2018 Kia Soul consumer reviews

$16,200–$17,800 MSRP range
side view of 2018 Soul Kia
Explore the 2018 Soul Kia
Shop the 2018 Soul Kia

Most reliable and well built car I’ve owned

This is the perfect car for me. I got it primarily for commuting to work but use it for most all errands around the Texas area. Roomy and comfortable. Well built and reliable. Wish I would have got one sooner.

So Cute and Well Made!

We bought this car brand new and it has been the best! We absolutely love how great the gas mileage is. It also has great power for a smaller car. It's perfect for buzzing around town and fits great in parking garages and tight parking lots.

Big Surprise - This thing is just fun

Bought a used 2018+ for my daughter because it’s safe and had good reliability rating for her commute. After driving it from Florida to Ohio and getting 34 mpg and it was so smooth and sturdy and the Apple Car play just made everything so enjoyable. The backup camera and fog lights make the car that much more like able and I got it for $8700 with 80k miles on it with 12mo/12,000 limited warranty built in. I would highly recommend you take the 2018 Soul+ 2.0L for a drive before making up your mind as they are relatively inexpensive and have so much cabin space inside and they feel very solid. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

3.7

Most Reliable car we have ever owned

The only thing about my 2020 Soul Kia is that the front windshield is very thin. We had a truck to throw a rock at our window and it broke we only had the car for a week. Other than that it saves on gas and we love it. Very reliabale.

Fun, easy drivability for senior citizens

Consumer Reports gave a top rating for seniors. I agree! Easy to get in and out of even if you are short. Good visibility. Easy to handle.

Newest car I've ever had

I love my new Kia Soul. Beautiful, compact and reliable! We love everything about it. Ten out of ten would reccomend to friends and family. Great car.

3.6

Known Design Flaw

Kia Motors should be ashamed of themselves! They have a problem with the computer as it relates to the performance and they will not own up to it. My Soul started with this problem within the first two weeks and they can not fix the issue! A great warranty is only good if the company will admit that the problem exists. My issue is not unique I have found that I'm in a long line of owners with the same dangerous performance design flaw. The car at times will not move forward as expected it hesitates no matter how much of the accelerator you apply. It is an intermittent problem and occurs in all traffic conditions which makes the car dangerous to drive when this unexpected event happens. When one pulls out into traffic and your car unexpectedly moves forward much slower than usual it is a panic attack circumstance! Kia Motors and the dealer have given me nothing but the runaround treatment. I researched this car extensively and found nothing relating to this problem I have never spent more time checking out an automobile. Buyer beware! On one of my visits to the dealer regarding the matter, a service writer told me my complaint was a common one and it was an engineering flaw that had not been corrected as yet. I purchased the car new last August 2018 and after a year and 7,000 miles later the headache continues. We love everything about the car except this problem and this issue overrides all the good points the automobile offers.

4.3

Reliable , Comfortable and Fun .

The Kia Soul + is a great little car. It's like a compact SUV. Easy to get in and out, plenty of space in the back seat, and great visibility. When driving in the "ECO" mode the hwy. mileage is surprisingly good.

4.0

I've got soul

Love my new car. Runs smoothly, its quiet and surprisingly roomy. I would recommend this vehicle to others even if they have kids. A a

I love my car, I'm so happy with it.

My Kia Soul met all my needs. It is comfortable, I like it. It ride cool. I like its technology. It is not an expensive car.