2002 Lexus SC 430 consumer reviews

side view of 2002 SC 430 Lexus
Explore the 2002 Lexus SC 430
Shop the 2002 Lexus SC 430

Sport, speed and sun

This convertible is the best of all worlds. Size, styling, speed and reliability. Though small, this head turner fits lots of cargo and extra passengers in a pinch. Golf clubs too. Duals as a weekend road trip car or a smart everyday to work car.

Most Reliable Car I owned. Custom makeover.

Looks Awesome . Has Bentley Interiors and Lambo Doors. Great Condtion. Would recommend this car. Drives great. Custom Made. The car belonged to Dad and the son redid the door and interior when he got the car. Original owner with all the paper work done on the car.

3.9

Like Peter Gabriel aging before your eyes

It's quite a stretch to make a car they thought would trim buyers away from the SC430 and Jaguar XKK8's. They were right about the bulletproof reliability-save for a motormount issue, I have had control arms and lower bushings replaced, nothing unusual. I did find it impossible to find a reliable used replacment radio when my cd player went dead-urge you to look at true costs in buyiing off ebay, but other small parts should be ok to use. The other thing I did was replace EVERY interior light with the rectangular cluster LEDs in warm white-I hate that morque 6500K color. Yes, the backseat is a joke, and meant for grandkids of owner. Adults over 5.2 shouldn't go back there unless top is down/open. I just laugh at the Porsche puny seats for their dr/lawyer parents, or the SC not having one (except overseas as a jump seat-more like a grump seat! Two front seats are ok, but quite limited in rear travel and wont even go remotely down with the ratchet restricting seat back from allowing full recline. When the top's down, life is ideal...it really is a bit of a bird like feeling-car was called 'Soarer' in Japan. I could buy five of these with low mileage for the cost of the new Lexus 500LC.

BEST CAR IVE HAD THE MOST FUN DRIVING.

MET ALL OF MY NEED THIS CAR IS NOT FOR A MARRIED PERSON GETS TO MUCH ATTENTION, WHEN DRIVING THIS VEHICLE OTHERS ALWAYS ASK WHAT YEAR IS IT AND IS IT FAST.

Incredible little car - great fun to drive!

I've used this car - day in and day out - in my business driving all over Southern California (enduring the freeways) and it hasn't let me down once. And on weekends - there is nothing like driving down PCH with my beautiful wife by my side and the roof down on the car!

Exciting

A lot of car for the money. Honest owner advised me of what I was buying. I took it to the dealer, confirmed the current issues and had them bring the car to great condition. Now it is a car I can depend on.

Best Little Sports Car Ever!

This is my 2nd Lexus SC430. What a car Lexus put together! Styling, engineering, comfort, engine, trans., driving thrills, hardtop convertible - reliability - these cars have it all in a single package! If you can own one of these, do so! It puts the fun back into driving! with no worries ...

4.0

I loved the style of this car

I loved the look and feel of the SC430. The interior was just as sleek as the exterior. A couple of things that I didn't like was that the run-flat tires ride really rough! I ended up changing them for regular tires - which can be an issue if you get a flat because there is no spare tire. The truck is pretty roomy, so I would keep a spare in there, but there wouldn't be much room for anything else. The car had great getup and go, but cornered like a tank. If you are looking for a stylish cruiser, it's perfect! I would still have this car, but I moved to where it rains all of the time, so I wouldn't be driving with the top down very often.

This car was amazing

The ride and handling was incredible. The most reliable car I have ever owned. It feels like a full size car inside, very roomy. Has lots of storage space. Has lots of power.

Wow!!

The Lexus drives unlike any sports car I owned in the past. Smooth handling, excellent silent road noise control and ease of handeling. Excels without hesitation and very good visibility.