2014 Mitsubishi Mirage consumer reviews

side view of 2014 Mirage Mitsubishi
Explore the 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage
Shop the 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage

Dependable.

This car is dependable and has excellent gas mileage. Speeds up quickly for the small 3 cylinder engine it has. The stock tires are a bit small, I would recommend getting larger ones.

Great Cheap Car!

Car met all my needs. Good fuel efficiency, cheap , within my budget and good mileage for a used car. Perfect hatchback car for a new car owner!

3.4

The price is very good.

The price is good. Needs too much work . The dealership takes to much time to fix what ever was wrong with the car. This car always needs breaks.

3.9

Cheapest fill up I have ever encountered.

It is a great choice as a secondary car. I call it my little red jelly bean. Great gas mileage: 35-40 mpg. I filled up for $17 at $2.65 a gallon. Still able to get a car seat comfortably in the back. Not much trunk space even for a hatchback but the interior is surprisingly roomy.

4.1

Very economical and reliable car

Exactly as advertised, Most inexpensive car on the market with the highest MPG anywhere. Averaged over 45 MPG, sometimes got 50 per tankful. No frills, not the most exciting car on the road, but it's exactly what I expected and never had a problem.

4.4

Very practical car

I've purchased 3 of these cars. They're perfect for in town and rural driving. I have the stick shift model and my spouses' is the CVT. They're always reliable and get very impressive MPG. In the summer months I've regularly achieved 50+ mpg or even 60 if I keep the speed around 50 and coast to stops. The size is perfect for us as it's very easy to maneuver in city traffic yet can haul a good amount of cargo with the seats folded. Highway driving and long trips aren't especially pleasant as these cars were designed mainly for city driving. At speeds above 60 the engine is quite taxed and if you're driving 70 don't expect much over 35mpg. The seats are not supportive but it is a budget car not an Audi. Overall we're extremely happy with the Mirage.

4.0

Economic excellence.

Good ,reliable, low cost operation and happy with it's performance so far. After 34000 miles still operates as it did when first purchased in 2014. Only one service was needed while owning the car . Engine light came on , took it to dealer, was repaired under warranty (thermostat) no problem since.

2.9

slow slow slower!

Well what can I say about the 3 cylinder Mirage that hasn't already been said? The gas mileage is incredible! I once got 52 MPG average in highway driving. Its not going to win you any races unless you race a guy on a bicycle. It uses full synthetic oil which is more costly. It kinda sounds like nuts and bolts in a blender during acceleration. The AC is weak and not very cold and bogs down the already overtaxed engine. But on a positive note the interior is actually kinda roomy! Hatch space well don't plan on carrying much back there. I kinda sorta still wish I still had this car. Repairs are cheap and on the plus side if you ever run out of gas you can pick it up and carry it to the nearest station! Only weighs about a ton which makes for scary times on the interstate. I felt like a VERY small fish in a HUGE pond! Its a good car for a first time buyer who hasn't seen what a real car with a decent AKA 4 cyl car can do.

3.9

A Great Basic Car

I purchased the Mirage as a second vehicle to commute to/from work. It's a wonderful little runabout that gets outstanding gas mileage and is rock solid reliable. Ride is great at the expense of handling but a quick install of a rear anti-roll bar helped. Mitsubishi offers quite a few accessories to help customize the car. I highly recommend getting the center armrest. Rear seats fold down to accommodate a serious Costco run. There is more room inside that you would expect. The rear seats have more room than much larger vehicles. Mitsubishi generally offers generous rebates that make this a no-brainer purchase for a nice, basic, run-about.

4.4

Great little car

I love the car great for commuting outstanding mileage averaging 42 mixed miles. Very reliable never left me stranded. Only two drawbacks odd tire size makes them hard to find and expensive. Navigation map updates are very expensive for the system would not recommend getting the mirage with navigation.