2006 Pontiac GTO consumer reviews

side view of 2006 GTO Pontiac
Explore the 2006 GTO Pontiac
Shop the 2006 GTO Pontiac

GTO = Civilized Brutality

Bought my "used" '06 Torrid Red GTO two years ago with 1k miles on it. Now have about 4500 miles on it. The car is simply amazing. It behaves nice when you need it to and conversely it makes the jump to light speed instantly when called upon. The build quality is far beyond any normal GM product you might be familiar with. This Australian built masterpiece is unmatched for price, quality and price. Plus you don't see a lot of them around which is nice versus the dime a dozen new Camaros & Mustangs. For people who criticize the GTOs limited trunk space, common folks, you don't buy a GTO, Vette, Camaro, etc. for trunk space! The LS2 GTO is simply the best GTO ever built and the most exciting Pontiac product since the 1973-74 455 SDs! Long live PMD!!!

Most Amazing Car EVER

This is the fastest car I have ever been in! I would see a couple Mustang GT's and "Rice Burners" racing on the highway and just blow by them for fun. Great handeling! Amazing acceleration! Have yet to be beat by anyone on the road!

Great Performance for the money

Bought car in May 2009 from carmax in greenville,Sc. With 10,340 miles on it. I now have over 27,000 miles on it with no problems. The original tires are still on the car and were only rated for 14,000 miles. I have almost doubled that and now have to replace them within another 2,000 miles. This let's me know that the undercarriage and steering is most definitely sound with this car. Buy one. You won't be disappointed. The top speed is supposed to be around 175m.p.h . The '06 model has no governor on it. I've had her up to 145 with no problem. Ivget brand new tires all around ill max her out.

Best car I ever owned

One word explains it all....EXCELLENT! This is, without a doubt, the best car I have ever owned. I have enjoyed just driving this car better than any other one I have owned as well. My first one was totaled when rear-ended in rush hour traffic (took a 40mph hit without so much as a bruise to the occupants) and did all I could to find another. The second one had the strut issues but it was a warranty item and was fixed pronto by Sewell in Dallas. I HIGHLY recommend this car to anyone.

WOW

We bought this car used and drove it 3700 miles the first two weeks and a month later drove another 2100 miles. With the Pedders suspension ption it drove like a slot car. Acceleration is breathtaking. The automatic takes a little getting used to since you can drop it down two gears if you push throttle to floor. Trunk space is at a minimum and the back seat requires skill to enter but is very comfortable once you are there. The rear seats do not fold down. Interion styling is second to none. Ranks with premium sports cars costing much more. Gas mileage varies do to driver inconsistancy. Temptation lurks at every stop light or curvy road. This is a Corvette with two rear seats.

Nice car

The 2006 Pontiac GTO is a very nice car that provides 400 HP while giving you a very nice riding and all the comfort you will need. The car also has a great exhaust system that you can hear rummbuling from some distance. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Love it!

The car is great, a real performer that leaves the 20th century behind. GM should have made a better commitment to the car, styling it from the ground up with a retro look, putting OnStar and a great sound system in the car, and then promoting it. However, for pure performance, it leaves everyone else behind.

NOTE

BEST CAR EVER SO YOU SHUD BUY ONE OF THES CARS THAY ARE EVER RELIABIL AND JUST FUN TO DRIVE AROUND IN AND VAERY SPORTY

3.6

Aussie muscle

This car was actually made in Australia and exported to the USA, using a Aussie made shell etc from its local range but also using quite a few bits from GM international parts bin (such as a V8 from USA). It was sold there as the Holden Monaro or a HSV. There was a bit of after market stuff available over there, so if you are thinking of upgrading it, it may pay to look those up

G-T-O Nuff Said

BEST CAR I'VE OWNED!!!! I use to have one a couple years ago which i had to get rid of only maybe 4 months ago because of a financial crisis. But now I've come into good money again and I am planning on buying another one within the next month or so. Gorgeous cars, amazing handling, especialy when you consider the fact that it weighs over 4400lbs. I mean who wouldn't want a 400hp pure bred American beauty. Like the title says, Nuff Said. GM really outdid themselves on this one. Once i get another one I don't plan on ever owning anything other than an 05-06 GTO!!!