2019 Nissan Rogue Sport consumer reviews

Explore the 2019 Nissan Rogue Sport
Shop the 2019 Nissan Rogue Sport
4.4

Rogue Sport, S Model with AWD

We went in looking for a Chevy TRAX w/AWD (we live in New England - lots of snow!) to replace our old JEEP Patriot which had a rotted out sub-frame and would no longer pass inspection. I was looking for a used 2018 with some warranty left. There was a single 2019 Nissan Rogue Sport S on the lot that was supposed to have been shipped to another dealer out of state but somehow was left behind. I got the car for a very, very good price, no trade, all cash. After test driving the TRAX and test driving the Rogue Sport, the difference was so stark. The TRAX was more expensive, with far fewer features, nowhere near as comfortable, less acceleration, so-so braking, and the AWD was less sure-footed than the Sport. We test drove both over dry road, hard-packed snow, ice, slush, and a wet stretch. The difference was really noticeable - the Sport did it all, sure and nimble, while the TRAX sort of stumbled and bumbled its way through each stretch of the test. The tires on the Sport were poor (badly worn) but, even with newer tires on the TRAX, it still outperformed the Chevy. I have since replaced the OEM tires with Off-Road/On-Road tires and it now handles 8" of snow like it was on treads. As others have said, I do wish Nissan had added a few more safety options (backup braking, pedestrian braking, etc.) to this basic model and maybe a button in the cabin to release the back hatch. I note that the 2020 Rogue Sport S model has some of these features. We tend to keep vehicles for quite some time (the JEEP was a 2007 and our other car is a 2008 Chevy Trailblazer 4X4) so we're hoping this will last through at least 10 -12 years.

4.0

Very reliable vehicle

The vehicle meets my needs. Has plenty of room for my needs. It a good looking vehicle. Has good features. It is very comfortable. Nice color.

First New Car in 40 Years - That's Saying Somethin

This is a great choice for our family size and needs. My husband is tall and he us able to enter and exit without hurting any body parts. I love the color and the safety features. Especially like the backup camera.

I’m in love with my Rogue and love the way it ride

The car met all my needs and I’m just in love with it.The color is beautiful and I just love all the features it has

Best vehicle I've owned!

My Rogue Sport rides beautifully...smooth, comfortable leg room, and great visibility...I love the adjustable riding driver's seat! Good gas mileage, great in all types of weather! Great car!!

Beautiful ride

This vehicle is so smooth and drives like a charm. This car was the best choice out of all it’s competitors. Wouldn’t trade it for anything.

2.9

Not pleased with this car

I traded in my 2 year old Jeep for a new 2019 Rogue Sport. Everything I’ve read made this vehicle seem like the perfect new SUV for me. Bought during the summer & didn’t have any issues until now that the weather has changed my inside windows keep getting a hazy film inside & the defrost or heater doesn’t even defrost them. I have to literally have a cloth in my vehicle to wipe my windows down every morning & when driving in the evening just to see out my windows. I’ve never owned a vehicle that this has happened in. Not sure what is causing this or what to do. I’m afraid I’m going to get in an accident as the weather will just continue to get colder & I’m afraid to drive my car anymore but of course I have to to get to work. Anyone else have this issue or any suggestions would be helpful. I even cleaned my windows with some defogger that was recommended & this didn’t help.

Easy to drive and fully customizable

The Rogue Sport has surpassed all of my expectations. I have the SL trim and there is very little that is not in this vehicle. Nissan has changed things up. The car is very customizable from light sensitivity for the auto headlights to even picking how the doors unlock. This is an easy, fun and extremely quiet vehicle to drive. It is highly responsive and has been doing better than the predicted mileage. The 2019 Rogue Sport has put to shame every other previous vehicle I have had.

2.3

Lacks basic features and snow tires hard to get

Known as Qashqia, purchased the high end SLmodel. Going up hills, it gasps for air. Brakes are mushy. No automatic rear hatch. No power passenger-side front seat. Navigation system doesn’t recognize addresses (thank goodness for googles maps on my iPhone!). Snow tires in P225/45R19 size are all special orders. Unimpressed and underwhelmed.

I am a consistent, satisfied Tom Peacock Nissan cu

I was not aware of the Rogue Sport. It was pointed out to me by the salesman. It fit my needs better than what I came in looking for.