2002 Lexus SC 430 consumer reviews

side view of 2002 SC 430 Lexus
Explore the 2002 Lexus SC 430
Shop the 2002 Lexus SC 430

Fun

The best value of any car I've owned. I've owned Ferarri's, Porsches, and this one was just as much fun at a fraction of the cost.

Drop Dead Beautiful

I drive for a living and have owned 9 SL's. Last was an '07. This one is just as much fun for a whole lot less money. Bought a 2002 with 212,000 miles. Now on 230K and two years and haven't spent a dime on repairs. Great head turner too. Women love these toys. I like the fact that noone knows the model year. Now I keep the car note money in my pocket instead of giving it to Benz credit. Also own an '07 ES 350 that just runs and runs. Lexus knows how to build dependability. Stop, Drop and Roll

Owner

Absolutely amazing vehicle! My dream car and now I own my own. Luxury, Power, Handling, and Speed with a drop top that folds down in 8 seconds. Purely a thing of beauty. Pursuit of Happiness.

Chariot

This is an excellent car,I bought it ten years old it still rides like new.Comfort for two,all the toys u need for touring.Great V8 muscle.If U are worried about practicality don't bother.Fun head turner,top down excitment.A joy to drive,And don't forget that retractible hard top!

I LOVE THIS CAR

I've owned Mercedes, BMWs, Jaguars and this is by Far the most luxurious, comfortable and the most enjoyable car I've ever owned. I would recomend it to my best friend!

AWESOME CAR!!

Looks new, too bad they don't make them anymore, Lexus needs to design a new body style bring it back for!

Excellent

I purchsed this car used and love everything about it. I would never own another car other than a Lexus. The best on the streets!

Best Car I Ever Owned

The SC430 is the most refined luxury coupe in the main stream automotive world. Its powerful, comfortable and extremely reliable. Its the best sports coupe available hands down.

No regrets...

I absolutely love this car. I used to not be a fan of Lexus, but then I bought a 1999 GS400 (still have because it is still awesome). When I was financially able to handle an 'extra' car, I had to have one of these. I did not even consider soft tops. I could ramble about the reliability and features, but you can read that anywhere. Instead, a few considerations for negative reviews you might come across: (1) the rear seats are NOT worthless. I am 6'. My wife 5'5". My two boys, 11 and 9, fit fine in the back seat. No, we won't take a 6 hour drive in this car with kids, but runs to the games or beach or store or whatever we do 95% of the time, it works. And, when we want to take it just the wife and I, the back seat holds PLENTY of luggage while the trunk holds the roof! Can't do 4 adults, though. But, what hardtop convertible can? Those are just now starting to hit the market in 2010...and priced accordingly. (2) Get rid of the run-flat tires. The SC suspension is the same ACCLAIMED suspension of other Lexus models. The SC I bought had some really wide 20" rims that I thought I would be taking off immediately becuase of noise and ride harshness. To my utter surprise, these are quieter and smoother than my GS with 18's. I am still trying to figure that out. Yes, you will be without a spare. But, consider, how many flats have you had? Your neighbors? Your friends? Tires are very reliable, and will rarely surprise you with a flat if maintained. And, on the rare occasion you do get a flat while driving, chalk it up as a mechanical failure and call a tow truck. (3) If you prefer a more sporty, more BMW-like ride, simply convert all the front bushing to polyurethane. The car handles great, and cost is low. I've done this to both of my Lexus. (4) For those critical of the looks, all I can say is change the OEM wheels. There are tons of online pictures. The car will tend to look 'boaty' with the original OEM wheels. Since you are changing out the OEM tires anyway, might as well get some wheels that have more offset and fill the wheel well a little more.

Sporty luxury

Is it a sports car? Or is it a luxury car? In my opinion, the SC430 is a sporty luxury car. It will never compete with the likes of the BMW M3, but it's not supposed to. The SC430 announces that you have arrived. The exterior design is pure elegance - one that has now endured practically unchanged through 8 model years. This car handles like a dream - with assertively powerful acceleration from its 300hp V-8. The drawback of that fantastic engine, of course, is its thirst for premium fuel. In city driving (with lots of stops and starts), I'm averaging about 14MPG. Fortunately, I have a Civic Hybrid to use as my daily commuter car. But on weekends, the Lexus comes out, the top goes down, and I get to take advantage of the fantastic Southern California weather. In a city where Mercedes, BMWs and Jags are a dime-a-dozen, my SC430 still holds its own. It's not as much of a head-turner as it was when it was introduced, but I still love to walk up to it and know it's mine.