2018 Jeep Renegade consumer reviews

side view of 2018 Renegade Jeep
Explore the 2018 Jeep Renegade
Shop the 2018 Jeep Renegade
3.6

Good car as long as you get the warranty

The Renegade meets all my needs, but has been at the dealer multiple times for things like the alarm going off while the car is in motion, and The radio screen would disappear. Thankfully each time the dealer was able to fix the issue.

3.4

Capable small SUV, but....

I enjoyed having this Renegade, but ultimately, the oil consumption and MPG just made it not worth the hassle. It's a very capable off road vehicle. MPG is barely better than what I used to get in my XJ. The culprit is the 9sp auto that is STILL not perfected even after all these years of the same issues in FCA vehicles. And the oil consumption? They switched to the super thin oil to squeeze out fuel efficiency....SO I get bad mile per gallon AND have to constantly monitor my oil levels? NO thanks. Bought it new, drove it 2 years, traded in for an older, more reliable vehicle.

2.6

Needs work.

I love my 2018 Renegade!!! It is fun, I drive it every day! And I work off road on the farm on the weekends. I completely customized it just like people do Wranglers. The issue I have it uses oil like no tomorrow and I have to add oil once a month! For a vehicle that only has 22k miles it should never use oil. I have my 2013 Toyota Camry, my 08 Honda Civic and my 1986 F250. Non of the use oil!!! Second if I take the 2018 renegade on the internet it over heats and the a/c turns off. I talked to service twice about this issue and they said Jeep said it is normal for the It to do so. Why did I pay 28k for a Jeep I can not drive with my family to FL with A/C? If I want a Jeep with no A/C I would have bought a old CJ for 4500 dollars!!!

great little jeep!

plenty of room even though it doesn't look like it! Wonderful little jeep! Great on gas and a blast to drive. My family fits in it just fine!

Nice AWD car.

Since I bought in mid summer, I haven't had the chance to see how it performs in the snow. I've owned 3 other AWD vehicles in the past, so I'm anxious to see how it compares to the ones from my past. So far I'm pleased. My main criticism at this time is the lack of storage bins. For a car of this size there should've been more. Also, the most accessible storage bin in most cars is the console; this one is too far back.

3.1

IF I HAD KNOWN BEFORE I BOUGHT IT

THIS VEHICLE WAS GREAT AT FIRST. THEN IT IS USING OIL LIKE CRAZY!!!! I WAS 3000 MILES FROM MY OIL CHANGE AND IT STALLED OUT ON ME, SO TOOK TO A DEALERSHIP. LOW AND BEHOLD, NOT ONE DROP OF OIL IN THE ENGINE!!!!

The best car I have ever owned

My only complaint about this car is there isn’t much room in the front for keys, and the cup holders are hard to use/reach it’s just very crowded. Other than that the car is AMAZING. Safe and reliable. The gas takes $20 to fill from empty. It’s quiet, rides very smooth and has all the features a girl could want.

1.0

Always something wrong with it

Electrical transmission fuel pressure clutch emergency brake button start button and so many other things tires were an evenly Hate it , Anything and everything you can think of has went wrong with this vehicle

Adorable and reliable car

This car is very spacious and runs great. I love the details on the inside and out. It could use more storage spaces through the car.

Well Worth the Money!

I purchased a 2018 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk because my company vehicle is a Jeep Compass and I couldn’t be happier. I owned a Toyota FJ 10 years ago and this Renegade is the closest SUV I could find. It is extremely reliable and is very sporty. It has good power for a 4 banger and can go just about anywhere. I bought a 2 year old car with under 10,000 miles and got a great deal. Someone else took the depreciation. Get a Renegade, it is well with the money!