2002 Lexus SC 430 consumer reviews

side view of 2002 SC 430 Lexus
Explore the 2002 Lexus SC 430
Shop the 2002 Lexus SC 430

Fun car to drive

I purchased this car used about a year ago. I has been a fun car to drive. Specially this car has everything, like GPS and special wheels (Not the original factory wheels).

Dream car

Hard to believe this car is 15 years old. There are not many cars that you can purchase today and sell for as much as (or more than) you bought it for a few years from now; with this car you can. But why sell it? It's fast, luxurious and a real head turner. The look is timeless, the Mark Levinson sound system is amazing. Gets attention everywhere you go. I purchased my 2002 SC430 used with 104,000 miles and it runs like new. Unlike a BMW, there's not an ounce of worry about reliability. I know, my daily driver is a 1999 Lexus GS400 with 225,000 miles. But if you're like me, you're looking at an SC430 as a weekend or special occasion vehicle. This car delivers in all respects. The best part is, since they stopped making them years ago you don't see many of them on the road. Buy one, you won't be disappointed!

Its a sports car with a luxury sedan ride

This car is super fun to drive. It looks great, has tons of power, always draws stares and thumbs ups. Drop the top and it simply screams look at me! It is a fast attractive sports car with the smooth ride of a luxury sedan. It is a beautiful hard-top coupe that transforms into a sleek convertible (a convertible without the ragtop, what a great idea). The materials used in both the exterior and interior are second to none and the fit and finish are superb. It is a joy to drive and in my experience has been very reliable.

Might as well be a brand new car

With all the head turns I get, I always feel like I'm driving a brand new SC 430. It's such a joy to drive. I can be in a blah mood, but the second I pull out of the driveway - even if I'm driving to work - I'm instantly happy.

Lexus SC430 -classic sports car

Great sports car, reliable, amazing performance, great Lexus quality, great design. Retractable hard top convertible - A true classic - best sports car Lexus has made yet.

Best car I've ever owned

I've had my 2002 Lexus SC430 for over 10 years. Other than normal mainentance (tires, oil, belts, battery) at appropriate times, the car has operated flawlessly for over the entire period. With over 150,000 miles now, I have no doubt it can do another 150,000.

ultimate coupe, better than new cars in its class

I have driven pure sports cars most of my life and buying this car was the ultimate progression It still has sports car power and handling with unbelievable comfort. I still own a 350z,mr2 and a miata,so I feel like I have it all. Great car with a truely unique body style . All the dissenters really don't get it. This car is bullet proof. Have friends with Bmw's,Jags,Benzs, that stay in the shop all the time. Keep em ! Run flats are the only gripe.

Wanted an SL, bought a SC. It is better

The SL was a dream car since I was a boy. But when I test drove the SL of today, I found it's limited interior room cramped and uncomfortable. I remembered the SC from an Auto show. When I test drove it, the choice was clear. Same off the line torque of the SL with the same pull to 100 mph, (that is when let off the gas). But with a better interior all the way round. Comfort, quiet, smooth in the true Lexus tradition, and a killer sound system, all for thousands less. People keeping asking "is it new". We have had it for a month now and we love it. If you are looking for a roadster do not be "brand blinded". Test drive the car and be honest with yourself; "how does it feel". This is the true test and the Lexus SC430 was the one for me.

Old School Example of a High-End Roadster

Redline European had this SC as a trade-in. They were offering it at the high end of the Kelly Blu-book at 17,888. They wouldn't budge on the price, and I had compared similar SC's condition-wise for as much as 21.5, so I bit. In general, Redline was so-so. When I came down for a 2nd time, to make an offer, my car wasn't even washed. It had been sitting outside for about a week. This lack of detail, and indifferent attitude almost cost them the deal. If I hadn't made my mind up to purchase the car, I would have dropped the deal, in response to this general inattention and disinterest over the deal. In fairness, when I complained about this, they grudgingly sent me to their carwash for a "comp" wash. I'm guessing that because this car was about 20K less than their general inventory, it wasn't that big of a deal for them. I wouldn't seek them out in the future, and want to thank Cars.com for being THE only reason I found the car I wanted.

2.9

This 2002 is a real problem if over 100k miles!

I have owned tons of Lexus over the years...any of them, esp this coupe convertible with 130,000 miles will be a problem very soon. The drive train and transmissions go fast at that age, and may look nice but a $8000 repair bill looks worse. Spend the extra and get the 1005/2006 or later..