine for two years (bought it new) and it has had no faults. You can pick up a new or nearly new one for a reasonable price. Forget your bias. It doesn't matter whether you like Mr Trump or not. Go try one. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Had a lot of problems but has been worked on

I like it as the sizing is perfect for me. Parks easy and gets me where I need to be. Every time I take it in, repairs get done correctly

Perfect car for me

This vehicle had everything I wanted. It’s not to big but yet very spacious. Came with everything I wanted. Back up cameras, heated mirrors, touch screen, etc.