2002 Lexus SC 430 consumer reviews

Explore the 2002 Lexus SC 430
Shop the 2002 Lexus SC 430
3.5

Disappointed

Mechanically excellent but cosmetically very bad. Lots of road rash and loose trim. Online photos looked much better.

outstanding fun car

Loved everything except back seat, too small for even a child over about 5 years old, but what a car for a single person, luxury looks and performance, very reliabel my choice over a vette!

MOST RELIABLE CAR I EVER OWNED!

Super classy styling inside and out in an irresistable RED hardtop convertible with a V8. How can you resist it?

4.3

Most reliable car I have owned

This is a bulletproof option for buyers looking in the small niche of luxury convertible. Not available since 2010 it retains its value well with a loyal fan base.

4.1

Car most hated by Top Gear UK,and proud of it!

Flip a coin back in 2002 on hardtop convertibles and guess what-this car was nearly first in line (if you don't count early 60's Ford Futura)! I've had this car 3 years and haven't had any major mechanical issues. It really is a Jaguar from a reliable planet (my never own car is an XKE JAG..and thank god I don't have it/repair bills associated w. it). I owned two Jags, a Mercedes diesel, Toyota Supra, 2 Miatas, 05 Mustang convert., Volvo 242 Turbo, Golf Cabrio GLI, and a 79 Mercury Capri..all of these were far less reliable, with the exception of MX5's, but who wants later life in a bucking bronco car? The SC is smooth, power enough when needed, silent with top up, aging gracefully in its 15th year. Its not a Mercedes (overrated, overpriced, overrepaired), nor a Porsche (though I tell anyone telling me the backseat's non-existent to go buy a 911 or Cayenne Pepper shaker). What it is is the Japanese first telling the German and English "world" convertibles to get stuffed, as you can have your cake and eat it too (=luxury AND reliability/reasaonable cost equation). What is a better hardtop convertible than that? Audi-give me a break!

Sporty and Fun! The most beautiful car I've owned

This car is so fun to drive. It has a great feel and is very comfortable. I love the hard top convertable. It is in as close to mint condition as you can expect for a 2002 vehicle. You will not have a better experience than owning a Lexus.

Greatest car I ever owned.

Perfection. Quiet, quick and a total head turner. Mine was gold. Absolutely perfect. Great stereo fantastic paint never faded stayed deep and beautiful gold.

This SC430 will be the best car you ever own !!

I've owned a Miata, BMW Z3, BMW Z4 , And driven a Saturn Sky, And I'm not here today to put the other Auto's down. Fine Auto's each to there own. But once you Drive a Lexus SC 430 Hard top convertible no looking back . Just "Awesome" I wish they still made this same Model ..Regards Canada..

Car I always wanted

outstanding, very reliable, sporty, beautiful interior, very fast folding top, great value for or against models in its class

the Best Reliable Car I Ever Owned

Fun to Drive, Always catches peoples eye, Attractive, Fast, Great Pickup, Has a back seat when you need it, Cruise Control is great to use on highway, Top up and down in 19 seconds, Very Large Trunk and Back seat, can put lots of stuff in this car, Put Top Down to Get stuff in Back Seat.