2014 Jeep Wrangler

4th Jeep

by from University Place on August 14, 2014

I owned a 1978 CJ5 bought new in 1979, had a 1989 Cherokee Laredo I bought used and a 1997 Wrangler I also bought used. I loved all 3 but my new 2014 Wrangler is by far the best yet. It rides as smooth as my ex wife's Honda CRV and I don't think anything 4 wheel drives as well as a Jeep. Just like the CJ5 the Wrangler can go just about anywhere but unlike the CJ5 the 2014 Wrangler drives on the highway like a small SUV or better. I am also pleasantly surprised with the highway gas mileage and also the power the new 3.6 liter V6 provides. I have the 5 speed automatic and have noticed no power loss due to having an automatic. It is quit and comfortable yet seems to be extremely rugged as I have grown accustomed to Jeeps being. I have owned a lot of vehicles but this 2014 Jeep Wrangler sport is awesome and is soon becoming my new favorite and I am looking forward to driving it for many years to come.

Finally Got A Wrangler

by from Upstate NY on February 24, 2016

After a couple years of wanting a Wrangler and searching the internet for a good used one,I finally realized that used Wranglers don't seem to depreciate much so I bought a 2016. got the Willys Wheeler Edition. It's taking some getting used to but I love it and glad I bought it.Had one problem so far; the driver's door lock wouldn't latch.Took it back to dealer who "found nothing wrong but lubed it up good".So far,a week later it's fine. It rides far smoother than I'd thought.The radio and CD player are ok,not great.MPG so far around town is only around 15.5.Haven't taken the hardtop off yet since it's February so don't know if that's a job or not.I think the front panels (like t-tops) will be easy,the back a 2-man job.I'd recommend a Wrangler if you really want something that's very basic and very different than anything else you've owned.

First time I bought something I wanted instead of

by from Myrtle Beach, SC on August 7, 2015

Actually I bought a 2004 4wd Jeep Wrangler Sport Inline 6 5spd w/ hard top. There wasn't a selection to mark the proper year of Jeep that I bought. Sorry if there's any confusion. This was the first time I was able to buy a vehicle that I WANTED, instead of having to buy something I needed. I've tried to be a good husband and make sure my wife always had the best, latest model of car, and lucky the last one was what she wanted! That moment made me feel so good, I guess it's better to give than receive, but my Jeep makes me pretty happy, not as good as when I was able to buy her that first BRAND NEW car she WANTED, and that nobody else had ever owned it before us! Looking online is probably the best advancement in the car buying process!!! It saves you time, wear and tear on your vehicle, gas, which saves you even MORE money since the price of gas is higher than a lot of precious metals!!! I would advise anyone to start with new car.com. It's the easiest, and quickest way to search local dealerships, or any as far as you are willing to travel, to find the vehicle and the deal that will work best for you. I drove a little bit further than I had planned to, but since I live where there's tourism, and sunny beaches, I knew that I might have to drive a little to find a deal that would work for me. That wasn't a problem, I ended up saving quite a few bucks, but I got what I wanted, and I drove back home with all of my body parts and blood that I left with!! I have a nice 2004 Jeep Wrangler, that has the look I wanted, my favorite color, it has a manual transmission, so the number of young crooks won't be able to steal it, since most don't drive a stick. The alarm I put on it still works, just in case!! Don't keep riding around in circles, or town to town without checking here first. It's just not worth the money or the headache! This way gives you more time to do what you want to be doing with what free time you have for your family. Everyone has to work a lot of hours to support their families, and try to save ahead for the post high school education that costs a fortune, and keep everyone riding in a safe, reliable vehicle. Save what you can, and this is a place to start. It's a no brainier, use the electricity that you're already paying for, and it's cheaper than gas!!!!

Tough little SUV

by from Bethlehem, Pa on October 29, 2014

Living in the northeast, with the bad winters, My Jeep makes me feel very safe in the snow. It will go anyware also it is very cool in summer with the top down. It is just one fun vehicle.

fits my personality

by from Baytown, Texas on July 8, 2014

Bought it 2 weeks ago and took it on a camping trip to Colorado. 2300 miles round trip. Handled extremely well on Mountain roads and trails. Pulled a small kayak trailer- gas mileage was not very good but we got there and back, probably had something to do with the windy conditions and the kayaks. The only thing I think Jeep should do is put quality tires on their Sport models. This is the 2nd Wrangler I have owned and this time I bought better tires right off the bat since I got a flat tire with my first Wrangler on its first trip on a mountain road. I don't mind for quality and those highway Brand X tires don't match the Jeep quality. It is a tough vehicle.

eye catcher gets alot of looks and drives well

by from Pittsburgh Pa on May 17, 2014

Have always wanted one and the 2014 model was a true winner price and features are good handles like a dream parks easy and big savings at the pump but plenty of power to get up and go. Plus a joy to drive

Fantastic Vehicle

by from NE Illinois near Chicago on April 12, 2014

After a nasty winter with 80 inches of snow, I traded my Mustang GT for a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. Quite a difference! Wranglers do not have to be stripped of modern amenities. Mine came fully loaded with navigation system, 6.5 inch touch screen, XM radio, voice command, electric DC to AC converter, Alpine stereo, extra USB ports, heated seats, electric windows & locks and remote start. It has a strong engine; responsive to the pedal, and has a surprisingly smooth ride. It's bumpy on bad roads but that's okay. I highly recommend this car if you need a 4 x 4.

Good times 2 b had

by from Albany NY on May 6, 2014

Great jeep. Purchased Saraha 2014, has all bells and whistles. Could be happier with dealership but could not be happier with jeep itself.. Great Ride if that's the type of ride ur looking for

rural carrier

by from Nauvoo, Il on April 24, 2014

I bought the right hand side jeep wrangler. Being a rural carrier, it makes things a lot easier. So far I really like it. Hopefully will be very derible as I put a little over 100 miles on it a day.

My 2014 Jeep Wrangler

by from Southampton, MA on March 19, 2014

Love my new 14 Jeep Wrangler. Fit, finish, paint, interior all great. Runs and drives terrific. Handles like a dream, Cant thank the Jeep employees in Toledo Ohio enough. An American icon.

Our Expert Review: 2014 Jeep Wrangler