2013 Mazda Mazda3 consumer reviews

$16,700–$17,550 MSRP range
side view of 2013 Mazda3 Mazda
Explore the 2013 Mazda Mazda3
Shop the 2013 Mazda Mazda3

My first car and its been a dream.

I bought this car with the hopes the it would a great daily driver but also provide a little sporty fun when I put my foot down....and I have to say Mazda delivered! It totally lives up to the zoom-zoom slogan that Mazda declares on top of being reliable and sturdy. Like any car regular maintenance has kept it running smoothly and I'm looking forward to at least another two years of riding it before I switch to a new vehicle.

This car is economical! Best gas saver .

This car is great on gas and is looks fabulous. Doesn't take much to fill her up and starts every time. The safety features are awesome especially driving at night.

4.4

Reliable, nimble, and efficient

Runs clean, the maintenance is minimal and inexpensive. The vehicle itself looks very sharp and it hasn't given me any trouble after 70k miles. Great economical vehicle that doesn't skimp on performance.

3.9

Peppy, reliable value

Compared to similar cars in its class, the Mazda has excellent pickup from a stop. Nothing luxurious about the interior, but the seats are surprisingly comfortable on a long trip. Reliability had been very good. Overall a very good value for the money.

4.0

2013 Mazda 3

What a fun car. Drove it for 3 years with no problems. Didn't know what to expect from Mazda. Not as peppy as I would have hoped but held the road really well it put a grin on my face. The same look as the smiley front end. It has its share of bells and whistles with the top model, navigation, comfortable sport seats and decent interior.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

I was in love the moment i seen the 2013 mazda3. I traded in a 2002 mazda protege for it and instantly fell in love. Its comfortable, stylish, looks sporty without being a gas hog. Was very reliable and SAFE! Got into a wreck which totaled it sadly.. but me and my husband have only very minor injures.

Bought from hertz

Just wanted to say thanks to Hertz of Clearwater, Florida, and specifically Manager Greg Baldwin and salesman Mike Mancini, for their wonderful help buying this fabulous car and utilizing the Hertz incentive rewards program. You both made buying from Hertz a pleasure and I will use you all again. THANK YOUR! Anyone who is considering buying a car should check Hertz out because they sell well maintained cars at very reasonable prices.

3.9

skyactiv ftw

i only have to put gas in my car about every 2 weeks, typically in the 350-400 miles per tank range. if i highway it only, i can get just over 500 miles on a tank. when traveling cross country, say from IN to CO, where the speed limits go up to 75 mph thru NE for hours, i average 36.5 mpg. when driven conservatively, skyactiv motors produce fuel economy that renders diesel motors obsolete in every way. best shifter besides the one in my old RSX-S. some trouble shifting into 1st at times, a double clutch solves that. weird blip when tapping the throttle between 2nd and 3rd. shifts are instant snicks otherwise. approaching 60k, this car has needed nothing but every 5-7k oil changes and has been the first car i've had that is worth more than it's actual value. looks and drives the same as the day i bought it. new tires from stock at 50k. no new anything besides that yet, with around 40% of original brake pads remaining at 53k. hatch has a near 50/50 weight distribution and it is noticeable in just about every movement this car makes. so easy and fun to drive despite the rev limiter kicking in about 1000 rpm too early. buy one and you won't be dissatisfied. this motor is the same as in the current miata and every other $30k+ mazda, so spend $15-$20k on the same tech as in a $50k CX9!!!

Very fun car for the money

My job situation required me to downgrade from a two year old Camaro SS to something cheaper with good gas mileage. I bought a new manual trans Honda Civic and it was OK but seemed unstable on the highway and had basically no pickup. After about a year, I saw a friend of mine driving a Mazda 3 and I decided to go test drive one. What a huge difference from the Civic. Traction control, wider tires, much better pickup, smooth manual 6 speed, much funner car to drive. The Civic had a far better entertainment system than my Mazda, but the Mazda also has a USB port and it does the job well enough. Having the Camaro spoiled me as far as speed and pickup goes but the Mazda does a great job for a 150 HP engine. Not much torque but the 6 speed manual trans allows you to pull ahead when you need to gun it for whatever reason. The Honda could NOT do that at all. Trunk space is large and the back seat is plenty big for my kids. I drive almost all city and the gas mileage readout after a year tells me that the average is 32 mpg, exactly like my Honda said after a year. If you need an inexpensive car with good pickup, a very stable ride, and great gas mileage, you cant go wrong with the Mazda 3. I can definitely see why they say, zoom zoom.

I LOVE MY CAR

I HAVE A 2013 MAZDA 3 COUPE WITH 6 SPEED MANUAL TRANS AND SKY ACTIVE.. I HAVE THE MID RANGE SPORT TRIM. I LOVE MY CAR. GREAT GAS MILEAGE AND FUN TO DRIVE.