2008 Lincoln MKX consumer reviews

Explore the 2008 Lincoln MKX
Shop the 2008 Lincoln MKX
4.4

Great Crossover

Lincoln has a real winner with the MKX! My wife absolutely loves this car! The SYNC system is voice activated and ties the navigation, cell phone, stereo, Sirrus together. The navigation system is easy to use and simpler than other systems. Phone calls can be made and received by the SYNC system hands free....with excellent voice quality. This car has an excellent stereo system with THX. The rear hatch opens and closes electrically. The headlights turn as you go around corners to light the way. The negatives on the car are the cheap interior pieces and brakes could be better.

best car i've ever owened

I love this car. It is reliable,safe,beautiful and fast. I especially like the double moon roof,heated/cooled seats and the entertainment system. This car handles great under any driving condition. The sync feature is awesome. My next car will be another Lincoln MKX and I will recomend it to anyone. PS: Folding side view mirrors are an exelent and useful feature. Incorporate this on your future models.

Loved my '08 just ordered a 2011

The lease on my ML350 come due in 2008. Test drove the 2008 MKX and feel in love. Just released a '11 n

Fabulous Car--Buying Another!

I absolutely love, love, love my MKX. It's easy to park, so comfortable for long drives across the state, manueverable, elegant and luxurious. The vista roof is amazing---feels like you're driving a convertible, but safer. I have owned a lot of really nice cars, and this is my favorite of all of them. I got the black leather seats with gold piping, and black exterior, and I had the windows tinted---wow, is it sexy!!!!! Highly recommend this car. We only drive American cars and with a fantastic vehicle like this one, there's no reason to drive a foreign car any more. Also, I have not had any mechanical problems with this vehicle. It has been 100% reliable and as a woman, that's exactly what I need in a car. Lincoln has a real winner in the MKX!

best car ever

I had a 2007 and had an accident in which the car saved my life. I am looking into purchacing another just like it, I miss this car. I've had other cars and don't think I would of walked away from the accident like I did this.The security I felt when I was in it proved to be true a strong powerful car.The look of the vehicle doesn't say enough it's performance, the comfort of the car made me feel as if it were designed just for me. I had many compliments on this car.This is truley the BEST car I ever had. I look forward to driving my next MKX soon.

Best Car I've Ever Had!

I've had trucks, suv's, and cars. This is by far the best vehicle I've ever had. I usually keep a vehicle less than 2 years and get a new and different one. I've had this one for 3 years and I plan to keep it till it dies! And it doesn't seem to be in the near future!

Absolute Great Vehicle

Couldn't be more pleased with this vehicle, comfortable, stylish, good gas milage and it's AMERICAN made

solid and comfortable

this vehicle is very underated. the great deals being made in early 09 made this vehicle a no brainer. excellent interior. useful, clean, comfortable. reasonable levels of personalizing. excellent stereo. when you are giveing it a decent throttle push, the engine is really smooth and silky. tranny seems great...no bumps or jumps. ride is soft and yet controlled. only conplaint is the gas mileage is a bit below what i expected, but not awful.

This vehicle is the bomb

Researched every luxury vehicle in the category. RX350, Infinity F35, Acura MDX, etc., etc. Most everything we looked at required premium fuel and had XM radio. My wife and I sytematically reviewed every vehicle until we stumbled upon the MKX. What a dream to drive. It's the total package and it's my wifes car. I gotta have Howard Stern so Sirius Satellite was the only Satellite radio I wanted with a new car and Ford has Sirius. Also, the MKX is a regular gas vehicle when everything else in this luxury category is premium. And, it has everything you could possibly want in a vehicle including a very appealing body style, the panoramic view roof, nav, heated and cooled seats, synch technology. Test drive this vehicle, compare to everything else and you'll see why Lincoln has a huge winner in this category with the MKX.

Suprised by quality in MKX

Recently, I purchased a Lincoln MKX, and I am very pleased. I formerly owned a Lexus RX 350, but traded it in early after experiencing some problems. These problems included a cracked rim, bluetooth that did not work, and interior fit and finish issues. As soon as I test drove the Lincoln, I was instantly sold on it. I traded in my Lexus and purchased the MKX. Mine is Black with a black interior with white piping and accents and a dark wood finish that is beautiful. Fit and finish was a big concern for me, since my Lexus did not hold up well, but the Lincoln is great. All the plastics feel upmarket, and they all fit together well, in a more stylish package than the Lexus. The leather is very nice, and has not shown any signs of cracking of aging. (although I do thoroughly clean my car every weekend. The navigation is more intuitive than the Lexus, and especially the more expensive Mercedes Benz and BMW. One of my favorite features is the panoramic sunroof, which is great on nice days. The heated and cooled seats are another plus, and work much better that the Lexus. The Lexus did have a smoother engine, and was quieter, but the transmission was not as good, and it is very noticeable. The 6 speed automatic in the MKX is smooth and shifts crisply. Another great thing about this car is how it is priced. While not a cheap car, it isless expensive than the Lexus RX 350, Mercedes ML 350, Cadillac SRX, and many other competitors. While they may be more "sporty" or carry more status, I appreciate the MKX for what it is: a stylish, comfortable, way to get around. I should also add that this car DOES NOT REQUIRE PREMIUM GAS, a rare find on many luxury automobiles. City driving, I achieve 17 miles per gallon. Not great, but on the highway, I get 25, or 26 on cruise control. For comparison, my former Lexus got 14 in the city and 24 on the highway. I plan on keeping this car for at least 8 years. It has all the creature comforts I could ever desire, and has been incredibly reliable.