2007 Wrangler

2007 Jeep Wrangler

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2007 Jeep Wrangler?

Our 5-Year/Old Loves It!!!

by PRMachine from Dallas on Mon Apr 18 2011

Don't buy a Jeep if you are worried about super gas mileage, excessive noise or keeping your work clothes clean. But if you want a "fun" car than this more than fits the bill. I bought my 2007 Wranger X used about 3 months ago. It needed some basic maintenance like the oil and front/rear differential fluid changed and emergency brake tightened. But other than that it's runs terrific. It was supposed to my weekend toy, but my fiancee has been having trouble with her car so she's been driving my 4Runner. As a result I've been driving my Jeep every day, which is far more than I ever planned, but it's run perfectly. That said, it is horrible on windy days; in heavy wind gusts the convertible top is so loud that you can't even hear the radio without turning it to high volume. One MAJOR annoyance is that the seat belts flutter and snap LOUDLY in the wind with the top down. The first time my brother rode in the Jeep it took him all of about 3 minutes to comment on it. I'm trying different remedies but haven't fixed it yet. And since I've been forced to use it as a daily driver for a couple of months, I also discovered that the interior immediately gets dirt everywhere once you take the top down. That's fine for cruising around town on the weekends. But not so good when you inadvertently wear a white dress shirt to the office. The V6 gives really good acceleration and the 6-speed transmission offers up a smooth ride. It's pretty lousy on gas mileage, but that's not why I bought it. I wanted a fun summer car to drive around town and go on weekend road trips with my fiancee and our 5-year/old daughter. But take the top (or the "blanket" or "blankie" as our daughter calls it) down and you couldn't ask for a better fun in the sun driver. Seriously, our daughter doesn't want to ride in any of our other cars anymore:) And if the little princess is happy with it, than so am I.

It's a jeep

by jeepin from bama from central, al on Thu Oct 21 2010

This is my 7th Wrangler (07 X 2 door) and by far the most creature comforts. Traded my 08 4 door Sahara for a 2 door. Like the 4 door but engine was sluggish and it didn't have the true jeep feel I was use to. A jeep is a jeep. Not a get there fast car, not a recliner on wheels, not a gas saver, but another animal in the woods. Home is where the heart is and the jeep is home in the woods. Not a cell phone holder and yes, you will spill your coffee in it, but the good news is - it cleans well. Nothing fancy but there is nothing like owning a jeep and if your anti-social you are really going to hate the jeep wave and other people admiring your ride.

I've owned a Wrangler since '93

by JeepMan from New Jersey on Fri Feb 06 2009

I have owned a '93 Wrangler, 2000 Wrangler and now the 2007 Wrangler. This vehicle is much improved over the older Wranglers (especially now that I can fit 3 kid seats in the back).

Unbelievable Vehicle for ANYTHING!

by Colorado Vehicle from Colorado on Thu Aug 23 2012

This is my first wrangler, but have known many friends that have/or do own older models. I've ridden and driven in an '84, a '95, and an '05 and can say the JK is by far the best model Jeep has made! I bought an 07 Sahara 2 door and love it more than any vehicle I've ever owned. I have owned two Toyota Camrys and an Audi A6, all manual transmissions (as is my Wrangler) and can definitely say, compared to my other vehicles, the Wrangler's transmission is the best. Very smooth and can handle anything. The power from the V6 is more than I could ever need and the stock ride height is beyond enough for the fourwheeling that I like (pretty much anything but major rock crawling). Living in the mountains in Colorado is not a problem at all with it. Snow is never a problem, even when its 2-3 foot storms. My Audi was great too but if there was more than 6" it was useless, the Wrangler takes care of this! It's not horrible on gas, about 18-20 mpg and I haven't had any issues with my soft top like other people are complaining about. It's not the world's most comfortable vehicle but c'mon...ITS A WRANGLER!!! Sound system is excellent, and the interior is unbelievable easy to clean! All in all, I will be a Jeep owner for years to come!

Love It

by Jeeper from Douglasville, Ga on Wed Nov 02 2011

When I bought this Jeep I did not expect it to bring back the joy of driving again. I love taking off the roof, doors and feeling the wind. It turns on a dime, has great off road capacity and glad I bought it. Gas mileage could be a little better but if you can't afford the gas don't get the Jeep.

Unstopable Rubicon!

by Moabian from Midwest on Tue Jan 31 2012

I had other good Jeeps but I had to spend a lot on them to make them mud-able mountain climbers but this Rubicon did the job right out of the box. I snickered as I helped pull FJ's & Hummers out of trouble on some pretty tough trails. This JK Rubicon still drives like new and now has close to 150,000 miles with no signs of mechanical wear (although I keep up with all maintenance and always change oil every 3,000 miles) I just had to replace ball joints once. I drive this JK Rubicon every day and everywhere. It even got me through the 23" blizzard last year when just about the only vehicles on the road were Jeeps & snow plows.

Gotta love it!

by judybluejeep from Winfield, IL on Mon Jun 06 2011

All I can say is I love my Jeep. I love the way I feel when I drive it. I love the friendly low-key greetings I get from the universal Jeep family I never knew I had out there. The gas mileage is taking me some getting used to, but it's worth it!

bad sunrunner soft tops chryslers failure to fix

by any users from t or c new mexico on Fri Feb 13 2009

the soft top does not fit proper , never has. you get loud wind noise and at 60 miles per hour the top starts to flap excessive to the point that you must slow down. chrysler mechanics have told me (after more than 12 trips to the garages) that the only fix is a new top and chrysler has refused. this is not my first jeep soft top but it will be my last!

Does not recommend this car!!

Fun

by Hunter from Douglasville, Ga on Wed Dec 07 2011

Love this Jeep. It is fun to drive. Wish it was some what better on gas millage but worth every fill up. Water pump had to be replaced at 19K miles but it is a repair that is so easy to do and less than $75.00 in parts. Everyone that rides in it wants one now. I have the hard top so noise is not too bad. Really like the Freedom top for winter. I would buy one again in a minute...

Top down

by Juice from Upstate, South Carolina on Sat Aug 24 2013

I love my 07 Jeep Wrangler X. It's your basic jeep with new wheels and tires. It performs exactly like it's legendary status supports. The only complaint I have is the leaky top. It leaks directly above the door handles on both sides which splatters on the seats. I know leaks come along with soft tops, but it bothers me. I know to keep a towel in the vehicle when it rains. It doesn't leak when driving, only when sitting in the elements.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2007 Jeep Wrangler

Jeep is attempting to broaden its brand appeal by introducing large SUVs like the Commander and small crossovers like the Compass, but neither has gained the strong following that the legendary Jeep Wrangler has had. For 2007, Jeep has revamped the Wrangler but kept its classic looks — and, more importantly, its offroad ability — while adding a whole lot of comfort. The Wrangler should satisfy offroad enthusiasts, yet still deliver a pleasing everyday driving experience. That's not easy to do, and Jeep does it best.

Exterior
At first glance, most shoppers won't notice a difference between the all-new 2007 Wrangler and the decade-old design it replaces. Look a bit closer, though, and... Read More