2006 Pontiac Gto

Loving It!

by from Long Island on July 23, 2017

It's exactly as I remember it. I test drove one 14 years ago and loved it. It's a comfortable cruiser and a more than capable performer when called upon.

Uses car for Havingfun

Best Muscle Car For the Money

by from Long Island, NY on July 3, 2017

This GTO is the last GTO production muscle car by Pontiac in 2006. 400 HP, and half the price of other muscle cars was the best of both worlds.

Uses car for Havingfun

Wonderful car

by from West Allis, Wisconsin on June 28, 2017

I've only owned it for about a year, but it had no issues while I had it. The six-speed transmission was very smooth, and the car is a blast to drive. Audio system was not the greatest, but not terrible. There's somewhat of a large blind spot on the drivers side, but the wide view mirror helps with this a lot. Even long car rides are comfortable. I would recommend this car for anyone looking for some fast wheels.

Great LS car for the money

by from South Gate on June 16, 2017

Car is a great performance but I personally like the Fbody LS since I think it looks better and they're cheaper and lighter.

fine and fun

by from chicago on June 4, 2017

very nice style when lower to correct hight and styled with nice rims, 6L motor gives the car good power and scream, limited slip makes it fun to drive, car has a lot of heart.

LOVED IT

by from PORTSMOUTH, VA on May 31, 2017

BEST SPORTS CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED. I WOULD GET 400 MILES TO A TANK OF GAS AND STILL HAVE PLENTY OF POWER. LOTS OF FUN TO DRIVE. EVEN MET MY WIFE WITH THE CAR LOL

Great Summer Car

by from Wisconsin on May 1, 2017

A unique ride that offers very little options so all are fairly easy to compare with one another. The price is falling on these and they are fun little sleepers once you remove the wing. Modifying them is expensive.

Very quick and very dependable

by from Anaheim, CA on June 1, 2015

I'ved owned a black/charcoal 2006 GTO now for nearly 10 years and have enjoyed its power and comfort. Mine has been very reliable with the only significant repair being a water pump replacement. Mine has 205K miles and it still drives great. Still on the first clutch. I've not once peeled out but I also don't baby it. When it comes time, I will simply rebuild the engine and trans.

brazen man

by from Dublin, NH on August 19, 2014

I've owned this 2006 gto for 3 years love every minute of driving it It's Brazen Metalic Orange for which there were only 171 made at all in that color in 2006 . I've found out I own the only one like in the state of NH I receive great comments all the time about it my girlfriend how can you stand to hear all those people talk about it I told her I love it . one guy said to me does that have a 6 in it I told him it has a corvette motor in it had to show him. I love the design of it the color handling music system I bought with 31,000 on it up 52,000 now with no major headaches the garage I have it serviced at love it I make sure I mark the mileage when I bring it for service . when I was a kid in the 60's didn't have the money to buy one now I'm 60 and enjoying it I still have a need for speed also It's oil under coated every year no rust a 64 year old gentleman owned it before I did didn't ever see winter . I do drive in winter goes great with traction control

2006 Goat

by from Junction City, KS on November 28, 2013

This will be my second, last generation GTO. I recently totaled my 2005 at the race track. I had to have another one. In my opinion the GTO is the most muscle car value for the money on the market today. They come only one way, loaded with power everything and leather interior. They are comfortable, powerful, and have potential to be a straight up street brawler. With a stock 400 HP 400 Ft LBS of torque LS2 they are great out of the box but with a few modifications like cam, intake, headers the LS2 engine is easily capable of over 500 crank horsepower and over 460 wheel horsepower. I know I did it with my 2005. The 2006 seems quite a bit tighter suspension wise than my 2005 even with upgraded sway bars and polyurethane suspension bushings. It has the optional 18" wheels. I haven't really looked under the car yet to see if anything is aftermarket or modified on the suspension. I just know these cars are excellent quality, have loads of power potential, and are pretty easy to modify. I love mine, again, and I would recommend a GTO to anyone looking for a great, top quality, muscle car at a great price.