Model Details

2003 Nissan 350Z Consumer Reviews

Average based on 30 reviews

Fun with Style

by from Jacksonville, FL on January 11, 2011

I had and 03 touring I got back in 05 with 3000 miles. I drove the car hard for three years I owned it. never had a complaint. the cabin noise can be a little loud at times, but this is a sports car. if I wanted a quiet ride I would have gotten a cadillac. I only got rid of the car after some A** hole ran into my Z at a gas staion causing a lot of damage to the left door and quarter panel, after that it was repaired but it was just not the same any more. I miss the car and there's only one thing for sure, I will get another one some day; for now I have to wait until the kids are a bit older. I do recommend that people interested in buying one do their homework on the different models. Because my Z had the VDC(vehicle dynamics control) there was not that much aftermarket suspension components available, and the ones that offer parst are really spencive. Also I did not like the placement of the 12v power outlet, it is in the rear of the cabin witch made it almost impossible to run a power cord for a Radar detector. and my next Z I would prefer to get cloth seats or sweade inserts because the leather its not good at keeping you from sliding at high speed cornering.

Amazing and Reliable

by from Bloomington, IL on November 19, 2010

I picked one up used for under $16,000. Best purchase I've ever made. The car is extremely easy to modify and looks fast even when standing still. The amount of compliments I receive are endless because the Z styling will never go out of phase.

nice ride

by from Chicago, IL on March 22, 2011

this car rides nice, get lots of looks, but only two seats. and comfort for long rides is not recommended do to not to comfy .

fast and fun

by from lake geneva, wi on September 2, 2012

I have had my 350 for 3-4 months now and it has been pretty good. I love the look and the performance of the vehicle however there are some minor things that are just plain stupid. First the cars hood and hatch are both aluminum, this is nice to make it light however, it dents very easily. Do not have this car in heavy rain and especially not hail. It will look like a golf ball instantly. The other small thing is the trunk only opens with the remote key or release pull. There is no inside button to open it. The windows seal when you open abd close the door. And the windows get off track but it's easy to reset them. All other features are great. Love the navigation and sound system. Heated seats ac abs heat are amazing as well as the reliability. I have the touring edition and its great in all weather. The car has excellent handling. Overall I am really happy with my car. Also when I choose to get rid of it, it will be easy and retain the value well.

03 Z

by from on April 14, 2011

bought 03 2 months after they came out. Has been a great car. Only issue was the front tires wearing incorrectly. Nissan paid for one extra set. For 03s you should get it aligned every 20k miles.

350z

by from IN on March 4, 2011

great car, except with automatic there is an acceleration lag. The exterior is very good. The interior is spacious.

Blue Z

by from Greece, NY on February 16, 2009

I have a Blue 350z, with 6k on it. I love my car. I can't explain the feeling of starting it up, and pullin out of my garage and going down the street at having people stare. This car is so worth every penny. I love it. I put a few things on it and some mod's to the engine and its crazy fast. I love it. Totally recommend it.

The Greatest

by from Atlanta Georgia on February 3, 2008

I have owned a Datsun 280Z and it was great but my 350Z is the greatest car that I have ever driven. The look is astonishing and the handling is perfect. Compliments never stop coming and when I get in the cockpit the world is a daze. Everyone should drive one before death.

What a blast

by from Lewisburg, PA on May 23, 2013

Two weeks ago bought a 2003 350Z with 40,000 miles on it. Makes my commute a new, exciting and pleasurable experience. Handling is fantastic. Shifts like a dream. My only complaint, and I wouldn't even call it that, is the interior noise. But it makes me feel even more aware of the driving experience, and driving this car is exciting on a whole new level. I've owned a number of great sports cars -- Mustang, Camaro, Celica GTS -- and this is the best handling one of the bunch, with the best feel for and of the road.

Best Sports Car for the Price

by from Oregon. OR on December 8, 2013

I bought an 03, 350Z base model, Manuel trans, used with 42k miles on it, it now has 56k. I have had no major problems with the vehicle, so far. I tend to be a critic when it comes to cars but with the Z there just isn't much to critique. The comfort: I put 4 stars simply because although the ride is smooth you can easily feel the road (like most sports cars.) Also the Z gets some of road noise, nothing to annoying it's hard to even notice if you have the radio on. Performance: 5 stars this car has crazy fast exhilaration it's how a true sports car should feel. The turning circle is very tight I love this about the Z. I also enjoy the steering it is very sensitive you don't need to turn the wheel much to turn the car hard in that direction. Exterior design: 5 stars. Let's just face it the Z is a great looking car, it's a real "head turner" for its price. I get a lot of complements while driving it. This car is far from outdated, I have even had people ask me if the car was brand new because it looks like the modern style of car. My only complaint is the stock headlights are not very powerful with tinted windows it can be hard to see well out of. Interior design: 4 stars. The interior of the 350Z looks good to the eye, but the dash and other parts of the car are made of a cheap feeling plastic. Also the bind spots can be difficult to see out of, it's something you need to get used to but if you are aware of the cars around you this shouldn't be a problem. There is no storage area on the passenger's side dash it feels empty. Value for money: 5 stars. If your looking for a reliable, fast, good looking, sports car this is it. I have both driven and researched several other sports cars that are around the same price as the Z, a few cars stuck out to me, I liked the Porsche Boxter and Honda S2000 but when you get down to it, the Z takes the cake, with it's looks and performance. Reliability: 5 stars, like I said no major problems. I had to replace the front passenger wheel baring at one point. Not too bad considering the car is 11 years old. I had a problem with the driver's side door handle a small plastic piece inside the door handle broke and it wouldn't open had to replace it. Otherwise just general maintenance, and the thing still runs like a champ.